• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Fuchsdh

Case recommendation:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JYKGD9E/?tag=neogaf0e-20

61iiEux6PAL._SL1000_.jpg

I haven't seen a better one yet

Can you put on a glass screen protector and combine it with that?

KingGondo

Banned
If anyone's on the fence about the Apple leather case I absolutely love mine. Provides a basic level of protection and doesn't affect my enjoyment of the form factor of the phone.

Honestly, that extra bit of thickness is nice. Feels too thin otherwise.

Jimrpg

If anyone's on the fence about the Apple leather case I absolutely love mine. Provides a basic level of protection and doesn't affect my enjoyment of the form factor of the phone.

Honestly, that extra bit of thickness is nice. Feels too thin otherwise.
Found it slippery without a case like a bar of soap. The apple leather case is really nice in the hand. Doesn't provide any drop protection tho so will have to be extra careful

MicH

I've also used the Apple leather caae since launch and I love it. Phone is too thin without a case and this one is so nice. I have the black one and it still looks brand new

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Ugh, I think I fucked myself setting up my iPhone 6 Plus. My previous phone (iPhone 5) was still on iOS7. I set up my iPhone 6 Plus as a new phone since it's been years since I've been using the same backup and wanted to start fresh. When it asked me if I wanted to upgrade to iCloud Drive, I accepted it without thinking there would be any problems. But it seems like it won't sync with my iCloud data pre iOS8.

Is the only solution to update my iPhone 5 to iOS8 to get my old data or can I revert iCloud Drive to iCloud?

Ugh, I think I fucked myself setting up my iPhone 6 Plus. My previous phone (iPhone 5) was still on iOS7. I set up my iPhone 6 Plus as a new phone since it's been years since I've been using the same backup and wanted to start fresh. When it asked me if I wanted to upgrade to iCloud Drive, I accepted it without thinking there would be any problems. But it seems like it won't sync with my iCloud data pre iOS8.

Is the only solution to update my iPhone 5 to iOS8 to get my old data or can I revert iCloud Drive to iCloud?

I think so. I know that now my back up needs 8.1 to restore on a device.

alright the bugs and annoyances of the OS not being optomized for the 6+ are starting to show for me

no lock landscape mode is ridiculous too

also is 1080p quality video not working for anyone else on YouTube?

ecurbj

so the leather case is good this time? I remember the one for 5S not having the greatest impressions

And those same impressions carry over with the 6 leather cases. They are plagued with turning real dark after a few days of use. If you do go with Apple's leather case. Get the black leather case. All the others will start to show wear.

Apple this time offers silicone cases for the 6 unlike for the previous iPhone's. So you have your choice between Apple. The leather or silicone case. Or you can just buy your own non-Apple case.

mrkgoo

Case recommendation:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JYKGD9E/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I haven't seen a better one yet

How could anyone do that to such a beautiful phone?

Just the thought of picking out nasties from all those crevasses is grossing me out. Terrible case.

You could run a truck over it I reckon but that is one ugly case.

holy god thats the worst looking thing Ive ever seen. Who would pay so much for a phone than clad it in that. Just buy insurance if your going to do that. Yuck.

It always cracks me up how tastes can so wildly different from being the BEST available, to it being just downright ugly.

Yeah I know, that's how opinions work, but it's amusing. I don't like the case either for what it's worth.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
The black leather case is great until you notice your phone has acquired a couple of dents near the Lightning port (-_-). I have no idea why Apple didn't protect the bottom edge this time. It's a £260 repair, though I'll just leave it.

mrkgoo

The black leather case is great until you notice your phone has acquired a couple of dents near the Lightning port (-_-). I have no idea why Apple didn't protect the bottom edge this time. It's a £260 repair, though I'll just leave it.

The iPhone 5 leather case blocked a whole bunch of lightning accessories, including their old dock connector to lightning adaptor. There were work arounds, such as using the cable version, but there most definitely some downsides to the design.

Like all cases, pluses and minuses.

Cloudy

Banned
It always cracks me up how tastes can so wildly different from being the BEST available, to it being just downright ugly.

Yeah I know, that's how opinions work, but it's amusing. I don't like the case either for what it's worth.

Lol I don't see how anyone can hold the phone without a case or with those super slim ones. It feels so slippery without a nice case.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah so it's been over a week now that I've had the 6plus and I can't imagine life without it.

Got a 6+ on Friday upgrading from a 5. Still have to get used to the size jump, but it's been really nice so far. Will be getting a case soon because this thing is crazy slippery!

It was pretty hilarious being able to walk into O2 here in the UKs and grab a space grey 64 GB 6+ on an impulse buy where my dad in Los Angeles has been complaining to me about them being sold out for ages and having to wait several weeks for his to ship.

Kinan

Any recommendations about a docking station for iphone 6? Should be compact and stable, nothing fancy, just for bedtime charging.

My question has nothing to do with the iPhone 6 but this seems like the most active thread...

My iPhone 5 is having a weird problem. I keep it on my desk at work all day. Every once in a while, the battery will just drain very quickly. Most days I'm at work and I don't touch it much, unless I get a text. By the time I leave work, it's still at 90% or above.

Today, though, it's only 3:30 in the afternoon and my battery is at 28%. It's draining so fast I can almost see the battery meter moving. First I closed all the open apps, which I know isn't supposed to be necessary. Then I turned my phone off and back on again. Neither thing helped. It's still draining.

Like I said this happens like once a month or so. I'm not doing anything different with it than I normally do. Haven't changed any settings. Anyone know what's causing this?

Top Bottom