• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

KingGondo

Banned
My question has nothing to do with the iPhone 6 but this seems like the most active thread...

My iPhone 5 is having a weird problem. I keep it on my desk at work all day. Every once in a while, the battery will just drain very quickly. Most days I'm at work and I don't touch it much, unless I get a text. By the time I leave work, it's still at 90% or above.

Today, though, it's only 3:30 in the afternoon and my battery is at 28%. It's draining so fast I can almost see the battery meter moving. First I closed all the open apps, which I know isn't supposed to be necessary. Then I turned my phone off and back on again. Neither thing helped. It's still draining.

Like I said this happens like once a month or so. I'm not doing anything different with it than I normally do. Haven't changed any settings. Anyone know what's causing this?
Apple Store. Some iPhone 5 batteries are faulty and are covered by Apple.

Try this link:

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone5-battery/

So I ordered a 6 from Apple over the weekend and I'm wondering if the processing time is going to change? It's been stuck at "Available to ship: 7-10 business days" for a few days now, and the delivery time just got pushed back from Nov 28 - Dec 3 to Dec 3 - Dec 8. Is the Available to ship time going to eventually go down to 3-5 business days, 1-2 business days, shipped, or will I just get an email one day saying it shipped and the available to ship time will never change before then?

So I am browsing cases on amazon for my new 6 and there are so many fake reviews out there. I'm looking for a slim case that is raised enough in the front and raise enough for the camera. Any recommendations?

Like this case looks great but I swear there are no REAL reviews for it.

So I am browsing cases on amazon for my new 6 and there are so many fake reviews out there. I'm looking for a slim case that is raised enough in the front and raise enough for the camera. Any recommendations?

I'm in the same boat. Bought an otter box with my 6 and just hate how bulky it is. If anyone has a rec for a solid case I'm all ears.

KingGondo

Banned
It's a basic level of protection but everyone I've talked to loves their Apple leather cases. I love mine too.

My wife has an Apple silicone case and likes hers too.

It's a basic level of protection but everyone I've talked to loves their Apple leather cases. I love mine too.

My wife has an Apple silicone case and likes hers too.

They look nice, I just don't want to throw $45 at a case when i know I can get something for $15 or less that is efficient. There are just so many options and fake reviews that makes this hard. I might buy the one I linked and risk it

Corgi

Banned

Ringke fusion clear.

Favorite brand of cases that offer enough protection and decently thin.

KingGondo

Banned
They look nice, I just don't want to throw $45 at a case when i know I can get something for $15 or less that is efficient. There are just so many options and fake reviews that makes this hard. I might buy the one I linked and risk it
The bottom line is that you'll be using it for at least a year, and probably closer to 2 years.

You invested hundreds of dollars into the phone, I don't see why spending $50 on a case you love is such a big deal.

I wasn't a huge fan of the bumper cases, but Apple nailed it with their cases this time IMO.

Brakke

Banned
Just picked one up, my last iPhone was a 3GS I think? Basically like it so far but can someone help me out: the white Safari chrome is attrocious! Is there any way to change that?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Just picked one up, my last iPhone was a 3GS I think? Basically like it so far but can someone help me out: the white Safari chrome is attrocious! Is there any way to change that?
You can switch to private browsing :p that's it for official options.

Brakke

Banned
You can switch to private browsing :p that's it for official options.

D: dark GAF looks awful on this chrome. Oh well. Miss the windows phone dark mode already...

Also now if I flick on a website it only scrolls like a page-down worth. Can I make it have less... friction? I wanna flick once or twice to get the the bottom of the page, not seventeen times... Can't find an option.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
D: dark GAF looks awful on this chrome. Oh well. Miss the windows phone dark mode already...

Also now if I flick on a website it only scrolls like a page-down worth. Can I make it have less... friction? I wanna flick once or twice to get the the bottom of the page, not seventeen times... Can't find an option.
Alas no. I do the "finger walk" when I need to scroll a lot. Also on GAF pressing the title bar of a thread will take you to the bottom. I don't know why the far right edge doesn't act like a scrobble fir the whole page.

Might've worth checking other browsers to see if they have dark theme. I haven't used any. Also in landscape the chime will completely disappear as you scroll.

Rainy

Banned
I'm thinking of ordering a 6 or a 6+ this weekend, leaning more towards the 6+. Bendgate doesn't really impact my thinking, even if I do wear skinny jeans, and I'll probably get some case for my phone anyway. How have people's experiences with their 6+ been?

rokkerkory

When the fuck will ATT get more iphone 6s?

I have to stick to them due to my work paying for ATT service... I just have to pay for the phone.

You are now chatting with Akeem, an AT&T sales representative.
Akeem: Welcome to AT&T online Sales support. How may I help you with placing your order today?
Kory: When are you guys getting more iphone 6s? I have been waiting for weeks.
Akeem: Hey Kory!
Akeem: Are you a new customer?
Kory: I want to be
Kory: but you have no iphone 6s to order
Kory: :(
Akeem: I would be more than happy to get you the information you need on getting new services.
Kory: Could you please tell me when new iphone 6s will be in stores?
Akeem: Just to be clear, Is it the iPhone 6Plus you're referring to?
Kory: just regular iphone 6
Kory: they are not available in california...

Waits and waits for answer...zzzzzzzzzzz

ijm72

When the fuck will ATT get more iphone 6s?

I have to stick to them due to my work paying for ATT service... I just have to pay for the phone.

Can't you order the phone online through ATT's store? I ordered a 6 for my sister last night and this morning I got the shipping notification saying the phone will be delivered on Tuesday.

Husker86

iPhone scrolling has always been painfully slow. It sucks when you're someone who uses both iOS and Android regularly.

rokkerkory

Can't you order the phone online through ATT's store? I ordered a 6 for my sister last night and this morning I got the shipping notification saying the phone will be delivered on Tuesday.

No I have to come into the store as per my company agreement with ATT to show proof of contract :(

ijm72

No I have to come into the store as per my company agreement with ATT to show proof of contract :(

That sucks can't you order the phone at the store and have it shipped there? Or is that not allowed? With the holidays coming up it might be a while before ATT stores have them in stock.

VoxPop

Anyone know a working tweak for iOS 8 that lets you change icon label colors? Trying to change them to black..

aFFXCP3.jpg

VoxPop

If that's your homescreen, it's beautiful. What tweaks/theme do you use?

Thanks! Its a simple setup.

Icons: Zanilla
Wallpaper: From Papers.co, forgot which page sorry
Oxygen Font
FolderEnhancer or Sprintomize 3 (forgot which one) to show 1x1 icon for folders

and a bunch of non theme related tweaks

Lockscreen I use Cataracs theme with LockGlyph for the Apple Pay fingerprint animation

I've been looking everywhere for tweaks that let you change the label colors but none of them seem to have been updated for iOS 8 yet. :(

Fitts

Hi there. I'm a new iPhone user coming from Android. Is there any way to have Hangouts import your text messages in IOS? In other words, can you have Hangouts replace your native messaging app just as you can with Android? I would rather not have to use two different apps if I don't have to.

Vyer

iPhone scrolling has always been painfully slow. It sucks when you're someone who uses both iOS and Android regularly.

I use them both and have always preferred iOS scrolling. Far easier to find spots in the middle and fine tune. Android scrolling seems just meant to compensate for no jump to top.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Apple's service is so great. They replaced my iPhone 6 Plus screen with a hairline crack for free. Unfortunately the fix broke the Touch ID so next they replaced the entire unit. All within 18 hours.

Fitts

No.
The only thing I saw was Google voice integrated with phone calls but that's for jailbroken phone

Thanks.

That's a shame. So far, switching from Android to iOS has been a give and take. But damn... now that I've had a working fingerprint sensor I don't think I could ever unlock a phone without it again.

Thanks! Its a simple setup.

Icons: Zanilla
Wallpaper: From Papers.co, forgot which page sorry
Oxygen Font
FolderEnhancer or Sprintomize 3 (forgot which one) to show 1x1 icon for folders

and a bunch of non theme related tweaks

Lockscreen I use Cataracs theme with LockGlyph for the Apple Pay fingerprint animation

I've been looking everywhere for tweaks that let you change the label colors but none of them seem to have been updated for iOS 8 yet. :(

this is via jailbreaking right? how easy is this on an iphone 6/+? is it safe?

Pastry

Banned
YouTube on my 6+ through Safari suuuuuucks. It constantly lags and stutters no matter if I'm on wifi or LTE. I never had this problem with my iPhone 5. I don't know what to do but its reaaaally frustrating and borderline unusable. It makes watching embedded videos on GAF impossible :/ I might have to switch my browser to safari and see if that helps.

Anyone else with this problem?

Vyer

YouTube on my 6+ through Safari suuuuuucks. It constantly lags and stutters no matter if I'm on wifi or LTE. I never had this problem with my iPhone 5. I don't know what to do but its reaaaally frustrating and borderline unusable. It makes watching embedded videos on GAF impossible :/ I might have to switch my browser to safari and see if that helps.

Anyone else with this problem?

I haven't noticed any issues, other than YouTube sucking sometimes no matter how I view it, but I tend to turn off embedding in Mobile GAF and the links open in the app.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

Great setup! I might try adding that widget you have. I already have Cataracts on the lockscreen, looks great. in terms of the quoted, there's a tweak called ColorFont2 that's recently been added to the bigboss repo, says it requires 7.1 or 8 so I'm assuming that'll work?

keezy

Question for T-Mobile people. I'm sick of being throttled on ATT and I'm looking to make the switch. I'd like to get their unlimited everything package but I'm not sure how purchasing a phone works. I'd like to get the iPhone 6 but would I be paying full price? It certainly looks like it.

I'm thinking about switching to sprint and getting a 6+ 128 gb. I think I remember seeing on here that the 128 had problems and they were going to change some file format or something. Has that happened or should I wait. I'm a little leery of sprint but they say it's unthrottled 50 a month and adding in the phone cost makes my plan like 8 a month more than my throttled ATT plan.

Ninja Dom

Hi there. I'm a new iPhone user coming from Android. Is there any way to have Hangouts import your text messages in IOS? In other words, can you have Hangouts replace your native messaging app just as you can with Android? I would rather not have to use two different apps if I don't have to.

You mean so that new regular texts from other people appear in the Hangouts App rather than the default Messages App??

No.

Ninja Dom

I'm thinking about switching to sprint and getting a 6+ 128 gb. I think I remember seeing on here that the 128 had problems and they were going to change some file format or something. Has that happened or should I wait. I'm a little leery of sprint but they say it's unthrottled 50 a month and adding in the phone cost makes my plan like 8 a month more than my throttled ATT plan.

It was a problem that 128GB iPhone's were having with reboots when the 128GB was almost full. I only heard of the problem being reported but never read any actual accounts of people having this happen.

Don't know if it's related but we've had 128GB iPad's for nearly 2 years and nobody ever mentioned it as a problem on those.

I have a 128GB iPhone 6 and I've used up over half of the storage and the phone works perfectly. Not sure if iOS 8.1.1 fixed anything.

Ducarmel

not sure if this is the right place to ask but I made a bonheaded mistake and did a factory reset on an iphone 4 with out backing it up.

Do I have any options to recovery it I am even willing to even chance sending it to an expert to recover it if i need too.

VoxPop

not sure if this is the right place to ask but I made a bonheaded mistake and did a factory reset on an iphone 4 with out backing it up.

Do I have any options to recovery it I am even willing to even chance sending it to an expert to recover it if i need too.

Only if you had previously manually backed it up on iTunes/iCloud or have it automated to do so.

Tokubetsu said:
Is it safe to do the 8.1.1 update?

I don't see why not. Unless you want to jailbreak, then stay on 8/8.1.

Ducarmel

Only if you had previously manually backed it up on iTunes/iCloud or have it automated to do so.

thanks for the reply

some good and bad news, my sister at least backed up contacts and pictures, but looks like we lost around 6-12 months of video clips, the last back she can remember was on an old laptop hdd, that I have not backed up yet.

Top Bottom