• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Is anyone using sprint's $50 unlimited with iPhone? Any performance thoughts?

I am. I have been with Sprint for about 5 years now and there service works well for me. I am in the Bay Area, but live is a pretty remote area and Sprint has occasional service here. At my work we have an actual Sprint cell tower on site, so I have pretty decent coverage between home and work (which is where I spend most of my time). Leasing the phone kinda sucks, but I wanted to get the iphone 6 and have a cheaper unlimited plan than the one I did before. Throughout the Bay, the service is decent, nothing spectacular, but data could be better.

Infinity

New iPhone 6 Plus owner checking in. I like this more than I thought and coming from a 5, it's a tremendous upgrade indeed.

Hey guys,

Any suggestions for a charging speaker dock that works with both iPhone 6 and 6+?

Would like to get as a present. Even better if I can get a good deal on one on Black Friday.

Rainy

Banned
has anyone been able to go into an att store or anything and pick up a 6+? or are they still out of stock and back ordered everywhere?

Link

The Autumn Wind
I had to restore my phone just now and my Touch ID has been wiped out. Does it just take some time to come back or will I have to redo all of my prints?

FerranMG

I had to restore my phone just now and my Touch ID has been wiped out. Does it just take some time to come back or will I have to redo all of my prints?

You have to do them again.
It kinda sucks.
For various reasons, I've had to do this 3 or 4 times in the last two months. :/

For the love of god someone help me! for some reason when i set up iMessage with the whole call forwarding to my laptop/ipad i keep getting two separate group texts. One on my iCloud account and now one on my regular phone number. people tell me i text them from my iCloud account all the time.

also, now all of a sudden i can't make calls using my laptop because it says i need to be signed on with the same apple ID which i am. I can receive calls but i can't make them WTF

this is pissing me off

mrkgoo

For the love of god someone help me! for some reason when i set up iMessage with the whole call forwarding to my laptop/ipad i keep getting two separate group texts. One on my iCloud account and now one on my regular phone number. people tell me i text them from my iCloud account all the time.

also, now all of a sudden i can't make calls using my laptop because it says i need to be signed on with the same apple ID which i am. I can receive calls but i can't make them WTF

this is pissing me off

Maybe related but when you send to different IDs on a phone it always splits the conversations up on your own phone. For example if I message someone via phone number ID it's a different conversation string than if I send to the same person using their email ID.

I imagine it's because it may need to parse into and should iMessage fail, but ONLY on the phone ID.

On the other end, it doesn't matter what you send to, the recipient sees it as one conversation.

When it comes to groups, I suppose it's sinilar. The group conversations are separated if the IDs are at all different.

When someone replies, it will always reply to and from the ID that it was sent to and with.

For example if you send a message to someone to their phone number ID, and they reply, it will come from their phone ID (and separate conversation). Then if you send to their email ID, they will receive it in the same conversation because it will aggregate them on THEIR end, but a reply will then come from their email ID this end up as a separate conversation on your phone.

Clear as mud.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Ok I have an iPhone 5 but whatever, my alarms don't ring in the morning anymore!

I even downloaded a different app and it won't ring either. Everything seems to be set up fine, if I preview the wake sound I hear it, but it doesn't actually end up ringing in the morning.

In fact earlier this week I woke up just before the hour it was supposed to ring at; it rang for a split second then stopped. My guess is that's what happens every morning. It's a bird chirp so it probably never was loud enough to wake me up, but it's supposed to ramp up and I am pretty sure it stopped working when I updated the OS.

Any idea what could be causing this? I'm waking up late every day now:(

ZeroX03

Banned
So my 6 Plus started great...

But now it's draining battery faster than my 5S ever did and it's corrupting songs in my MP3 collection. It's the 128GB model too so I'm afraid I could be at risk of that problem they've had. I should send it in right? I just can't go weeks without a phone though.

So my 6 Plus started great...

But now it's draining battery faster than my 5S ever did and it's corrupting songs in my MP3 collection. It's the 128GB model too so I'm afraid I could be at risk of that problem they've had. I should send it in right? I just can't go weeks without a phone though.

yeah that don't sound right

Ok I have an iPhone 5 but whatever, my alarms don't ring in the morning anymore!

I even downloaded a different app and it won't ring either. Everything seems to be set up fine, if I preview the wake sound I hear it, but it doesn't actually end up ringing in the morning.

In fact earlier this week I woke up just before the hour it was supposed to ring at; it rang for a split second then stopped. My guess is that's what happens every morning. It's a bird chirp so it probably never was loud enough to wake me up, but it's supposed to ramp up and I am pretty sure it stopped working when I updated the OS.

Any idea what could be causing this? I'm waking up late every day now:(

Did you accidentally turn on Do Not Disturb?

It's hilariously easy to turn it on and not realize it for a few days.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Did you accidentally turn on Do Not Disturb?

It's hilariously easy to turn it on and not realize it for a few days.
Do not disturb should not be silencing alarms, Just inbound notifications. I had my alarm go off during my do not disturb schedule yesterday no problem.

Ok, so I know most of the people in this thread already have an iPhone but for those who are with AT&T and are on the fence about getting one (and have a Business discount) right now the Premier AT&T store has an INSANE sale on refurbished 128GB iPhone 6 Plus for only $15 a month for 30 months on an AT&T Next plan. Keep in mind that right now, if you go through the regular website, the refurbished 128GB is going for $807 with no commitment. So what I did is I bought the phone, and I will pay off the balance next month, scoring the phone for a cool $450. And to sweeten the deal even more, they are NOT charging tax on the Premier store. And last but not least, if you took advantage of the 10-20GB data update thing, check online because they are updating the data pools for double the data allotments for the same price as the original 10GB one. So you get the 15GB (double to 30GB) for the same price as the 10GB original one. So for the tl:dr people.

tl;dr: Current AT&T Premier customer can score a refurbished 128GB i6+ for $450 net price (no tax at least in Puerto Rico) and double the data allotment if you are in the 10GB plan by updating your data plan at no extra cost.

Husker86

Ok, so I know most of the people in this thread already have an iPhone but for those who are with AT&T and are on the fence about getting one (and have a Business discount) right now the Premier AT&T store has an INSANE sale on refurbished 128GB iPhone 6 Plus for only $15 a month for 30 months on an AT&T Next plan. Keep in mind that right now, if you go through the regular website, the refurbished 128GB is going for $807 with no commitment. So what I did is I bought the phone, and I will pay off the balance next month, scoring the phone for a cool $450. And to sweeten the deal even more, they are NOT charging tax on the Premier store. And last but not least, if you took advantage of the 10-20GB data update thing, check online because they are updating the data pools for double the data allotments for the same price as the original 10GB one. So you get the 15GB (double to 30GB) for the same price as the 10GB original one. So for the tl:dr people.

tl;dr: Current AT&T Premier customer can score a refurbished 128GB i6+ for $450 net price (no tax at least in Puerto Rico) and double the data allotment if you are in the 10GB plan by updating your data plan at no extra cost.
Ummm, wow. I might get that and sell my 6.

edit: How do I get to the Premier store? I know I have access because I originally preordered my iPhone 6 from there. But the login pages I find from Googling aren't accepting my username/password.
I can't remember what link I followed during the preorder madness.

Ummm, wow. I might get that and sell my 6.

edit: How do I get to the Premier store? I know I have access because I originally preordered my iPhone 6 from there. But the login pages I find from Googling aren't accepting my username/password.
I can't remember what link I followed during the preorder madness.

What I did was I went to Shop for devices and the system detected that I was a Premier customer and automatically sent me to the Premier store. If I try to log in from the Premier website for some reason it will not let me log in. :(

Husker86

What I did was I went to Shop for devices and the system detected that I was a Premier customer and automatically sent me to the Premier store. If I try to log in from the Premier website for some reason it will not let me log in. :(

Yeah that's what just happened to me. Took me straight to Premier store.

Unfortunately the Premier store it takes me to doesn't have the refurbished options...weird.

SpyGuy239

GAF, thinking of getting a 6 plus over the 6 in the next day or so.

What's the consensus with BENDGATE? yay or nay?

I just want to get a phone and not have to worry about stupid shit like that after paying a premium price. Thanks!

GAF, thinking of getting a 6 plus over the 6 in the next day or so.

What's the consensus with BENDGATE? yay or nay?

I just want to get a phone and not have to worry about stupid shit like that after paying a premium price. Thanks!

Don't worry about bending. I've had my 6 plus in my hipster skinny jeans pockets and it's still fine (granted I have a case but still)

Yeah that's what just happened to me. Took me straight to Premier store.

Unfortunately the Premier store it takes me to doesn't have the refurbished options...weird.

The Premier store is now out of stock for the white and the Space Gray colors, only Silver is left. Also, I did order two phones and the second order already has a shipping label whereas the one that was placed first (mine!!!) does not even has a tracking number as of yet. Is this normal? :/

Edit: Mine has shipped. :D

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I just realized my iPhone 6 is bent. I usually keep it at home and don't really take it anywhere.

Really disappointed

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
You leave your phone at home?And how did it bend then?
I don't know. At first I was just leaving it at home because i was waiting for a case. The thing has been pretty much babied. At first I could feeling something was off, then I noticed it looked bent through the leather case.

I thought this only happened to the 6+?

Okay, so I just ran into a (seemingly) major issue. My iPhone 6 has randomly decided not to turn on. It was working fine all morning and I was hardly using it (I was at work), but then when I went on my coffee break it would not start at all, no matter what I did. So I decided to leave it alone and I checked back on it about 30-45 minutes later, and it still would not turn on and the phone was very warm. So now it's been about 3 hours since this has happened and the phone has cooled down slightly but it's still feels warm, so I have it sitting near a window to cool it off.

What should I do? My friend said to wait until it cools completely and then try plugging it in. But if that doesn't work, should I just return it for a new one? It's not even three months old and I take extremely good care of it, so I'm not very pleased with the current situation.

Husker86

The Premier store is now out of stock for the white and the Space Gray colors, only Silver is left. Also, I did order two phones and the second order already has a shipping label whereas the one that was placed first (mine!!!) does not even has a tracking number as of yet. Is this normal? :/

Edit: Mine has shipped. :D

Found the deal finally.

However, it won't let me use my current 10GB->20GB plan. I have to go to the 30GB plan which is not the same price.

Right now I pay $100 for 20GB and get 17% off. I'd have to switch to the 30GB which is, after my discount, ~$24 more per month ($107.90). Not sure I want to do that since the 20GB is plenty for me.

Damn...

ACESmkII

I finally upgraded from a 16gb 4s that I got at launch for a 64gb 6 plus.

It feels like I'm talking on a little TV and I'm loving it.

Any recommended apps or games that take advantage of the resolution?

Found the deal finally.

However, it won't let me use my current 10GB->20GB plan. I have to go to the 30GB plan which is not the same price.

Right now I pay $100 for 20GB and get 17% off. I'd have to switch to the 30GB which is, after my discount, ~$24 more per month ($107.90). Not sure I want to do that since the 20GB is plenty for me.

Damn...

The way I was able to do it was that I upgraded the plan in the normal AT&T page and then went back to the Premier site and did the 2x data upgrade for the 15GB. Upon checking it showed the 15GB plan and then I had a CSR verify that I was indeed on the 30GB plan for the same price.

Vyer

Okay, so I just ran into a (seemingly) major issue. My iPhone 6 has randomly decided not to turn on. It was working fine all morning and I was hardly using it (I was at work), but then when I went on my coffee break it would not start at all, no matter what I did. So I decided to leave it alone and I checked back on it about 30-45 minutes later, and it still would not turn on and the phone was very warm. So now it's been about 3 hours since this has happened and the phone has cooled down slightly but it's still feels warm, so I have it sitting near a window to cool it off.

What should I do? My friend said to wait until it cools completely and then try plugging it in. But if that doesn't work, should I just return it for a new one? It's not even three months old and I take extremely good care of it, so I'm not very pleased with the current situation.

Try the hard reboot (wake and home buttons for about ten seconds until logo comes up). If that doesn't do it take to Apple Store if you can they will probably get you a new one.

Try the hard reboot (wake and home buttons for about ten seconds until logo comes up). If that doesn't do it take to Apple Store if you can they will probably get you a new one.
It worked! Thank you so much.

But it says I'm down to 6% battery life (I full charged it last night too), so should I charge the phone now? Or turn it off completely and let it rest? (The phone still feels a bit warm.)

robox

urg... so this happened:
yz5GcLSl.jpg

looks like a bumper is too flimsy to contain the new phone's girth

thinking about this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M54LGBQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

i've been looking up n' down amazon looking for a case with a white outline to go with my black face phone. most clear cases are totally clear, or have some other colour

Just walked into the store yesterday and picked up a 128GB Plus.

The expanded space is luxurious! Had a 64GB before that was basically music now I can have even more and have pictures too

Femto.

I've been browsing for cases for a while now but I'm not sure what to get for my iPhone 6 that will arrive in a week.

I was thinking about this case, but according to the reviews the case is not durable at all, breaks within weeks of normal usage.

Any good cases out there for $20 or less?

Ninja Dom

Yeah, I hope it's nothing. This is my first phone so I was kinda freaking out a bit.

It's probably a stuck process. The phone tried doing something and couldn't get it done and kept looping trying to do what it was that it couldn't get done, throwing more power at what it wanted to get done, resulting in the battery drain and the heat.

If it keeps on working as normal then I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I've been browsing for cases for a while now but I'm not sure what to get for my iPhone 6 that will arrive in a week.

I was thinking about this case, but according to the reviews the case is not durable at all, breaks within weeks of normal usage.

Any good cases out there for $20 or less?

A lot of people here, including myself, have recommended the Ringke Fusion case. Good buttons, good price and it keeps the original look of the iPhone 6.

mollipen

Upgraded from a 5S to a 6 last night, and man, I don't know... I'm starting to regret it. I could totally manage the 5S one-handed, and I'm really starting to miss that more casual, not-totally-focused usage. Yeah, it feels small now in comparison, but I'm wondering if I was a lot happier with the size than I though I was.

That, and the 6 is just so think that it makes it a bit awkward to hold. And lord do I hate the new power button placement.

Ugh. I always have self doubt whenever I make major purchases, so now I'm feeling like an idiot.

Corgi

Banned
playing around with a friend's 6. Just feels like an odd device. Like its a bit too big for easy 1 hand use, yet its pretty small for 2 hand.

This weird middle ground I'm not a fan of.

But then i've been using the 6+ for a few months so thats probably a factor.

keezy

Just ordered my 6 Plus 64 GB version from ATT last week. The people at the ATT store said about two weeks to get the phone. Has anybody on here ordered a 64 GB version recently? What was your time frame on receiving your device?

Edit: Just cancelled my order through ATT. The phone is available at my Apple store. Ordered through them and I'm picking it up later. Can't wait!

ACESmkII

Just ordered my 6 Plus 64 GB version from ATT last week. The people at the ATT store said about two weeks to get the phone. Has anybody on here ordered a 64 GB version recently? What was your time frame on receiving your device?

Edit: Just cancelled my order through ATT. The phone is available at my Apple store. Ordered through them and I'm picking it up later. Can't wait!

I walked right into the Apple store on Saturday and stood in line for about 15min and picked up a At&t 64gb Plus in Space Gray. Weird that they are still that hard to get directly from At&t.

Top Bottom