• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Korosenai

My moms iPhone six plus just got bent today. She's not even sure how it happened, she only puts it in her purse.

What steps does she need to take to either get it fixed or replaced?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Dang its beautiful. 😳
SPUENSX.jpg

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I got the red silicon one. Daaang LTE is fast.
The 6+ needs landscape orientation lock.. and a split keyboard.

The gold is too die for. I'm really surprised how strong my feelings are towards it. I never felt that way when I saw it in the store.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah it's making me sad
The device is breathtaking though. And the portrait keyboard is ace. I'm listening to the dirtiest drum n bass just walking around aimlessly.

Corgi

Banned
is it just me or is cellular data usage under cellular in settings always 0 bytes (iphone 6+ 8.1).

it works on my iphone 5. hmmm

ecurbj

is it just me or is cellular data usage under cellular in settings always 0 bytes (iphone 6+ 8.1).

it works on my iphone 5. hmmm
I'm looking at my Cellular Settings and there are two options, Current Period or Current Period Roaming. I have 545MB under Current Period but 0 under Current Period Roaming.

Is this what your talking about?

dc89

My moms iPhone six plus just got bent today. She's not even sure how it happened, she only puts it in her purse.

What steps does she need to take to either get it fixed or replaced?

She takes it to the Apple Store altering booking a Genius Appointment online. They'll more than likely exchange it for her if there is no other sign of damage.

Sallokin

All of a sudden today I started getting an "unable to complete purchase" message in the app store. Happens on wifi and cellular and for both free and paid items. I double checked all my credit card stuff and settings and can't figure out what the heck the issue is.

Anyone else run into this before?

Has anyone been having issues with WhatsApp lately? It's been acting up buggy, choppy and few freezing issues. I'm on the iPhone 6 Plus if that matters at all.

How are high frame rate/slo-mo videos exported? I want to put them in my NLE, add effects, music, ect... but the exports are all coming out 30fps.

So what's the point of tapping future Calendar Date when it'll take you to LIST instead of the date you tapped
EDIT: nvm I have to click that square icon to return to monthly look

FerranMG

How are high frame rate/slo-mo videos exported? I want to put them in my NLE, add effects, music, ect... but the exports are all coming out 30fps.

I had to get an app called Tru Slo Mo in order to be able to export them correctly.
The slow motion videos are very cool, but it annoys the hell out of me that the final execution is so half-assed.
Apple seem to do this often.

ouchx100

Anyone else not happy with the larger size? I've had my 128gig 6 for about a week and a half now and while its a nice phone everytime I see an iPhone 4 or 5 I still wish apple would have kept the size around. Even messing with my friends 5 and my 6 at the same time had me thinking maybe I need to return mine. In fact if I could still get a 5s in 64gig or higher and get on the payment plan with unlimited everything for 50 bucks on sprint I probably would have.

I came from a 3 year old 4s with a cracked screen and broken home button ( my fault for both :( ) and after using it as an iPod after getting the 6 I miss it. Except ios8 made it basically useless... Any way to go back to ios7?

TheExodu5

Banned
Anyone else not happy with the larger size? I've had my 128gig 6 for about a week and a half now and while its a nice phone everytime I see an iPhone 4 or 5 I still wish apple would have kept the size around. Even messing with my friends 5 and my 6 at the same time had me thinking maybe I need to return mine. In fact if I could still get a 5s in 64gig or higher and get on the payment plan with unlimited everything for 50 bucks on sprint I probably would have.

I came from a 3 year old 4s with a cracked screen and broken home button ( my fault for both :( ) and after using it as an iPod after getting the 6 I miss it. Except ios8 made it basically useless... Any way to go back to ios7?

I have the 6+ and would never go smaller again.

Still, if you're not happy, return it and get the 5S. Cheaper, almost just as fast, and a form factor you prefer.

ouchx100

I have the 6+ and would never go smaller again.

Still, if you're not happy, return it and get the 5S. Cheaper, almost just as fast, and a form factor you prefer.

I would if apple didn't get rid of the 64gig 5s :/ that and with sprint I paid 70 bucks tax for the phone and my bill is only 15 bucks more a month with no contract and after 2 years when the phone is paid off I'll have unlimited everything for only 50 a month. They said that plan is only available for iPhone 6.

These first world problems man.

VoxPop

Not much difference but love having stuff like iFile, CCsettings and some other stuff back. Just need stuff like Gridlock to be updated for iOS 8 and to get around to customizing everything, theming and widgets when I have some time.

Erebus

We can swap if you want. I still have a 4s in pristine condition that runs on 7.1.2 too. ;-P

Pastry

Banned
Does anyone else have trouble with YouTube videos? They lag really bad for me and regularly pause even though they're fully loaded. This never used to happen to me with my 5 but it happens pretty consistently on my 6+ using safari.

Does anyone else have trouble with YouTube videos? They lag really bad for me and regularly pause even though they're fully loaded. This never used to happen to me with my 5 but it happens pretty consistently on my 6+ using safari.

No issues on mine, but I use the YouTube app.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Had the device lock up on me a bit today. Nothing extreme just the first time its happened.
I can already tell that it does not have enough ram.

Finally got my 6+. Had played with one quite a bit so knew I was going to love it.

Having said that, I was going between my 5S and 6+ and noticed how, and maybe this has been mentioned, the 5S screen has better blacks and saturation. I played with the screen brightness to make sure that wasn't affecting the comparison. Sure enough, the 5S looks better. What's the deal?

How does the 6 compare?

I use a bunch of wallpapers with a lot of black, like space and shit, so this is a bit disappointing.

Ninja Dom

I did a post about exporting these in the early pages of this thread so it's probably lost.

High Frame/Slow Mo are all sent from the iPhone (IMessage & email) at 30fps. Email compresses the videos much more than IMessage.

iMovie on a Mac exports the videos at their correct framerate, uncompressed.

ijm72

Netflx app has been updated for iPhone 6/6+ support. Italso supports 1080P videos on the 6+.

If only whatsapp could hurry up and update their app too :(

Had the device lock up on me a bit today. Nothing extreme just the first time its happened.
I can already tell that it does not have enough ram.

Mine does act up quite often, even with browsing and yes, it definitely lacks RAM, my pages reload more often than they should.

They should have upgraded the RAM this generation already.

kaskade

While not necessarily iPhone 6 related the Netflix app seems to work much better with the chromecast now. Nice that it's actually native res now.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Netflx app has been updated for iPhone 6/6+ support. Italso supports 1080P videos on the 6+.

If only whatsapp could hurry up and update their app too :(
Do developers have access to render 1080p video directly on the 6+ or does it upscale it to 2208 x 1242 and the back to 1080p?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Doin' the battery test today.
Didn't charge at all last night and am only just now around the 10-20% range. (forgot which was the last notification I got)

I do keep my phone in my backpack at work so it is dormant for a while. But I've also been watching all netflix and streaming video on the thing, rather than my iPad. So I figure that about evens out.

Thats basically 2 day battery life. I'll try it again a few days from now.

jackrubyn

Does anyone know why my 6 Plus keeps taking two pictures instead of one? It's not to do with HDR as it also happens if I save a pic from online etc.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Mine does act up quite often, even with browsing and yes, it definitely lacks RAM, my pages reload more often than they should.

They should have upgraded the RAM this generation already.

Its quite upsetting, but this is also my first LTE phone so the refresh times are quite nice. I'm just trying to be more mindful of what tabs I have open.. which is a lot easier with all the screen real estate. I also find myself saving my posts in the Drafts widget if I Need to venture out of the tab.. because you know that shit ain't stayin..

Almost seems like it should be an OS level feature to save text in text input boxes with the web page is lost from memory.

FerranMG

Has anyone been having issues with WhatsApp lately? It's been acting up buggy, choppy and few freezing issues. I'm on the iPhone 6 Plus if that matters at all.

WhatsApp have the shitties update policy ever.
They have an enormous user base, they are owned by Facebook, and they must have loads of cash.
Despite all that, they are always late in updating the app, and have have bugs with new iOS features.

The non-stock keyboards work like shit.
And it's not updated for iPhone 6 and 6+, IIRC.

I really hate the app, but can't stop using it because it's what 99% of my contacts use.

I'm sure some of you know but Swype is currently free on app store. This keyboard is amazing.

Posted using Swype motherfuckers

I tried Swype too, and I found I like it better than SwiftKey.
Still, I use Fleksy the most.
It's an amzing keyboard, and it also has Catalan support.
Can't recommend it enough.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Holy fuck! My iPhone 6 Plus just got a single giant crack accross the screen in front of my bare eyes, while laying on the table, I didn't even touch it!!! The crack is inside the glass, the surface is completely smooth.

Am I SOL - anybody seen something like this before?

DarkJC

Sounds like there was already a flaw in the glass from manufacturing. Explain what happened at the genius bar -- if the crack really is under the surface like you say they'll definitely replace it.

Its quite upsetting, but this is also my first LTE phone so the refresh times are quite nice. I'm just trying to be more mindful of what tabs I have open.. which is a lot easier with all the screen real estate. I also find myself saving my posts in the Drafts widget if I Need to venture out of the tab.. because you know that shit ain't stayin..

Almost seems like it should be an OS level feature to save text in text input boxes with the web page is lost from memory.

If you don't mind me asking, what drafts app do you use that provides a notification widget?

Top Bottom