• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Gigglepoo

I just ordered an iPhone 6. It's my first Apple product, so it's going to be a big transition. I have one quick question. I have a bunch of mini USB chargers (in my car and house) for my Android phone and want to convert those so I can charge my iPhone 6 instead. Are there any adaptors out there I should get?

I saw this on Amazon but I just wanted to check with people who know before buying a couple.

http://www.amazon.com/Onedayshop%C2%AE-Charging-Adapter-Converter-support/dp/B00N0JXN02/

Thanks!

EDIT -- Here's another one. http://www.amazon.com/TOMOON%C2%AE-Mutiple-Charger-Adapter-Transfer/dp/B00MN5RCW4/

EDIT 2 -- And this http://www.amazon.com/Hybrid-Lightning-Adapter-Samsung-retractable/dp/B00O801IF4

So many options, so few reviews.

DarkJC

For reference: this is this official Apple adapter: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BREKQS4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Of course, that price for the adapter is a ripoff, you could buy a new lightning cable for that.

The first adapter you posted looks like they're using the same images as the official Apple one, and it's way cheaper. So either they're reselling the Apple ones for substantially cheaper, or it will be a knockoff that won't be exactly like the pictures.

I wouldn't even consider the Tomoon one you edited in since it's so bulky.

Gigglepoo

For reference: this is this official Apple adapter: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BREKQS4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Of course, that price for the adapter is a ripoff, you could buy a new lightning cable for that.

The first adapter you posted looks like they're using the same images as the official Apple one, and it's way cheaper. So either they're reselling the Apple ones for substantially cheaper, or it will be a knockoff that won't be exactly like the pictures.

I wouldn't even consider the Tomoon one you edited in since it's so bulky.

Thanks for the help. I figure that Amazon will refund my order if they don't work properly. I also nabbed this case based on GAF recommendation.

I figure I'll be posting in this thread a great deal since I'm new to this whole Apple thing. Should be fun! At least it'll be a massive upgrade over my dying Galaxy S.

mrkgoo

Upgraded from a 5S to a 6 last night, and man, I don't know... I'm starting to regret it. I could totally manage the 5S one-handed, and I'm really starting to miss that more casual, not-totally-focused usage. Yeah, it feels small now in comparison, but I'm wondering if I was a lot happier with the size than I though I was.

That, and the 6 is just so think that it makes it a bit awkward to hold. And lord do I hate the new power button placement.

Ugh. I always have self doubt whenever I make major purchases, so now I'm feeling like an idiot.

Yeah I like the iPhone 6 siE as a device you actually sit down and focus on, but I also really appreciate the size of the iPhone 5 as a "as you say it) non-focussed use, where you just whip it out to glance at something or fire off a quick message.

I'm not upgrading until my phone is unusable, so it's ok for now, but I do wonder if there's a future for the smaller form factor.

It would so awesome to me if next year they make a 6C or something. In sure is get used tot hebsiE but I don't like a lot about the 6. I love the 5, and I always liked the 5C. The 5S has issues on ios8 I hear.

Bah.

Pastry

Banned
Is it a known bug that there are problems with screen rotation? Apps are frequently locking into the wrong rotation and not switching so I have to restart them.

Is it a known bug that there are problems with screen rotation? Apps are frequently locking into the wrong rotation and not switching so I have to restart them.

the latest update has made my 6+ much buggier. Sometimes, half of my lock screen doesnt show up, the ability to flick the control panel up from the bottom of the screen works whenever it wants, safari seems to crash more often, and there are probably a couple of other issues that i have that i cant think of right now.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't really used another computer since I got my 6plus. I have checked gaf a bit on my gaming pc and I have my 4s hooked up to a crt for cartoons but I'm living the one device life and it's incredible.

ZeroX03

Banned
My 6 Plus is corrupting even more songs and is now giving phantom "This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably" messages. Time to send it in. I really can't go without a phone for weeks though.

Blackhead

Redarse
My 6 Plus is corrupting even more songs and is now giving phantom "This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably" messages. Time to send it in. I really can't go without a phone for weeks though.

Walk over to an Apple Store and it should be a quick swap

Gigglepoo

Another question!

I'm looking for a podcast app. I want one that automatically places anything I download into an easily sorted playlist, and deletes it when I finish. Also, if I could put MP3s in it as well (some podcasts I have to download manually) that would be perfect.

The Apple app seems functional but I'm sure there are better ones out there.

Blackhead

Redarse
Another question!

I'm looking for a podcast app. I want one that automatically places anything I download into an easily sorted playlist, and deletes it when I finish. Also, if I could put MP3s in it as well (some podcasts I have to download manually) that would be perfect.

What do you mean by: "some podcasts i have to download manually"? No rss feeds?!

Better ones usually recommended are pocket casts, castro, instacast, downcast and overcast.

Husker86

Another question!

Pocket Casts is awesome.

I was @ the gym today. Put my iPhone on the weight machine. totally forgot it was there. moved a little and iPhone 6+ was bent. Screen crack and couldn't answer phone or full restore it.
I was SOL. I drove to the nearest Apple store and got the last appointment for the day. Right when I got to the Genius Bar. I said right away "How screwed am I?" then turned on my iPhone. guy laughed. He did a Q/A on his iPad. He put it as sat on the couch and bent. I was able to get a new 6+. wheeeew

ecurbj

I was @ the gym today. Put my iPhone on the weight machine. totally forgot it was there. moved a little and iPhone 6+ was bent. Screen crack and couldn't answer phone or full restore it.
I was SOL. I drove to the nearest Apple store and got the last appointment for the day. Right when I got to the Genius Bar. I said right away "How screwed am I?" then turned on my iPhone. guy laughed. He did a Q/A on his iPad. He put it as sat on the couch and bent. I was able to get a new 6+. wheeeew
Was your new iPhone in a regular retail box with the headphones, power cord, etc. Or did it come in a white box without the stuff?

I'm wondering if they are giving returbs out yet.

arab

I think allot of people who complain about the size of seen iPhone 6 vs 5 aren't using reachability. If you do it, you can use one handed reliably

Drpunch

Neo Member
iPhone 6 Plus finally shipped! Can't wait to finally get rid of this POS Note 3. It's gonna take a week and a bit to get here though. So close but so far away. :(

So my iPhone 6 Plus' button seems to make this weird clicking noise when I lightly graze it, not all the way down, just lightly touching it causes it to click.

Its not all the time, sometimes at work, others at home.

Will probably look to book an appointment in the new year.

I dont want the button failing completely.

Blackhead

Redarse
I think allot of people who complain about the size of seen iPhone 6 vs 5 aren't using reachability. If you do it, you can use one handed reliably

reachability doesn't help with typing in particular, nor games for that matter, which ironically are the most demanding activities to do one handed on a phone.

Tarkus

Just got my space grey 6 plus! Put this case on it and oh my...it's gorgeous! Case is metal on the outer edges with a rubber lip protecting the front surface. The textured back surface helps me one hand the phone. It's really not that big.

DarkJC

Hey guys, which model of iPhone 6 should I get in US for use with the major Canadian retailers?

The GSM model since none of our carriers use CDMA anymore, but if you got a CDMA model it would work fine -- the frequency support is identical on both models.

Just make sure it's unlocked.

edit: for specific model numbers, you want Model A1549 for iPhone 6, or Model A1522 for iPhone 6 Plus

source: http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

ecurbj

The GSM model since none of our carriers use CDMA anymore, but if you got a CDMA model it would work fine -- the frequency support is identical on both models.

Just make sure it's unlocked.
The CDMA model should be unlocked factory by default. I could be wrong but Verizon's is unlocked.

Pastry

Banned
I was waiting for a Lifeproof 6+ case but they're nowhere In sight. What recommendations are there for rugged 6+ cases?

Addnan

Anyone have issues with do not disturb? Have it on, left it on desk and phone starts vibrating with a call. Happens more often than not.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I completely adore the 6+ but it is by far the most niche and least well supported iOS configuration and that truth is really sinking in.

I completely adore the 6+ but it is by far the most niche and least well supported iOS configuration and that truth is really sinking in.

I have youtube videos freezing and unable to close the video, i have issues with safari crashing. 6+ why you not A player

Gigglepoo

What's the best way to download MP3s directly to an iPhone 6? A Google search pointed me in the direction of Amazon Music (where I usually purchase music anyway), but for some reason it doesn't register the podcast that I'm trying to put on my device. Is there a work around that I'm missing? Plus, the Music app can't even read non-iTunes songs (apparently) which is just baffling. I just want to listen to old episodes of Filmspotting!

Anyone have experience with getting a certified like-new device from AT&T?

Their website claims that these devices were ones returned within the 14 day return window they offer for all upgrades.

The price is cheap enough that I'm considering getting one vs a brand new one, but I'm not sure what sort of risk I'm putting myself into getting one.

robotrock

Banned
Just ordered a 6 and a 6 Plus from AT&T. The 6 got shipped out today, but the 6 Plus is still at "preparing to ship" with an estimated delivery of 12/16-12/26. Any chance it's going to come earlier than that?

Anyone have experience with getting a certified like-new device from AT&T?

Their website claims that these devices were ones returned within the 14 day return window they offer for all upgrades.

The price is cheap enough that I'm considering getting one vs a brand new one, but I'm not sure what sort of risk I'm putting myself into getting one.

I just bought two iPhone 6 Plus 128GB for $449 each certified like new, they were basically new units with no signs of use whatsoever.

Tarkus

Just ordered a 6 and a 6 Plus from AT&T. The 6 got shipped out today, but the 6 Plus is still at "preparing to ship" with an estimated delivery of 12/16-12/26. Any chance it's going to come earlier than that?
Yes. My plus was to be shipped at the earliest on 12/9, but I got mine on 12/5. It was ordered on 11/29.

Just a little over a week until I'm able to upgrade to the 6 from the 4! Random question though, if the local Verizon store doesn't have any in stock (I'm just looking for a 64gig/space gray) could I be able to pick it up at the Apple Store nearby for the same price as it would if I just upgraded my device at Verizon?

Top Bottom