• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

JLG-

Just got an iPhone 6 switched over from a nexus 4 loving it so far. Quick question though is there a way to transfer my text messages from my nexus to the iphone?

DarkJC

Just got an iPhone 6 switched over from a nexus 4 loving it so far. Quick question though is there a way to transfer my text messages from my nexus to the iphone?

No, there isn't. Best you can do is export them somehow from your nexus and save them somewhere if you like keeping them around for history's sake.

Blackhead

Redarse
My 6 plus is stuck in headphone mode. Any way to fix this or do I need to make a trip to Apple store?

check for lint with a tiny flashlight first.

yes, a couple of options, especially if you jailbreak the iphone. I often use backuptrans. pricey like many mac apps but can also transfer whatsapp messages too

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Gah, I'm certain my touchID sensor is faulty. Its just so frustrating because it works half the time. Like, I can sit there and get it to work but in every day usage it fails more often than it works without a doubt.

Tarkus

Gah, I'm certain my touchID sensor is faulty. Its just so frustrating because it works half the time. Like, I can sit there and get it to work but in every day usage it fails more often than it works without a doubt.
The least bit of sweat or moisture on the thumb seems to fuck it up royally.

My first iPhone 6 Plus was like this no matter what.

My second unlocks if the same gust of wind caresses both my finger and the phone.

Unfortunately, my second Plus's home button clicks weird, but I can't be assed to replace it.

Shizuka

Does anybody know of a good free app to write down notes from college? It can be for either iPhone or iPad, since I just bought a bluetooth keyboard for them.

tr4656

Have you tried overtraining the TouchID?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
sxEFFto.jpg
Got my 4s all updated! Still in daily use! It's amzing how much I use it in tandem with my 6+ actually.. Mostly because I have it plugged into a CRT for 90s Netflix watching.

Majine

Banned
Just got a 6. It's great, but the one thing I don't like is the volume buttons. They require too much force, more so than my last iPhone, the 4S. Anyone else feel the same?

tr4656

Just got a 6. It's great, but the one thing I don't like is the volume buttons. They require too much force, more so than my last iPhone, the 4S. Anyone else feel the same?

Like them better like this. It's less prone to accidental volume toggles.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I could just be imagining this.. But if I remove my finger from the touch Id sensor it seems to work better. I've been holding my finger there until it unlocks.. But I find if I let it scan for a 1/3 second and then remove it seems to be more accurate.

Interesting.

styl3s

Anyone know a good reliable and reasonably priced custom case site for iphone 6? Wanted to get a spider-man case hopefully before my iphone arrives in the mail.

LaneDS

Looking for an arm band recommendation... anyone like a particular brand or brands for their iPhone 6? Would be working out and running with it on, and my phone is normally not in any kind of case.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Looking for an arm band recommendation... anyone like a particular brand or brands for their iPhone 6? Would be working out and running with it on, and my phone is normally not in any kind of case.

I don't have this particular item, but you can check out SPIGEN's iPhone 6 Armband.

Nori Chan

Yup that's been happening as of late for me

tr4656

Outlook for iOS is a really good email client. Not sure if it'll replace Dispatch on iPhone but its definitely my favorite client on iPad.

Man, there are still a lot of unoptimised apps that look gross. A lot of high profile ones too.

Yeah, it's very annoying.

Outlook for iOS is a really good email client. Not sure if it'll replace Dispatch on iPhone but its definitely my favorite client on iPad.

Yeah, it's very annoying.

Does it have push notifications for Gmail, or do you have to wait every 15 minutes for it to fetch email from Gmail like the stock Mail.app?

wingwah

Banned
Just got a 64GB iPhone 6 Plus in Space Gray. Phenomenal phone all around, but why the hell can't I use touch gestures like the iPad? Also many of the apps are low res/zoomed in. Great device, though.

DarkJC

Just got a 64GB iPhone 6 Plus in Space Gray. Phenomenal phone all around, but why the hell can't I use touch gestures like the iPad? Also many of the apps are low res/zoomed in. Great device, though.

If you mean the 4 finger pinch and swipe, it's because doing that on the iPhone size screen would be a little cumbersome.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Got a gold iPhone 6 Plus yesterday and I can't help but appreciate the beauty and elegance of its design. Only other smartphone I've owned is the Galaxy S3, and that always felt a little cheap to me.

I have no affinity to Apple or its products, but I'm really enjoying the OS. It's super sleek and just works well.

Very happy with my upgrade. Also ordered the Ringke Fusion case and this ballistic/tempered glass screen protector, which will be arriving tomorrow thankfully.

Silentium

homescreen post
I love home screen sharing - helps discover new apps/etc.

Here's mine

I've been trying the new Outlook app from MS, pretty decent. Works well with different mail accounts (have a Gmail and iCloud account loaded) and integrates nicely with calendar and online storage accounts. My only criticism is that the interface is a little busy.

I'm looking forward to being able to replace Alien Blue with something else. I've come across to an iPhone 6 after having had a Nexus 4 and I have to say that the Reddit apps for Android (Reddit Sync, Reddit News etc) are far, far superior to Alien Blue. Thankfully, it looks like iamthatis on the Apple subreddit may come to rescue with Apollo.

I also wish that all websites would implement proper webapp favicons :( low resolution icons look crazy bad compared with the properly implemented favicons and native apps

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
It took me so long to retrain myself to access calculator and clock.app from control center rather than through springboard.

Not trying to harsh your arrangement but you could free up two spots! :p

Tarkus

6 plus:
The only problems I have are that Safari crashes all the time having to reload a page and sometimes the YouTube player won't exit forcing me to quit the Safari app. Oh and my typing sucks now.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
typing on the iPhone6+ =

everything.has.a.period.instead.of.a.space

Juice

That happens to me on the 6 but only with the combined URL/Search keyboard in Safari.

Exactly for the reason I argued in 2011 that apple wouldn't conbine the safari address bar and search fields: the soft keyboard would turn to shit

Tarkus

I can't use the stock keyboard at all. SwiftKey fixed the period issues for me but it has its own issues too. Like only working in one active app at a time. If your thumb is the least bit moist, forget about swiping to type.

tr4656

I can't use the stock keyboard at all. SwiftKey fixed the period issues for me but it has its own issues too. Like only working in one active app at a time. If your thumb is the least bit moist, forget about swiping to type.
Why can't you use the stock keyboard?
I love home screen sharing - helps discover new apps/etc.

Here's mine

I've been trying the new Outlook app from MS, pretty decent. Works well with different mail accounts (have a Gmail and iCloud account loaded) and integrates nicely with calendar and online storage accounts. My only criticism is that the interface is a little busy.

I'm looking forward to being able to replace Alien Blue with something else. I've come across to an iPhone 6 after having had a Nexus 4 and I have to say that the Reddit apps for Android (Reddit Sync, Reddit News etc) are far, far superior to Alien Blue. Thankfully, it looks like iamthatis on the Apple subreddit may come to rescue with Apollo.

I also wish that all websites would implement proper webapp favicons :( low resolution icons look crazy bad compared with the properly implemented favicons and native apps
I'll join in too I guess.

As for web favicons, if you want to be paranoid about it, you have to create 10+ image sizes to cover every size. I do something close to 18. It's not that much extra work (especially if you use something like sketch) but most people only do a few general sizes which is why it doesn't always look perfect.

Nori Chan

Is there any way of converting pictures to PDF files on the iPhone, without the need of a PC?

Try Scannable it's a scanning app. The icon is a butterfly. It's perfect for taking pictures of documents and converting them to PDF. I myself haven't tried it yet, but tell me how it goes, I heard about it on an app recommendation video.

Gustav

Banned
Just got my iPhone 6 plus. God damn, it's way too big to comfortably hold. But when I use my old 5s I can only laugh at how ridiculously tiny it feels. How did I read anything on that thing?

Top Bottom