• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Got mine ordered through the Apple Store app on iPad. 64 gb iPhone 6 Plus AT&T for store pick up. I want it delivered but it said 7-10 days while it was available on launch day for store pick up.

SuperPac

Managed to finally get the iPhone 6 / 64GB / Space Gray / AT&T model I wanted. On the Apple Store app it kept saying it was unavailable and never gave me a continue button or anything. Moved to the iPad version - eventually I was able to load the store and somehow it breezed me on through, no problems.

Can't believe the store.apple.com site still isn't up more than an hour later. :\

DarkWish

Apple Store app refused to show the continue button for me. So I decided to order directly through AT&T... got the 6 Plus Space Gray 64 GB. Got an order confirmation but when I look it up, it can't find the order. No confirmation email either.

When I ordered, it was probably at like 3:50 am eastern. No details on when it would arrive so now I'm fearing the worst. Am I screwed out of getting it on the 19th?

Juice

Apple Store app refused to show the continue button for me. So I decided to order directly through AT&T... got the 6 Plus Space Gray 64 GB. Got an order confirmation but when I look it up, it can't find the order. No confirmation email either.

When I ordered, it was probably at like 3:50 am eastern. No details on when it would arrive so now I'm fearing the worst. Am I screwed out of getting it on the 19th?

Nobody knows. Go have a drink and get some sleep.

Anno

Hmmm, I breezed on through upgrading through AT&T but I can't tell if it actually worked. Can't find my order and no confirmation email, though they did bill my debit card $1.00. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Diagol

Got it! Canadian here, through the app. The Add to Cart button finally showed up.

iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Space Grey, Unlocked. Delivers Sept. 19. Got my confirmation email.

Finally got through on Verizon on our business account. I was trying to do an upgrade and I'd get so far through the process and the whole site would crash and I'd have to start over again. Got the Space Gray 64GB iPhone 6 on order, though it ended up taking over an hour to do it.

MCasey

The Apple Store app worked after closing it and going back in. 64gb iPhone 6 on AT&T. Kept my original unlimited data/200 text plan.
Oh man, should have gotten the 6+? Is 64gb overkill especially since you can now buy 25 gb of iCloud storage for $1 a month? Only thing I am 100% certain on is liking the space grey the most.
At least there is a return policy if in case I see all you guys/gals enjoying the 6+.

Guess Who

Banned
I can get to the last page of checkout at Verizon (using Verizon Edge) and it tells me "Early upgrade not available" or some shit. I don't know why. I actually got further than that on my iPhone trying to order, but their shitty broken website wouldn't let me check the box to agree to the Edge terms even after I scrolled all the way down.

Fuck Verizon.

skip

same boat via AT&T -- my confirmation page didn't actually show an expected ship date, I think everything is just full of errors at the moment. no email yet, but temp auth on my credit card.

Rayme

Using the app in California, I sometimes can get a Continue option by choosing 16gig phones, but no 64 or 128 yet. =\

Does just clicking on the buttons over and over eventually work? Or do I need to force-quit and start from the beginning every time?

kneePat

Sorry guys, it's been on the whole a very disappointing launch. But this is how this shit goes, I can say definitively every 2 years (for the last 3 launches -3G/4/5), when Apple launches a refreshed version of their phone... 1.people go apeshit 2. Apple can't keep up...or 3.a volatile mixture of both. Remarkably this is the only cellular device I've ever encountered that really does this to this day and age, and absolutely not to Apple's credit... IMO It Is quite unfortunate for the most loyal customer base any company has...but objectively, when has a Samsung galaxy note s7 mark ii ever done this... or even an iPad Air Super 32GB? The answer really is 'NEVER'. The iPhone is different.

It sucks they haven't figured out that every 2 years, on this refresh cycle, people are upgrading their hardware as well as their user experience and they can never seem to cope with the demand. It's almost more convenient to be on the S line of upgrades, at that point the product has all its manufacturing kinks worked out AND mass production isn't an issue AND quality control is a focal point... so whilst you don't get the revolutionary hardware upgrades you certainly get the reliability upgrades that are for sure desirable in retrospect when you realize after a year, clearly, your device is not what it could be.

Couleurs

For the people who have delivery dates after 9/19 - don't worry too much about it yet. This happens every year and a bunch of people get bumped to launch day delivery as stock accumulates.

Considering everyone here is ordering in the first hour or two, before the rest of the country is even awake to preorder, I'd bet you'll get bumped up.

FINALLY the gold 64 gb for ATT became available (or the "add to cart" option became selectable) on the iphone App Store app. Managed to order it, on the att next plan which is fine because I'll either pay it off next month or might give it a chance to see if I want to trade it in next year.

Confirmation email says delivers 9/19. So happy.

NIGHT-

I have no idea if my order went through or not. I doubt it did, I never got an option to change my plan or anything. I can't get either site to work correctly =[

I ordered a Plus through AT&T but is 14-21 business days routine? I'm assuming yes because Google search reveals people asking the exact same question for the iPhone 5 and other older models. I normally just buy it from Best Buy. I'm thinking I'm going to try and get one pre-ordered from Best Buy or Apple Store and if they can deliver day 1 or at least within a week, I'll cancel this order.

Also, for those that got theirs from AT&T, it said that it won't charge you until it ships but it will 'hold' that amount of money on your card so it can't be used for anything else.

Soybean

Man did this suck. It eventually worked out, but having to deal with Verizon's ECPD bullshit and the Apple Store app's false "unavailable" status was terrible. Still, after lots of retrying I got the 6 64GB space gray I wanted for delivery on the 19th. Phew.

nikos

Has anyone who ordered for in-store pickup and used a debit card been charged? I got a confirmation email instantly but still no charge. Everyone I'm asking seems to have been charged, but I'm not sure if they used in-store pickup.

Taigor

Neo Member
I couldn't get though on my phone, so I tried a family member's iPad. I was finally able to see the "Check Availability" link for store pickup for the 128GB 6 that I wanted. After reloading several times, it showed my local store as available for pickup. After selecting my store and entering my Verizon account details, I received a popup with a confirmation number saying that my order is confirmed but that the carrier system is down. It says I will receive an email to complete my order and will have 24 hours to do so before my reservation is cancelled. Anyone else see this yet?

Finally went through via the app. Looked like the only phone available was the gold 64gb plus (wanted the space grey). Then I couldn't figure out how to change my shipping address to my work....

Is that an ATT thing, not being able to change your shipping? I wonder if I can update where to deliver it when it actually ships. Ugh, I didn't want to request a day off on the 19th.

...at least I kept my unlimited data. Tiny blessings.

Awesome. Was able to get home an hour late and get one through AT&T website for delivery on Sep.19. Pretty stoked right now.

Where does it tell you that date? It says 14-21 Business days for me. Said it on the site and also in the confirmation email without providing an actual date.

KevinG

So the order I accidentally placed for the 16GB 6 on AT&Ts website is saying "action required." When I called they said it was a card issue, which is good because I want to cancel it.

I managed to get a space gray 64GB 6Plus on the Apple Store App, and that order looks fine. That was the goal.

andymcc

Banned
Finally went through via the app. Looked like the only phone available was the gold 64gb plus (wanted the space grey). Then I couldn't figure out how to change my shipping address to my work....

Is that an ATT thing, not being able to change your shipping? I wonder if I can update where to deliver it when it actually ships. Ugh, I didn't want to request a day off on the 19th.

they can only ship to the billing address on the account per law iirc correctly. believe it or not, i'm pretty sure it is due to patriot act shit.

Juice

Right, AT&T requires the phone be shipped to the account holder so that their subsidy dollars don't get released and it turns out that someone fraudulently placed the order and sent someone else's upgrade to themselves.

Fletcher

Where does it tell you that date? It says 14-21 Business days for me. Said it on the site and also in the confirmation email without providing an actual date.

On the actual item page it said "deliver on sept.19"

16GB iPhone 6

edit:actually it shows on my order confirmation page, too.

pcUtubn.jpg

KevinG

AT&T won't allow shipping address changes.

Top Bottom