• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

DOWN

Banned
I have a question to those who used the AT&T next plan.

Why is there an extra 40 dollar charge monthly for the 6 plus? They charge the 31 dollars for 16GB but then they add on another 40 dollar charge for adding to family plan?

I didn't have that but I also don't get the plans much. I fear I may be having a long talk with support tomorrow and figuring out if the plan I got is that plan I want to keep. I sure hope that if I need a plan change, it's just handled on ATT's end and they don't make me do some crazy return/rebuy for the same phone.

Sobriquet

So the order I accidentally placed for the 16GB 6 on AT&Ts website is saying "action required." When I called they said it was a card issue, which is good because I want to cancel it.

I managed to get a space gray 64GB 6Plus on the Apple Store App, and that order looks fine. That was the goal.

How did you call AT&T? :/

Crimmy

Anyone get usa apple to work yet? site, not app.

Been trying for two hours now. I got thru to ATT but I got a 6 plus and I don't trust I will have it next week so I'm trying my luck with buying another one off contract, and just selling the other one when it comes in oct

kneePat

Anyone get usa apple to work yet? site, not app.

It's really been so poor, I don't know what to say at this point. I really can't defend Apple and their obtuse policies, knowing what I know now.

Furthermore, it would annoy me if the Apple store were to all of sudden work at a very strange hour in the near future and all of us who ordered through other means would have to wait longer for doing so. At this point I have no idea what they could possibly be thinking.

Dominator

side note, it sucks being second fiddle on the account.
Verizon wouldn't let me put my name in the billing account area, so i had to make my gf charge it to her card. I mean it works out, but is totally ridiculous
The account I upgraded wasn't the main but I had access to the main (obviously). I was able to use the name as the billing address but used my own card (with a different name) to make the purchase. Hopefully thats not my issue but I did get a confirmation code.

Rayme

Using the app on iPad, finally got 128gb black option to show, hit continue... they can't reach AT&T, so I got a reservation #.

...is that reliable? Anyone know how "safe" I am now?

Worried that I don't really have a #, hahah.

I got a reservation number and a message telling me to visit buyiphone.apple.com/status for more info. They're supposed to email me within 24 hours for me to compete my order due to carrier authentication being down. Anyone else?

An-Det

The Apple Store app still doesn't work for me and I'm still getting the ECPD error on Verizon's page on my desktop (in Firefox and Chrome), so I tried using the browser (rather than the app) on my ipad and was able to successfully navigate the store and order a 64 gb 6. I've got my confirmation number but no email yet. This whole thing has been a mess, but at least the deed is finally done.

lexi

Banned
All 6 Plus models are sold out through my carrier. I never even got to the page as the initial pages were stuck in an infinite loop, but others managed to get in and get their shit.

#firstworldproblems

Using the app on iPad, finally got 128gb black option to show, hit continue... they can't reach AT&T, so I got a reservation #.

...is that reliable? Anyone know how "safe" I am now?

Worried that I don't really have a #, hahah.
Hah, what up reservation bro! I say it's safe enough... and I have to be at work in a few hours. Sigh.

Fafnir

I got a reservation number and a message telling me to visit buyiphone.apple.com/status for more info. They're supposed to email me within 24 hours for me to compete my order due to carrier authentication being down. Anyone else?

Yeah I got that using the iPad store app.

Septimus

Lol I wonder what Apple is gonna do tomorrow when they turn on their websites. "Umm sorry they were all sold last night while our site was broken ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "

KevinG

So the order I accidentally placed for the 16GB 6 on AT&Ts website is saying "action required." When I called they said it was a card issue, which is good because I want to cancel it.

I managed to get a space gray 64GB 6Plus on the Apple Store App, and that order looks fine. That was the goal.

Apple is waiting for payment on mine and my mother in law's phones. All the card and billing information was correct. Hopefully they won't cancel the orders.

Edit: Does anyone know how long Apple will keep the order? I have the money, not sure what the issue is.

Dominator

nice, this was a good way to serve as a double order confirmation.
Thanks

same for everyone, try the above, it wont let me upgrade my old phone and tells me to wait until i activate my new one
Ah, that worked. I have 4 phones on my line and it won't let me change anyone because I've made a purchase and can't change yet. Thank god, and thank you both lol

GeeDuhb

Are Apple's ATT activation servers completely down? I have a phone on 3 ios devices trying to enter my info and it keeps timing out...

808life

Banned
So i originally ordered the 64gb space grey plus off the AT&T website, did"nt like the 14-21 business days shipping date. Was able to get through on the apple app for sept 19 delivery an hour later. Ordered it, and went to submit cancellation on the AT&T website. Now I'm worried both my orders will end up getting canceled : \ I will call AT*T in the morning.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
This is crazy

FFlDIK9.jpg

Happens every year.

Hasney

Anyone know what time Three are doing pre-orders? Mostly curious about on-contract prices more than owt. Just says this afternoon at the moment.

I didn't have that but I also don't get the plans much. I fear I may be having a long talk with support tomorrow and figuring out if the plan I got is that plan I want to keep. I sure hope that if I need a plan change, it's just handled on ATT's end and they don't make me do some crazy return/rebuy for the same phone.

Are you in a family plan though?

seantos

Neo Member
I finally get one to show up as add to cart and its the silver phone and i want space grey. FML. I was just pressing random options to see if anything worked. I don't want the white face though. Back at it I guess.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
The 6+ has to downscale a 3x retina res, the 6 doesn't have to do that because it maintains the 2x retina res PPI, just more pixels.

Yes that might impact performance. I don't like the fact that iOS and the Apps that run on it are going to be rendered at a higher res and down sampled on the 6+. That's actually a big knock against it IMO.
I see no problem with this. I have a 15" Retina MBP and I run it at 1920x1200. That's higher than the display resolution. The OS is drawing that at 4K res and downscaling it and I don't notice a single thing in the UI. And neither will you on the 6+. Unless there's some lag in the UI there won't be a single problem. (We'll find out about the lag once people start getting them in their hands and really putting them to use.)

I just got a reservation number

Way to go AT&T, how many years has it been and you STILL manage to fuck this up?

Hope this means I'll be able to pick mine up in-store next Friday >:\

Top Bottom