• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

JABEE

October 1st-October 7th Space Gray iPhone 6 Plus through the Apple Store App. Have been refreshing since 11:00PM EST. Stuck with a delayed shipment. Really sucks.

Arlen777

I couldn't get though on my phone, so I tried a family member's iPad. I was finally able to see the "Check Availability" link for store pickup for the 128GB 6 that I wanted. After reloading several times, it showed my local store as available for pickup. After selecting my store and entering my Verizon account details, I received a popup with a confirmation number saying that my order is confirmed but that the carrier system is down. It says I will receive an email to complete my order and will have 24 hours to do so before my reservation is cancelled. Anyone else see this yet?

My 6 128gb went though fine and got email confirmation. 6 16gb for ex-wife got "sorry bla-bla-bla" message and gave me "reservation" number to complete within 24-hours. I think thats because Att got trumped, so apple cant check your plan

On the actual item page it said "deliver on sept.19"

16GB iPhone 6

Hmm well I got a 64GB 6+ so maybe they have a greater supply of your model. Hopefully it comes around launch and they just need to allocate their quantity before they can provide a precise date.

i got around it by going into my account, and clicking on my line, and selected that i wanted to upgrade it from there rather than doing the "preorder an iphone6" on the homescreen option

Man I've done that like 10 times and always get the error eventually. I needed your luck.

I'm not understanding how your guys in Canada ordered the iPhone 6+ after me and are getting delivery dates of 9/19 while I have to wait until October.

lustrate

If anyone ordered a 64gb 6+ through Verizon, please post if you get a confirmation email.

Also if you ordered that model, what was the estimated delivery date? Mine said 10/4 when I ordered but the site still says 9/19 so I'm confused.

How long did it take for your email? I've yet to receive any confirmation and I placed my order right at midnight. However, I tried to reorder and it said there was a "pending order", so I'm crossing my fingers.

JABEE

I'm not understanding how your guys in Canada ordered the iPhone 6+ after me and are getting delivery dates of 9/19 while I have to wait until October.

Same here. After hours of refreshing the app and web page, I was only able to get through and order 30 minutes ago. I was stuck with an October delivery date. I hope they move it up.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Confirmed you can keep your current ATT plan if you order through Apple Store.

Got mine ordered. Now when I try to do my wife's the apple store can't connect to ATT to verify her info. fun.

kneePat

I'm so glad it finally came through and I got to keep my unlimited data

LnqzNLJ.png

I'm definitely going to fight those bullshit 'activation charges'(upgrade fees) like I have done so successfully the last two upgrades. I recommend you guys to do the same, particularly if you've always been a customer who pays their bill on time and even if not it is still worth a try because it is still, ultimately, preposterous.

Me and my girlfriend set an alarm for this... what a disappointment. It took forty minutes to get onto the website. My order went through normally but my girlfriend's order was declined by her bank due to a 'fraud attempt'. We've sorted it all out now, though her phone is going to arrive sometime in October :/

Dominator

How long did it take for your email? I've yet to receive any confirmation and I placed my order right at midnight. However, I tried to reorder and it said there was a "pending order", so I'm crossing my fingers.
I've yet to get my email, which is why I wanted others to post if they got theirs lol. Hopefully soon for everyone who ordered. I got in around 10 minutes after it was up.

jetsetrez

This is really annoying. I bet Apple's desktop site isn't up because of something to do with T-Mobile's end. On the app you can't order T-mobile, and everyone else is up.. :/

ayeorkean

Saw a tweet that mentioned tmobile site not having preorders until 5AM PST. Some posters have said no preorder unlocked iPhones on apples website, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

jrcbandit

Hmm no confirmation email for Verizon for Iphone + 64 GB. No idea if it truly went through and I didn't snapshot the confirmation number, sigh. Well if it truly does take until October 7 I am not sure I even want the phone, got caught up in the pre-order hype :).

BearPawB

Banned
side note, it sucks being second fiddle on the account.
Verizon wouldn't let me put my name in the billing account area, so i had to make my gf charge it to her card. I mean it works out, but is totally ridiculous

Hmm no confirmation email for Verizon for Iphone + 64 GB. No idea if it truly went through and I didn't snapshot the confirmation number, sigh. Well if it truly does take until October 7 I am not sure I even want the phone, got caught up in the pre-order hype :).

Same thing happened to me. The initial confirmation page did say the emails may take 24 hours due to the high load. So I am trying not to freak out (but i am!)

and yeah, i got stuck with october 7th as well. Which im hoping is just a place holder. But iphone+ 64 gig space grey seems to be a popular phone choice.

I have a question to those who used the AT&T next plan.

Why is there an extra 40 dollar charge monthly for the 6 plus? They charge the 31 dollars for 16GB but then they add on another 40 dollar charge for adding to family plan?

scogoth

Where do you live? I'm in the GTA and my order went through saying Oct. 12 -_-

Toronto. I'm guessing the 6 Gold 128GB wasnt as popular as what you ordered so there was stock left. Trying to order a 6 Silver 128GB for my dad and it still says 19/9 but cant get it added to cart

Blueblur1

After nearly 90 minutes I was just now able to select a Gold 6 64Gb, add it to my cart (and after a bunch of errors) finish checking out via the Apple Store app. Goddamn.

lustrate

I've yet to get my email, which is why I wanted others to post if they got theirs lol. Hopefully soon for everyone who ordered. I got in around 10 minutes after it was up.

I'm pretty sure mine went through. I went to "My Account" on the Verizon site and tried to change my plan, but my 5S was greyed out with a message saying that I need to activate my new device. I don't know how Apple tricks me into these shenanigans.

kneePat

It says I have the Iphone 6 128gb ATT reserved... but didn't take me to the payment process or confirmation email!?

You should almost certainly have received a confirmation number (not email but NUMBER) after the checkout process if it was successful.

Check your credit/debit card to see if you have a charge from them... if you do it is a pretty good confirmation as to whether or not your order when through.

Rootbeer

Banned
thought about ordering one but i'm at work with no ios device. I have my nexus 5 and a rMBP... no way to order from apple.com due to their fuckupery. i need an unlocked one so...

Toronto. I'm guessing the 6 Gold 128GB wasnt as popular as what you ordered so there was stock left. Trying to order a 6 Silver 128GB for my dad and it still says 19/9 but cant get it added to cart
Toronto, and it only showed up on the iPad (iPhone is showing not available). Only Grey and Silver was available for 6Plus 128, and was all 3-4 weeks. It just went through.

Dominator

Oh lord, click on order history on Verizon and its not there. Hopefully its just because I haven't gotten an email yet but I would assume that order history list would update immediately.

BearPawB

Banned
I'm pretty sure mine went through. I went to "My Account" on the Verizon site and tried to change my plan, but my 5S was greyed out with a message saying that I need to activate my new device. I don't know how Apple tricks me into these shenanigans.

nice, this was a good way to serve as a double order confirmation.
Thanks

Oh lord, click on order history on Verizon and its not there. Hopefully its just because I haven't gotten an email yet but I would assume that order history list would update immediately.

same for everyone, try the above, it wont let me upgrade my old phone and tells me to wait until i activate my new one

Top Bottom