• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

HUELEN10

I have owned the iPhone, the iPhone 4, the iPhone 5, and hopefully this, never not gotten one on launch day, and this is the WORST store.apple.com has ever been.

BearPawB

Banned
What a nightmare. Fourth time doing this, by far the worst experience.

year after year it is the same bullshit.
Its like diablo 3 launches every september

oh and for the new page.
I got my Verizon confirmation email.
And it says ill get it on the 19th and not October 7th.
So there is hope!

Sobriquet

So i originally ordered the 64gb space grey plus off the AT&T website, did"nt like the 14-21 business days shipping date. Was able to get through on the apple app for sept 19 delivery an hour later. Ordered it, and went to submit cancellation on the AT&T website. Now I'm worried both my orders will end up getting canceled : \ I will call AT*T in the morning.

Same. Nothing is showing up on the Apple site for me, though, but I got a confirmation from AT&T.

jayvo

Damn!! Finally able to get the 64 GB 6 Plus through Verizon! The date said 10/7 but I don't give a damn! Holy shit I'm tired.....good night!

year after year it is the same bullshit.
Its like diablo 3 launches every september

I've had the easiest times doing this for the last 3 years and usually had the Apple store up and ready if Verizon failed. I even ordered for 2 different people for the 5 release on hospital wi-fi after surgery that went smoothly. This has been the worst on all fronts for me.

Rayme

I just got a reservation number

Way to go AT&T, how many years has it been and you STILL manage to fuck this up?

Hope this means I'll be able to pick mine up in-store next Friday >:\
That's my worry... I don't think I even chose between shipping directly to me or in-store pickup before it gave me the lol-att error/reservation, so... huh.

So I was able to get through on the Apple Store app and proceeded to checkout with a 128GB Gold 6 Plus, and I got a reservation number? It said it couldn't get through to my carrier but they reserved a phone for me.. Also said I have 24 hours from when they send me the email to complete the purchase. I haven't gotten an email and I'm wondering what I do?

lustrate

Anyone else mind=blown at the demand for this thing? I've never pre-ordered an iPhone so I didn't realize how many people stay up for this.

billeh

Finally got my order through on Verizon Business, 9/19 delivery, iPhone 6 64GB Space Grey.

Thank God I don't have to touch this bloated e-commerce bullshit site for another two years.

Tizoc

My brother's gonna order one for me to replace my bulky slow ass iPhone 4. I'd mainly use it for communication but might have a few simple games on it.

BearPawB

Banned
Anyone with verizon have this on their plan?

1 GB Additional Data for a limited time Free
iPhone 6 Plus 64GB Space Gray - 1 GB Additional Data.
1GB BONUS DATA/MO FOR 2 YRS Expires 09/12/2016

I get a bonus gig of data a month? For free? That seems ok

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Anyone else mind=blown at the demand for this thing? I've never pre-ordered an iPhone so I didn't realize how many people stay up for this.

It seems like iPhone fever is still hot.

There were moments over the last few years where I thought "Android proliferation has taken the shine off the category Apple innovated in".

But then I look what's happened recently and realize how wrong I was. iPhone has a renewed heat this release cycle.

DOWN

Banned
Are you in a family plan though?

Yes. My dilemma is that primary's bill was low because they grandfathered him into the Mobile Share and gave discounts. If you do a new 2-year contract, you pay activation and you lose the monthly discount. Primary wouldn't like that and I'd likely pay. That would make the phone around $1000 over 2 years of contract.

The other choices were let the bill stay low, go with ATT Next 18 month and then just pay it off over 2 years for a total of about $800 paid, the sell it to wind up at about $600.

Here's where I'm screwed: before iPhone 6, I basically got my 5 subsidized and the bill was just $15 a month for my line, so to primary, it's almost like I had paid the phone off. I paid just the upfront subsidized price and that was it, so my 16gb 5 was $270 or so for a 2 year life and I get to sell it now for about $200.

I'm basically out about $200 thanks to ATT's new payment plans.

JayDub

Just tried again on the Apple Store app, and it went through for phone #2 (wife's)!

But holy shit is this a fucking disaster.

First the stream, now this. Every fucking year and they don't learn to fix this shit. You have the most popular phone in the world and you're not prepped.

I was able to buy 2 phones before people can even access the Apple store website.

Terrible.

NIGHT-

I give up. I can't get a AT&T order to correctly go through. I't wont let me select a plan or anything, and the apple site can't connect with AT&T to confirm my upgrade. This has just been a nightmare.

What's the status in the UK they all say in available to me on the app

I managed to get one earlier for myself but now the missus wants one and it look like they are all gone

Tekniqs

Fuck it gonna go to sleep. Was gonna switch from Android to iPhone and try it out but apple store is still down. How does the company releasing the phone fuck it up this much?

TaKeRx

Well i got to keep my unlimited on ATT. After all those rumors out there I'm glad it's not true. Gold 64GB to be delivered on 9/19 here. Streak is still on!!!

Yes. My dilemma is that primary's bill was low because they grandfathered him into the Mobile Share and gave discounts. If you do a new 2-year contract, you pay activation and you lose the monthly discount. Primary wouldn't like that and I'd likely pay. That would make the phone around $1000 over 2 years of contract.

The other choices were let the bill stay low, go with ATT Next 18 month and then just pay it off over 2 years for a total of about $800 paid, the sell it to wind up at about $600.

Here's where I'm screwed: before iPhone 6, I basically got my 5 subsidized and the bill was just $15 a month for my line, so to primary, it's almost like I had paid the phone off. I paid just the upfront subsidized price and that was it, so my 16gb 5 was $270 or so for a 2 year life and I get to sell it now for about $200.

I'm basically out about $200 thanks to ATT's new payment plans.

Man, goodluck hope you get your stuff sorted out.

Sean

Banned
Was able to get a 64gb gray AT&T phone for in-store pickup on 9/19 earlier through the iOS app. Just kept tapping on all the different configurations until it changed from unavailable to available. It let me keep my unlimited data plan too. Can finally go to sleep happy.

Good luck to all you dudes still trying to get it.

Bad7667

I'm such an idiot. I wanted black but I tried for like 30 minutes to get a black ones price to go blue but only silver would show up. I haven't had a phone for almost a month now and really didn't want to wait any longer so I decided id buy the silver.

After the order was complete I tried again to get black and it worked.

So now I have 2 phones ordered and I can't cancel the silver one until the apple store starts working.

Really hope returns are easy if they both end up shipping before I can cancel.

kneePat

I have owned the iPhone, the iPhone 4, the iPhone 5, and hopefully this, never not gotten one on launch day, and this is the WORST store.apple.com has ever been.

Couldn't agree more.

I have owned the iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s (my brother), iPhone 5, and iPhone 5s (used it before giving it to my brother). I have also ordered/owned an iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, and iPad Air, additionally my last 3 laptops have been MacBook Pro's with my latest being the 2013 Haswell refresh. The last iPod I bought was not too long ago in 2012 as a gift.

I can unequivocally assure you that this is the worst I have ever seen for an Apple (by many folds) launch in a key(presumably the most important) product category like a phone.

I am pretty shocked.

seantos

Neo Member
FINALLY!!!!!! After 2 hours. What an awful un-apple like experience. 64gb space grey iphone 6 in canada iphone app. I tried to add apple care but it kept erroring out so I gave up and just ordered it before something else happened. Still shipping on 9/19

Ninja Dom

Gutted!!!

My payment authorisation failed on the preorder (even though I checked my account and have the available funds).

Now UK delivery is between Sep 29 and Oct 4th!!!

I give up. I can't get a AT&T order to correctly go through. I't wont let me select a plan or anything, and the apple site can't connect with AT&T to confirm my upgrade. This has just been a nightmare.

Should try again, I just bought my silver 64gb plus. By the way the app did this tricky thing where it almost made me think I had to choose a new data plan, almost chose the 2gb option before I clicked continue and it showed my unlimited plan.

Also apparently it says that ATT Next purchases aren't eligible for pick up, so I'm basically at the mercy of Oct 1-6 delivery estimate..

Xamdou

You should almost certainly have received a confirmation number (not email but NUMBER) after the checkout process if it was successful.

Check your credit/debit card to see if you have a charge from them... if you do it is a pretty good confirmation as to whether or not your order when through.

Hold on a sec which card will I get charged from? The one on file with Apple or the one with ATT? It didnt even ask my shipping or cc information but did give me a confirmation number. I ordered from the Apple store app.

So I was able to get through on the Apple Store app and proceeded to checkout with a 128GB Gold 6 Plus, and I got a reservation number? It said it couldn't get through to my carrier but they reserved a phone for me.. Also said I have 24 hours from when they send me the email to complete the purchase. I haven't gotten an email and I'm wondering what I do?
Anybody else go through this?

JABEE

Last year, did people usually get moved up after the big crazy run to the gates of Apple's website or did you get stuck with the same ship date?

Dominator

oh and for the new page.
I got my Verizon confirmation email.
And it says ill get it on the 19th and not October 7th.
So there is hope!
Got my email, has an October 7th delivery. I thought I was quick but I guess not quick enough lol. I still can't be too mad, at least I got one.

ayeorkean

Finally got apple site to work with incognito and auto refresh while flushing DNS. 7-10 days, hopefully it gets pushed but I'm happy with that.

HUELEN10

Just did Apple, chose pick-up on the 19th, and got an email saying my order is being processed...

Am I actually in the clear?

kneePat

Hold on a sec which card will I get charged from? The one on file with Apple or the one with ATT? It didnt even ask my shipping or cc information but did give me a confirmation number. I ordered from the Apple store app.

This all depends on which card was on file with Apple... but to be abolutely sure you could certainly just check both, no? I believe it would probably be the card on file with Apple if you've changed no other setting.

Top Bottom