• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

scogoth

For Canada if you got a range saying 9/19-9/23 for shipping date you can be assured the Friday delivery if you live in a major city.

Also website is back up =)

Well that sucks. Said it would be shipped to arrive 9/19 when I started the order, but came out to 10/1-10/6 in the confirmation e-mail. So close...

Chamber

love on your sleeve
This isn't going to happen for me tonight. To paraphrase a great announcer, "Goodnight everyone. Sprint, you can go to hell...straight to hell."

HUELEN10

WTF, why can you only purchase contract-free on T-Mobile!? Ugghhh.
Shoulda read up!

The House That Steve Built said:
Can I purchase iPhone under the T-Mobile Equipment Installment Plan?
No, but you can apply for the Barclaycard Financing Visa card. New Barclaycard members can get special financing for up to 24 months on iPhone for use with T-Mobile.

I went the Barclaycard route, same 0 percent financing for 24 months as T-Mobile, probably will pay it off within 4 months.

Wow.

It, it just hit me; I just spent 801.43 USD, on a DAMN PHONE.

VoxPop

DO0bpB3.png

ended up just ordering the 6 since the 6+ wont be available till October =T

Expected 9/19

Will try my luck on the T-Mobile site in the morning to try and nab a launch day Plus. Off to sleep!

Finally got mine.

Space Gray, 64GB, iPhone 6 Plus

The order confirmation had my mom's name (on a family plan) as the person to pick up, though it said "Others may be authorized to pick this up" so fucking help me God if they don't let me pick up my phone without my mother there I will blow a fucking gasket. For the past 3 iPhones (3G, 4, and 5) they have given me shit about trying to buy it without my mom there, and every fucking time she has told them to put my name on the account. I'd just as soon split off the family plan and get my own if it wasn't for 1) I still have unlimited data and 2) it makes the plan cheaper for my parents.

What a nightmare this has been. Gotta drive out to Sherman Oaks to pick it up too since both the Glendale Galleria and the Americana stores were sold out by the time the fuckin site went up.

[/firstworldproblems]

The fact that we Dutch get screwed over once again in terms of:

• No Dutch Siri support.
  • No Dutch Quicktype support
  • No Dutch Carplay support

is quite getting on my nerves. It is like we are a market that does not exist. They have 3-4 stores in our country with a lot of people buying iMacs, Macbooks, iPad's and iPhone's.

At least show some fucking support and have the decency to add these tiny little things in the IOS 8 release. If they are not supporting these kind of things by March 2015 I am seriously contemplating on getting an Android phone.

Rpgmonkey

AT&T finally sent my confirmation email but I haven't been charged yet...

I'll just assume it went through and go to bed, it's nearly 6 AM and between this and an assignment I was struggling with I'm starting to get a headache.

My first iPhone above 16GB (64GB), fun.

Timan

Developer
Available to ship: 7- 10 business days
Delivers: Oct 1 - Oct 6 by Standard Shipping

For iPhone 6 Plus Gold 16gb

Delivers: 9/19 by Standard Shipping

For iPhone 6 Space Gray 16gb

Addnan

Gonna be a long week and then Friday will be painful waiting for delivery to turn up.

UK: Is it normal for it to say this. I'm in London so I guess I am in a day 1 area, but just making sure that message is normal. 19/9 in most areas by standard shipping.

cjzDBXil.png
aGxES97l.png

EDIT: Ah, I see.
Cp3LjAH.png

Crimmy

So I'm a little worried. I ordered at 3am through ATT which never gave me a confirmation email. Then, when apple's website went up, I ordered thru them in which they said I had an upgrade available. What are the chances they cancel my apple order that is guaranteed for in store pick up, and they keep my order that I placed with ATT which won't ship for 7-10 business days? Can I cancel my ATT order instead? As of right now I have two orders, one with ATT and apple but both are using my one time upgrade.

Crimmy

Am I the only one who didn't get a confirmation email from AT&T???

I never did and honestly, I'm hoping that it stays that way since I got thru apple.

Also seems the gold one is very hard to come by. I had it up on apple but instore pick up was only for 1 plaiNS ny. Didnt want to drive down there but when I thought about it after 5 min I said, 'what the heck.' Went back in and it was listed as "unavailable."

fse

My contract runs out on or around thanksgiving so i'll decide by then if I want a 6/6+ or stay on my 5 and wait for the 6S.

Bgamer90

Banned
3-4 weeks for my 128 GB iPhone 6 Plus.

Would love to have it by next week. Want to say that a similar case happened with my iPhone 4S (said 3-4 weeks but I got it on launch). We'll see I guess.

Bgamer90

Banned
I hope so

Bgamer, when did you find out you were going to get it at launch? Was it the day after or did it just appear?

I'm trying to search my inbox to see since I honestly forgot.

I definitely got it at launch but I remember getting an e-mail saying it was going to come after launch. So yeah, I'll let you know if/when I find it.

Also, it seems like people who are getting the regular iPhone 6 will be getting it at launch while many of the "Plus people" have to wait multiple weeks. A bit strange I guess. Anyway, I'm going to keep digging through my inbox to try and find it.

knitoe

I fell asleep and woke up to finally see the 2nd confirm email from ATT. Shipping date is 14-21 business days for both iphone 6+ 128GB, Gray and Silver. I still expect they will come on 19. And, I also just notice both email says "grandfathered" for data plan, unlimited and 2GB.

I really want to impulse buy the 6+, however the 1gb of ram worries me. Do yall think it will actually impact user experience? The phone I truly want is the z3 compact, but they have yet to announce a US releasedate knowing sony, its probably 2 years frm now. Tmobile starts preorders for the 6+ today,.so im really contemplating this

jrcbandit

My confirmation email finally came in from Verizon but it still says October 7... Hopefully, it will be faster than that. Since the + is so big (with unfortunately huge bezel), is everyone still getting a case for it?

About to make the switch from Android. With IOS 8, I finally feel comfortable switching since it will allow Swype/Swiftkey keyboards and widgets in the notification area from any app. I hope that means Google Now will be in the notification area as a widget. However, it really sucks that there is no customizable ad block (I don't block GAF of course), and the lack of memory means browser tabs will reload when you access them again ;p. I hope most Ipad apps are universal, don't want to have to repurchase them for Iphone.

Bgamer90

Banned
Alright, found the e-mails I got when I ordered the 4S two years ago. First confirmation e-mail didn't give me any date (which is probably why I assumed it wasn't coming at launch). I then received an e-mail five days later saying that it was being shipped and I got the phone at launch.

NekoFever

Also, it seems like people who are getting the regular iPhone 6 will be getting it at launch while many of the "Plus people" have to wait multiple weeks. A bit strange I guess. Anyway, I'm going to keep digging through my inbox to try and find it.

The talk before the announcement was always that the larger model was behind the standard one in production and would have more limited availability.

m0dus

Banned
So I'm a little worried. I ordered at 3am through ATT which never gave me a confirmation email. Then, when apple's website went up, I ordered thru them in which they said I had an upgrade available. What are the chances they cancel my apple order that is guaranteed for in store pick up, and they keep my order that I placed with ATT which won't ship for 7-10 business days? Can I cancel my ATT order instead? As of right now I have two orders, one with ATT and apple but both are using my one time upgrade.

I actually have this dilemma as well, because I thought my initial ATT order errored out, subsequently grabbed two upgrade eligible phones through apple store, then lo and behold att confirmation email shows up...:/

A friend of mine brought up an interesting question. Will the 6+ be able to run iPad apps? It's very close to a mini in size, and specs shouldn't be a problem. It would be amazing if it could run x-com or other big apps like that. Would sway me towards the 6+ over a regular 6.

Hatty

A friend of mine brought up an interesting question. Will the 6+ be able to run iPad apps? It's very close to a mini in size, and specs shouldn't be a problem. It would be amazing if it could run x-com or other big apps like that. Would sway me towards the 6+ over a regular 6.

completely different aspect ratio
so unless letter boxing is a thing you want then I don't see it happening

Varion

Gutted!!!

My payment authorisation failed on the preorder (even though I checked my account and have the available funds).

Now UK delivery is between Sep 29 and Oct 4th!!!
Ugh, this is going to be me later today, I can tell. Logged in again a few hours after ordering and saw it had thrown up a payment error, went to check it...and now the site just keeps erroring every time I try to check my previous orders. Nothing but errors for the past hour. Unbelievable.

NekoFever

XCOM is a native iPhone/iPad app anyway. Hopefully 2K will release an update to take advantage of the resolution change.

rezuth

It won't but people will adjust apps, if you look in landscape mail is more like the iPad version etc.

Ordered on Verizon Wireless Store. Said 9/19 through checkout. I hit confirm and the date moves to 10/14...

I check the confirmation email .. it says 9/19

I check the Order Status page .. it says 10/14

Asshole Verizon.

Ordered a 6 Plus from Apple as well. It is scheduled for 7-10 business days later.

I may have to just stand in line now the night before.. =\

Top Bottom