• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Sarye

With this development, I change my previous decision.

Trade in the iPhone 4S to AT&T for $200. Get the iPhone 5S. Get Touch I.D. and a beautifully made phone.

pretty sure the trade in promotion is only if you purchase an iphone 6 or 6+ FYI

noomi

I went with this baby:

B00MU7VJR4.jpg

Same here, I just really hate the cutout apple logo bit, I hope it's at least covered with a clear plastic or something....

NYR

BxVfRb0CcAA4iKF.jpg

So, with the in store reservation at 0, is there a point of me braving it out next week at a lineup to get it earlier (Canada, Toronto, for reference)

Maaaaaaaaaaaaan, fuck this. Can't believe I stayed up until 2 AM for the same result. So pissed right now.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
pretty sure the trade in promotion is only if you purchase an iphone 6 or 6+ FYI

I think a fully functional, non-damaged 4S is worth $100 in trade-in credit at AT&T based on my research. That would still work for me. I'll find out in a couple hours.

Didn't pull the trigger last night. I just couldn't decide on a size.

Anyone know when the models hit the floor in the Apple stores? Will try them both in person and then order one for late October.

jwluther

I went with this one.

0xlEMT8l.jpg

Branding isn't as bad, and I really like the utility of storing my cards in my phone case. Been doing that since 4S.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
We signed up for next, heres how it works out...

Right now I was paying 50.00 a month for my portion of unlimited talk, text and shared 10GB of data.

So that's 1,200.00 for two years of phone service, plus buying a subsidized phone (lets say 300.00) brings the total to 1,500 every two years.

On AT&T next, my monthly portion is now 27.50, so 660.00 for two years. Then, my 300 phone is 37/month. Now, I did the 12 month plan. If I waited 24 months, I'd be paying more, but then I wouldn't have done the 12 month plan! I would have done the 18, or 24. If I had done the 18 or 24 month, my monthly phone payments would have been lower.

So AT&T next becomes a ripoff if you sign up for say a 12 month plan and DON'T upgrade at the 12 months.

50-27.50 a month for unlimited talk text and a share of 10GB? How is it so cheap for you? How many people do you share with?

Varion

Well, one ordeal of a trip to the bank later, the payment authorisation message is gone!

iYFjBWYEqWFxL.png

Was scared it'd end up delaying the delivery into next month, but fortunately not.

I'll wait for a half decent case. Cases at launch are always based off of dimensions on paper and tend to have little issues that result in my phone getting scratched by the case.

They'll make way more money from reselling your used phone than they're losing with JUMP!

What is your expected delivery date?
I went with ordering through Apple and I transferred a line from T-Mobile and the email says I'll get it the 19th.

Didn't want to deal with probably waiting in a line so I'm having it shipped to me.

California here, BTW.

ZeroX03

Banned
Seems everything except the 128GB iPhone 6 models have been pushed back a week in Australia. Most of the 6+ units are at a month long wait. Looks like rumors of production issues were true, most people won't be getting their units til October.

BSsBrolly

Banned
I'll wait for a half decent case. Cases at launch are always based off of dimensions on paper and tend to have little issues that result in my phone getting scratched by the case.

I didn't have that problem with Spigen. Ordered a case for my Nexus 5 the same day I ordered the phone (whenever it launched, I can't remember). I also ordered a second case to switch it up a bit. In fact, that's why I decided to stick with them for the iPhone 6 and plan to stick with them from now on. Nothing but good experiences with them.

I've never heard of Spigen before :/ are they any good? I was hoping Speck would have cases for launch, I've had a Speck case on my 4S for years and it's been perfect.

Mononoke

Banned
Unless you live in an incredibly densely populated neighborhood (in New York or London or Los Angeles, et cetera), you could probably get to a carrier or Apple Store around 5 a.m. and still get the phone you want next Friday.

I might give it a shot. But I really can't go any longer without a phone. It's been really shitty for my job and everything else. I guess if I go in store on the 19th it won't be any different then had I got my pre-order (as that would have only got here on the 19th). So I guess I'll give it one more shot and line up early as fuck on release date.

But I'm not feeling optimistic after all this bullshit. Sprint fuckin sucks as a company. Garbage provider. I'm really thinking of just getting an android device and using it for 6 months and then trying again at a later time for iPhone 6 + I expected this to be a hassle, but not this bad. Fuck. Then again, I just must have bad luck. So many people on here got their pre-orders nice and easy. Just my luck that when I actually need a phone (don't have a temporary one either), I can't get jack shit.

Sobriquet

When my order went through last night (64GB Plus), I got a notice saying that my unlimited data plan had been removed, and that it's shipping 10/02/2014 to 10/13/2014.

I called this morning AT&T and was told that I'm keeping Unlimited, and my phone is shipping on release date. :D

I know a few others thought they might also lose their unlimited data, so I definitely recommend calling.

In my experience (2 different cases), yes very good.
Okay, thanks. I'm completely paranoid and probably won't even use the phone until I can get a decent case + tempered glass screen protector. I'm like this with all of my devices, and thankfully it's worked out for me. 4S for 2+ years, still in perfect condition.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
I was unable to go through the check out at T-Mobile's website this morning, so I tried to call them and there was a 2 hour wait. Two hours. The demand for the iPhone 6 is crazy. I opted for them to call back, however, I might just wait until the craziness is over and can just pick it up at the store.

Top Bottom