• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Hasney

Three are apparently buying out contracts of people that have been stung with 4G, 0800 calls or roaming costs. Their Twitter says that they're still getting the iPhone 6 pre-orders up soon, so might be worth calling some 0800's right now if you're with someone else and looking to upgrade for them to buy you out.

The battery in the 6+ is said to be 30% better than the 6. I'm interested to see real world performance of the 6+.

The deal breaker for me was that Vita pic. I don't care how good the battery is.

Yea, I'm apprehensive about the size but thickness is a factor as well. No way it's as thick as a Vita. I've put a Galaxy Note 2 in my pocket and while large it fit just fine.

Acheteedo

Got a Plus 128GB Space Grey order that will take 2-3 weeks from launch day, that's fine with me. Also picked up this case:

61sYMVoqcsL._SL1500_.jpg

Thanks to the suggestions in this topic.

I was pretty underwhelmed with the iPhone 6 at first, mainly because the Plus was the considerably more attractive proposition with the better battery life and I wasn't intending on getting a larger device. But I've since tried other people's Notes in my pocket and it felt good, so fuck it, why not get the device that offers a decent upgrade to the 5.

MCasey

I had a 64gb iPhone 4S before I switched to the Galaxy S4. I managed to fill that quite quickly and had to get conservative on music, but even then you could probably fill it with some games quite quick.

Don't forget, the 16GB also includes the OS, so it's not all space you can use.

Yeah...and whenever there's an update I am always deleting stuff to allow the update to happen. Just thought I could get away with getting 16gb and then buying 20gb of iCloud storage.

Hasney

Yeah...and whenever there's an update I am always deleting stuff to allow the update to happen. Just thought I could get away with getting 16gb and then buying 20gb of iCloud storage.

Oh yeah, my housemate is saying the same on her 16GB... And she only plays bloody Solitaire.

sangreal

So I ordered via the Apple Store app last night right after preorders went up. Got a confirmation email immediately. Still haven't been charged though, not even a hold for $0.00 like some others are stating.

Did an AT&T 2-year upgrade for in-store pickup.

Anyone else on the same boat?

I ordered from apple store app (verizon) and the put a hold on my CC for the full amount

09-12-2014 *Pending APL*APPLEONLINESTOREUS 800-676-2775 CA ELECTRONIC STORES $ 426.93

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I might grab that white silicone case from Apple. Make my Silver iPhone look all white! Or I could go with red, and have a Mirror's Edge theme going.

Hasney

I can't do 64gb anymore. 4 hour a day commute = Lots of music and movies and apps. I have 1.6gb left on my 64gb iPhone 5. Not to mention photos/video taken.

Yeah, if I had to get trains or anything where signal could be spotty, my 64GB SD card would be pretty damn full.

Bowser

I can't do 64gb anymore. 4 hour a day commute = Lots of music and movies and apps. I have 1.6gb left on my 64gb iPhone 5. Not to mention photos/video taken.

Holy hell. I'm bumping up on 16GB, but have most everything I want. I opted for 64GB, but can't imagine getting up to the limit there lol

Varion

Nope, mine just says "Processing Items Delivers: 9/19 by Standard Shipping." No red text.

I've had issues in the past where my credit card company blocks an order because they thought the card/number was stolen, but they had supposedly fixed that already. Just being a little paranoid I guess. I'll wait and see what happens. :)
Yeah as long as that's all it says I wouldn't worry. Mine had flagged up that message within a couple of hours of ordering it.

How quickly do you guys/gals fill up 16gb?
Trying to justify my 64gb iPhone 6 purchase.
16gb's gone the second I put my music directory on there. I got by okay with 32gb on my 5 year old iPod touch, but considering that's not an option here, 64gb it is. Will be nice having space for videos and suchlike too, especially as I'm intending to actually use the camera and want this to last 4-ish years ideally. 128gb definitely sounds like overkill though.

kaskade

I'm wondering how the Apple silicon case will feel. Some of them seem like they can get sticky which is annoying going in and out of the pocket.

I have a gs4 (32gb + 64gb card) and am happy with it still. But I definitely want to hold a 6+ in a store and see how it feels. And learn about battery life.

Might bite.

BearPawB

Banned
So the verizon order page used to say: 10/7
Then my confirmation email says 9/19
Now the order page says: Expected Ship Date: Not available at this time.

I don't know if that is good or bad

Hasney

Notice how the year isn't mentioned. It's bad.
Hope it comes on time!

Interfectum

Check this out:

Current ship dates for iPhone 6 Plus on ATT if you buy right now: 35-42 business days

My estimated ship date (I ordered at 3am): 10/31/2014 To 11/11/2014 (34-41 business days)

So basically I wasted my time at 3am?

Hasney

Three have kinda finally got the iPhone 6 pre-orders up, you just can't at the moment. The 16GB versions appear in the listings though.

all £99 up front

£44 a month Plus and £38 for the small.

Check this out:

Current ship dates for iPhone 6 Plus on ATT if you buy right now: 35-42 business days

My estimated ship date (I ordered at 3am): 10/31/2014 To 11/11/2014 (34-41 business days)

So basically I wasted my time at 3am?

Nah, you gained a day on these peasants pre-ordering now. Also, I wouldn't be shocked if that's a placeholder on the next wave of stock. Some people pre-ordering now may get them even later.

that vita pic was what convinced me to go 6+. I can fit a vita into my pockets, although it's a bit tight. If the phone is both smaller and thinner then i can't see myself having any issues.

So I ordered last night. haven't seen an confirmation email or anything but My Verizon says my phone is not longer eligible for an upgraded. How do I track my order? lulz

Two Words

Speaking of exercising with that phone, the Apple Watch promotion showed some girls wearing a training bras + small running shorts. The Apple Watch requires an iphone. Where were those girls storing their massive iPhones?

Squalor

manngc

They give you a promo card? How would you apply the card to the already purchased iphone 6?

In the fine print it says that you will get the trade-in credit instantly if you go to the AT&T retail store. It's definitely a deal I'm going to check out to see if I'm eligible with my grandfathered unlimited plan. I have an old 4 and a 4s laying around.

Got a 6 64GB for my wife.
Got a 6+ 64GB for me.

Both from Verizon. The 6 is coming on the 19th, the 6+ is coming on Oct 14, but I can wait. Pretty exciting!

So I ordered last night. haven't seen an confirmation email or anything but My Verizon says my phone is not longer eligible for an upgraded. How do I track my order? lulz

It might take a while. I ordered with At&t and didn't get mine till a couple hours ago. if you wrote down the order number you can call and check on the progress. Also I think they can track the order by the cell phone number used to upgrade.

Bowser

They give you a promo card? How would you apply the card to the already purchased iphone 6?

It doesn't, I don't think. You might as well go through Amazon if you don't mind Amazon credit, they're offering $211.50 for a 16GB iPhone 5 AT&T in "good condition" and if they inspect and upgrade to "like new", you'll get $232.40. Locked 16GB iPhone 5 seem to be going for between $225-$250 on eBay so you actually work out slightly better thru Amazon once you take into account the seller fee.

http://www.amazon.com/electronics-store/b/ref=topnav_storetab_e?ie=UTF8&node=172282

Top Bottom