• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
cos spacegray looks like shit?
Black is what looks good. Because it blends into the screen perfectly when off, and there's no dumb black border around when the screen is on. I'm not a fan of space gray either, but thankfully it's just on the back so you don't have to look at it every time you use the thing.

giga

If you're in the market for a new phone right now, there is no reason to pick the iPhone 5S over the iPhone 6.

It's AT&T. Don't worry. They'll get their money.

As long as you have the confirmation, you'll be fine. Their servers and banks are all slammed right now.
Sure there is. A 32gb 5S can be had for less than $500 used now. (A brand new 64gb 6 is almost $800 after tax.) Still a very capable phone that is competitive in benchmarks with today's phones. The a7 was ahead of its time.

Hasney

16GB is unsuable if you like apps. I'm just about surviving right now on my Galxy due to putting additional data on the SD, but christ, cannot imagine having 16GB full stop with the OS taking up some of that.

ok, gonna sell my 5 after repairing the screen for ~$260, already preordered 6+ 64gb black through sprint.

anyone know of a good case that's thin but works?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm sure this kind of thing has been discussed to death...but after 2.5 years with my 4S, I need to upgrade. I'm actually on my second one atm, since the first fell to death, but it's a refurb that's constantly freezing up and shit.

Anyways, I'm deciding between a 5C and a 5S. $100 difference. I don't really care if the phone is plastic, that's fine with me. I'm reading a comparison chart and the only difference I see internally is the 5S has a upgraded processor...but I'm not sure if that would matter to me since I mostly just use the browser, social apps and simple stuff like bejeweled and quiz up. If I'm trying to be frugal is it okay to go with the 5C in this case or is it really worth going with the 5S?

Sorry got no where else to troubleshoot and I'm going to att in a couple hours. 😔

I'm thinking about not pre-ordering and just go to a Radio Shack and reserve through the manager of the store (I'm their delivery guy so he can hook me up). I am just wondering if I could get it before my 12 month AT&T Next upgrade is due (October 4th).

16GB is unsuable if you like apps. I'm just about surviving right now on my Galxy due to putting additional data on the SD, but christ, cannot imagine having 16GB full stop with the OS taking up some of that.

They knew what they were doing when they made the 16gb an option. If it was at 32gb I would probably go base but at 16 I need to look at the next model. The cost for them between the two models is probably minimal at this point.

I'm sure this kind of thing has been discussed to death...but after 2.5 years with my 4S, I need to upgrade. I'm actually on my second one atm, since the first fell to death, but it's a refurb that's constantly freezing up and shit.

Anyways, I'm deciding between a 5C and a 5S. $100 difference. I don't really care if the phone is plastic, that's fine with me. I'm reading a comparison chart and the only difference I see internally is the 5S has a upgraded processor...but I'm not sure if that would matter to me since I mostly just use the browser, social apps and simple stuff like bejeweled and quiz up. If I'm trying to be frugal is it okay to go with the 5C in this case or is it really worth going with the 5S?

Sorry got no where else to troubleshoot and I'm going to att in a couple hours. 😔

Are those models appropriately discounted now that the 6 is coming out? I'd personally tell you to go with a 5S.

Mononoke

Banned
Just ended up getting an android. Can't continue to go a month + without a phone. Getting ridiculous. Guess I'll check back in 6 months, when they start having iPhone 6's in stores. But this really fuckin blows. Wasted 6 hours last night and got no sleep. Absolutely got fucked on this.

Squalor

The iPhone 5C is a perfectly capable phone for what you need.

If you're okay with plastic and color and want to save $100, definitely go with the 5C over the 5S.

Sarye

my dad wants to buy an iPhone 6 carrier unlocked. he has verizon. would the unlocked t-mobile phone work in this respect or would he need to order one straight from verizon? they all have the same cellular bands now, right?

Verizon iPhones come unlocked. Also Verizon iPhones support both CDMA and GSM. As another poster here mentioned, it probably won't work on HSPA+ if you take it to another carrier but some people have gotten it to work on say, AT&T by calling them up and activating it with them.

T-Mobile version of the iPhone is GSM only so you would NOT be able to take it anywhere besides other GSM networks.

Just ended up getting an android. Can't continue to go a month + without a phone. Getting ridiculous. Guess I'll check back in 6 months, when they start having iPhone 6's in stores. But this really fuckin blows. Wasted 6 hours last night and got no sleep. Absolutely got fucked on this.

you can't get a 6 next friday?

Berek

Neo Member
Verizon website is forcing me to add a data package as I checkout. But my existing plan already includes 2GB along with unlimited talk/text. Am I missing something here?

LordCanti

AT&T charged the entire price of the phone an hour ago so I really hope it's not actually going to take until mid-October to get here.

Regular 6 64gb Grey. Was able to complete the order around 3:15 AM Eastern

I guess going for the 64gb one helped you out even though you ordered 20 min after me.

Cuphead

Banned

You''d be fine with a c.

Squalor

Unless you live in an incredibly densely populated neighborhood (in New York or London or Los Angeles, et cetera), you could probably get to a carrier or Apple Store around 5 a.m. and still get the phone you want next Friday.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Thanks for the responses, guys. Now I'm really excited to get my new phone today...considering how much time I spend with my phone on a daily bases, and the fact that the 4S was my first ever smart phone, it's a pretty big deal. Plus I like the bright colors of the 5C, keeping an eye out for that red one.

The 5C is free with a renewed contracts, for the record. I've been due for six months.

HUELEN10

Snuggles, like others said, you'd be fine with a 5C, but the 5S is so beefy, it is bound to age better and longer. Keep this in mind.

Cuphead

Banned
Thanks for the responses, guys. Now I'm really excited to get my new phone today...considering how much time I spend with my phone on a daily bases, and the fact that the 4S was my first ever smart phone, it's a pretty big deal. Plus I like the bright colors of the 5C, keeping an eye out for that red one.

The 5C is free with a renewed contracts, for the record. I've been due for six months.

Enjoy it, it'll feel pretty fresh coming from a 4s.

Squalor

What's your carrier? Most US carriers will give you a $200 gift card (for use anywhere) if you trade in your iPhone 4S.

njean777

Can you cancel pre-orders on ATT's website? I pre-ordered 2 6+'s but wanted to cancel and wait a bit instead. I clicked cancel pre-order and it never has sent the email to cancel them and it has been like 20 min since doing so.

Experien

AT&T told me their store would be open at 8am (for pre-order)...it was not. I am going on a trip on the 20th so I can't ship it to home cause I'll be at work that Friday and leave at 7am. Any ideas?

I need to get rid of this iPhone 4!!! It is not pulling its weight anymore.

Squalor

Can you cancel pre-orders on ATT's website? I pre-ordered 2 6+'s but wanted to cancel and wait a bit instead. I clicked cancel pre-order and it never has sent the email to cancel them and it has been like 20 min since doing so.
They're incredible busy right now. Just wait until Monday.

If you get no confirmation by then, just call.
AT&T told me their store would be open at 8am (for pre-order)...it was not. I am going on a trip on the 20th so I can't ship it to home cause I'll be at work that Friday and leave at 7am. Any ideas?

I need to get rid of this iPhone 4!!! It is not pulling its weight anymore.
You've dealt with the phone for this long. What's another couple of weeks?

I hope so. On my 1st order at ~2:55EST, I got a confirm email at 3:01EST with 14-21 days and still say "Expected Ship Date: Pending Confirmation".

Edit: Just changed to "Expected Ship Date: 10/13/2014 To 10/22/2014" . This fucking better not be correct.
READY TO STAND IN LINE BRO?

MercuryLS

Banned

I'm not going to tell you want to do but the 5C at free only has 8gb of space, that's really really tight. If you're going to be spending many years with this device I would suggest taking the hit of $100-150 to get the iPhone 5S with 16 or 32gb.

Edit: If you can get $200 credit for the 4S why not just get the 16gb iPhone 6?

Squalor

AT&T. I was just looking into that. I could definitely go for the 5S in that case. I'm sure it's worth a little extra to get a better phone considering I'll be using it over the next couple years, but it's a tough call. We'll see soon enough.
With this development, I change my previous decision.

Trade in the iPhone 4S to AT&T for $200. Get the iPhone 5S. Get Touch I.D. and a beautifully made phone.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm not going to tell you want to do but the 5C at free only has 8gb of space, that's really really tight. If you're going to be spending many years with this device I would suggest taking the hit of $100-150 to get the iPhone 5S with 16 or 32gb.

I missed that detail. Most of my essential apps are pretty light and I stream most media, but even so only 8GB's would be pretty brutal. I'll probably just suck it up and get the 5S then. Thanks for the guidance, friends. 👌

Bowser

Stupid ass AT&T business account. Finally got an order through the phone, but I'm not going to get the phone until 7-14 days after release at best :(

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus Christ... still can't load the final checkout screen with T-Mobile.

I wonder if they are taking pre-orders in store today. I'll drop by later if this damn website never fixes itself. It's probably too late to get a launch day 6 Plus online anyway.

Hasney

Trade in the iPhone 4S to AT&T for $200. Get the iPhone 5S. Get Touch I.D. and a beautifully made phone.

Not only that, but it'd probably survive better once iOS9 rolls around if they're keeping the phone for over a year.

Dosia

How is the 4s trade in $200? I just tried filling out the 5 trade in and it says $150.

MercuryLS

Banned
I was going to buy a 6 64gb with a leather case, with tax it comes up to over $1000 Canadian. No thanks.

Will wait for some BNIB unlocked phones to hit Kijiji at lower prices.

njean777

They're incredible busy right now. Just wait until Monday.

If you get no confirmation by then, just call.

You've dealt with the phone for this long. What's another couple of weeks?

It won't charge me will it? Are they like amazon and won't charge until the phone ships? I just don't want to suddenly be out the money this weekend.

Ferny

Jesus Christ... still can't load the final checkout screen with T-Mobile.

I wonder if they are taking pre-orders in store today. I'll drop by later if this damn website never fixes itself. It's probably too late to get a launch day 6 Plus online anyway.

I had the same issue. I'm going to wait a little bit and call in to see if they are taking preorders in store.

KevinG

Had exactly that.

I called the card company and they said the transaction was refused because they thought it could be fraudulent. They asked me to confirm that it was me that actually ordered the iPhone. They said cool, wait 5 minutes and try again. After that it was fine.

Yeah, my wife called Apple and got it all figured out.

iPhone 6 Plus - 64GB for me
6 - 64GB for my wife
6 - 16GB for my mother-in-law

Successful evening.

Reading on Macrumors forum, it seems like anyone ordering a 6+ through ATT got fucked. Time to get on my knees and pray the status page is wrong.

Yea it's looking that way for me. Fucking sucks. I preordered my iphone 4 via att and had no problem.

AT&T charged the entire price of the phone an hour ago so I really hope it's not actually going to take until mid-October to get here.

I guess going for the 64gb one helped you out even though you ordered 20 min after me.

Oh wow. I though AT&T doesn't charge the card until the phone ships? Does that mean I'm guaranteed a phone on 9/19?

I preordered a 128gb 6+. But my status says "Pending" and my shipping says "Pending Confirmation"

I also use my phone for fitness and as a wallet. I've been using this case for my iphone 5 (i get compliments and questions about where to get it pretty much anytime I pull it out to use a CC):
http://www.incipio.com/cases/iphone...-5-stashback-credit-card-hard-shell-case.html

I will be using this case for my iphone 6 plus (preordered on amazon):
http://www.incipio.com/cases/iphone...case-with-integrated-stand-iphone-6-plus.html

Looks nice mate. Its just I drop my phone to often to not have some front protection cover!

Ovid

So when was the iPhone finally made available on T-Mobile's site?

I was up from 3AM - 5AM and nothing. Checked at 7AM...nothing.

Top Bottom