• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Mononoke

Banned
I've never heard of Spigen before :/ are they any good? I was hoping Speck would have cases for launch, I've had a Speck case on my 4S for years and it's been perfect.

IMO they make very high quality cases for the price. I had one for my iPhone 5s. Very good. I much prefer them to some of the other major case companies.

HUELEN10

Can anyone recommend a Spigem case with no logo hole and a lip on the front so the front never touches a surface when placed upsidedown?

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Well, one ordeal of a trip to the bank later, the payment authorisation message is gone!

iYFjBWYEqWFxL.png

Was scared it'd end up delaying the delivery into next month, but fortunately not.

Mine still says processing on Apple's site. Should I call my bank?

njean777

I was unable to go through the check out at T-Mobile's website this morning, so I tried to call them and there was a 2 hour wait. Two hours. The demand for the iPhone 6 is crazy. I opted for them to call back, however, I might just wait until the craziness is over and can just pick it up at the store.

Yeah I am still waiting to just cancel my pre-orders from AT&T. Their systems must be fucked.

yodandy

I'm sure this will get lost in the mix but:

I'm currently on Sprint with an iPhone 5s. Sprint is the fucking worst. I am cutting contract early just to get out, i'll pay whatever BS early termination fee they charge me.

I am leaning towards going back to ATT (In Chicago they were always fine to me), will they give me a trade-in credit? T-Mobile is my 2nd option, I saw a promo where they were paying any termination fee's from other carriers.

Going for the iPhone 6(non-plus). Just wondering what the trade in credit would be for iPhone 5s (perf condition)->iPhone 6.

Would definitely prefer a case that
  • doesn't have a cut out for the apple logo
  • doesn't have the case manufacturers name plastered over it
both of these irritate me a lot :(

huh, seems like being a sprint customer has it advantages for once. I tried preordering around 9:15 am and had no issues. Got a confo email around 9:45. Now, just have to wait up to 3 weeks for it to arrive at my home, while im not there. because thats how that always happens.

Ovid

I was unable to go through the check out at T-Mobile's website this morning, so I tried to call them and there was a 2 hour wait. Two hours. The demand for the iPhone 6 is crazy. I opted for them to call back, however, I might just wait until the craziness is over and can just pick it up at the store.
You can preorder from their website now.

Do they only charge your card when it's ready to be shipped because I'm getting the same info you are and I've been charged.

I thought they don't charge the card until it ships.

Which 6 or 6+ and size?

6+ 128gb

Where is that showing for you? The order tracking page or the confirmation email?

The actual AT&T "Order Status" website.

When I select the "Visit your order status" link from the confirmation email that states "Status: Pending" and "Expected Shipping Date: Pending confirmation".

Hasney

Would definitely prefer a case that
  • doesn't have a cut out for the apple logo
  • doesn't have the case manufacturers name plastered over it
both of these irritate me a lot :(

Yeah, I hate the ones with the apple logo cut out especially. Why? Who the fuck is that for, really?

jwluther

I had a horrible experience buying my last phone from Sprint. They would only ship to my billing address, which for a college student, ended up being pretty sucky. I ordered the 6 from the Apple Store with no problems.

Varion

Mine still says processing on Apple's site. Should I call my bank?
If it just says processing order I'd leave it, judging by the thread most people's haven't gone on to preparing for dispatch yet. I had a big red message saying "We are unable to obtain an authorisation for your order. Please ensure your card provider is aware of your order, as we will continue to seek authorisation." at the top of the order page before though. If you have that then I definitely would.

Anno

AT&T puts my shipment estimate at 9/23-10/02 Not the worst, but I'm impatient and have a held phone from Apple that would come at launch. If I call AT&T will they cancel the current order?

Squalor

Are you guys sure your cards have been charged?

Maybe it's just a hold for now, which does not reflect in your balance.
AT&T puts my shipment estimate at 9/23-10/02 Not the worst, but I'm impatient and have a held phone from Apple that would come at launch. If I call AT&T will they cancel the current order?
Yes, you can call AT&T and have them cancel the pre-order.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
If it just says processing order I'd leave it, judging by the thread most people's haven't gone on to preparing for dispatch yet. I had a big red message saying "We are unable to obtain an authorisation for your order. Please ensure your card provider is aware of your order, as we will continue to seek authorisation." at the top of the order page before though. If you have that then I definitely would.

Nope, mine just says "Processing Items Delivers: 9/19 by Standard Shipping." No red text.

I've had issues in the past where my credit card company blocks an order because they thought the card/number was stolen, but they had supposedly fixed that already. Just being a little paranoid I guess. I'll wait and see what happens. :)

YaGaMi

Upgraded to IPhone 6 16GB Space grey on EE. Was waiting for over 1 hour in the morning but decided to call back at 2pm and got through after half hour wait.

The wait time is up to 30 days but does that mean I might get it on launch day?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I don't think they realized what the demand would be for a 5.5 iPhone. It's definitely exacerbated by the 5.5 having better battery life and OIS.

Cornbread78

Not sure if anyone posted it yet, but Wal-Mart starts their pre-order lists today when each stores Connection Center Opens up. The phones launch on the 19th at each store based on those pre-orders... I just read that at work last night as it was the first communication we received....

It's only for the standard iPhone 6, not the XL model.

Just quoted for a new page for those you running into issues. If you are eligible for an upgrade with ATT/Verizon (and other local carriers depending on the store) here is another shot.

I don't think they realized what the demand would be for a 5.5 iPhone. It's definitely exacerbated by the 5.5 having better battery life and OIS.

The battery life was the dealbreaker.

Personally I'd rather the 4.7 form factor and have the device be a little bit thicker to accommodate a larger battery. But I'll take the 5.5 if need be. If I gotta wait, I'll wait.

Ovid

How quickly do you guys/gals fill up 16gb?
Trying to justify my 64gb iPhone 6 purchase.
I currently have 8GB on my iPhone. I stream 90% of my music. Pics and vids are automatically synced (CameraSync) to cloud storage. I don't play video games on my device either.

Hasney

How quickly do you guys/gals fill up 16gb?
Trying to justify my 64gb iPhone 6 purchase.

I had a 64gb iPhone 4S before I switched to the Galaxy S4. I managed to fill that quite quickly and had to get conservative on music, but even then you could probably fill it with some games quite quick.

Don't forget, the 16GB also includes the OS, so it's not all space you can use.

Mdot

Called AT&T to check the status. "Due to high call volume, your call cannot be taken. Try again later". Bullshit response; not even an option to wait on the line for the next rep or an estimate.

MCasey

Personally I'd rather the 4.7 form factor and have the device be a little bit thicker to accommodate a larger battery. But I'll take the 5.5 if need be. If I gotta wait, I'll wait.

I'm interested in reading about the real life testing of the iPhone 6 plus battery.

HUELEN10

It kinda scares me though, me and the other small phone fans; what if they get the wrong message and not even bother with sub 5 inch phones in the future?

Ovid

The battery in the 6+ is said to be 30% better than the 6. I'm interested to see real world performance of the 6+.

The deal breaker for me was that Vita pic. I don't care how good the battery is.

Top Bottom