• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

HUELEN10

About to orderer a Spigen cae through Amazon. Standard (cheapest) shipping says "-get it Wednesday, Sept. 17", this is what I want, right?

Well I finally got my shipping dates for the 6's I ordered on att last night. 9/17/2014-9/18/2014 expected arrival 9.19.2014.

I got the last confirmation email at like 1am this morning it seems. then the one with shipping dates like at 4. Seems like it is moving along.

Ordered through AT&T @ 12:30.

I got a call from my CC company that my card was declined. Apparently AT&T used their own address and not mine as the billing address and Chase declined it. They're working to resolve it but wow is that annoying - did this happen to anyone else? The CC rep said it happened to multiple people on the phone.

Also, for my other order (iPhone 6+), it shows ship date as Halloween :/ I put that in at 12:30.

That iPhone box is going to look mighty fine on your front porch, haha.

Looks as though you're about to cancel this pre-order and wait in line early Friday morning.

No. I live in mid rise so it will get held inside. I ordered within 1st fucking hour and email said 19th. Fucking assholes.

Eiolon

I guess I'm going to have to go into a store. I've tried ordering both on Apple and AT&T and neither are giving me options to keep my unlimited data.

Hasney

If those benchmarks are legit, I wouldn't be shocked if the Plus scores quite a bit higher. You can get away with better heat in there, so I wonder if that small form factor has hit a limit for now until some new CPU innovation.

People who were successful with an order through the Apple Store with a pick up date of 9/19. Have you been charged yet? I got my confirmation email and my order shows up in my Apple account as "processing items" but I haven't been charged yet. Does that normally happen when it actually ships to the store? I assume I'm fine because I have email confirmation and all that stuff, just wondering if others have been charged yet.

Servbot24

Banned
All I got from Sprint was the initial order confirmation email and then an hour later I got an email saying they charged my card. Hoping that's a good sign that I will get my phone next Friday. Guess we will see.

Nothing about ship estimate yet though.

Hmm, I'm still waiting on the payment confirmation and it's been a few hours. Gonna have to wait a while for my phone I think.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Just got back from Best Buy, got my iPhone 6 64gb Space Grey preordered and a $50 gift card for doing so :)

Almost everyone in line was turned away and mad though when they announced they would not be taking any Plus preorders at all.

HUELEN10

Just got back from Best Buy, got my iPhone 6 64gb Space Grey preordered and a $50 gift card for doing so :)

Almost everyone in line was turned away and mad though when they announced they would not be taking any Plus preorders at all.

50 USD gift card?

Suppose you pre-order and change your mind, do you keep it? A friend on Verizon might want to know this!

Xamdou

Wow they are offering a $50 gift card with the 6?

Squalor

After much deliberation i'm going 6+ contract free #yolo
giphy.gif

JDeluis

They give you a promo card? How would you apply the card to the already purchased iphone 6?

Might only work if done at AT&T retail store.

In AT&T-owned retail stores will receive instantly value as a private label AT&T Promotion Card (“Card”) issued by MetaBank™ or CenterState Bank of Florida NA, via license from Visa U.S.A. Inc.Card may only be used toward purchases of AT&T products & services in AT&T owned retail stores, at att.com, or to pay wireless bill.

rude

Banned

Do you have to pay up front @ Best Buy? Might want to preorder one for my Dad.

ringlord

I figured the 64GB versions might be scarce since I expected them to be more popular this time around due to the 4x memory increase for $100. But the delivery times for the 16 GB 6 is 10/7, but you can still get a 64GB or 128GB for delivery on 9/19.

Maybe Apple just produced more of the higher memory versions.

Edit: delivery dates taken from Verizon's website.

Flo_Evans

Who knew people wanted larger phones? Certainly not Apple.

Clearly people like them. I wonder how much of their resistance was jobs personal preference.

All the new stuff is like "hey we will make a million versions for everyone" vs the old style "this is the best size for a phone"

They also might have sold 10 times as many iPhone 6's as iPhone 6+'s.

"Sold Out" is meaningless without knowing how many they planned to ship.

True.

Xamdou

I figured the 64GB versions might be scarce since I expected them to be more popular this time around due to the 4x memory increase for $100. But the delivery times for the 16 GB 6 is 10/7, but you can still get a 64GB or 128GB for delivery on 9/19.

Maybe Apple just produced more of the higher memory versions.

I certainly hope that they produced more of the 128GB versions so I can my Golden Iphone 6+ at launch!

Ovid

i don't think people are buying it just because its larger.. if the 6 had the same features as the plus would people still go for the bigger phone?
What better features? Bigger screen, better battery and optical stabilization?

Were there any others?

Top Bottom