• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

a916

That's some slimy practice by all Canadian carriers... especially Rogers. To get an iPhone 6 they want me to drop my $65 6GB plan for an $80 plan that offers me 500MB.

Why on god's green earth would I want to pay more for less?!

fawaz

Banned
If it looks like this (GSM), you are good to go! Just put in that nano SIM!
c5eLsl4.png

Thanks. The GSM part confused me a little.

HUELEN10

That's some slimy practice by all Canadian carriers... especially Rogers. To get an iPhone 6 they want me to drop my $65 6GB plan for an $80 plan that offers me 500MB.

Why on god's green earth would I want to pay more for less?![
Well, you do want that iPhone 6, don't you?

Seriously that sucks.

Enzom21

What the fuck are you supposed to do with 500MB?!

Xamdou

I am under a 10GB family plan and when I read my ATT receipt for my Iphone 6+ it says:

Code:
[B]AT&T Mobile Share(R) 1GB with Unlimited Talk & Text[/B]

What kind bs plan is this yo?

HUELEN10

Thanks. The GSM part confused me a little.
Yep, you're good to go; can't wait to take out the Nano SIM out of my 3GS to use it on my iPhone 6!

What I wanna know is if this model also works on all bands of ATT's GSM network, just in case a good MVNO pops up in the future...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I had this problem with Sprint a while back. Years ago, I guess. They unilaterally switched my plan from a great plan to a plan that cost more money and had less minutes/data. When I called them to ask why I was switched, they said "well, you called and requested it." So I replied, "are you saying that I called you and said, 'Please charge me more money and give me fewer minutes and a smaller data plan'? That's seriously what I did?" I never did get it switched back, but left Sprint shortly thereafter.

Yup. That's why I had to buy direct, happened with the 4s when it launched, happening now.
It's rogers tactics to kick people off the old plans. Cheapest 6gb plan is 120$

Eiolon

Try the Apple Store app - it let me order and keep my unlimited data plan. Downside is that it said the order was interrupted at the end, and to wait for a confirmation email to see if the order went through. Haven;t gotten anything, so not sure if the order worked. annoying..

I don't have another Apple product to do this with. Just my Galaxy Note 2 and a PC.

808life

Banned
Now my order is pending shipping. I have no if it got cancelled. What the fuck is going

Call them up. I submitted a cancellation on the site last night, woke up still showed. Gave them a call, lady looked up my account canceled ordered. It disappeared within minutes after phone call. This was with AT&T btw.

Call them up. I submitted a cancellation on the site last night, woke up still showed. Gave them a call, lady looked up my account canceled ordered. It disappeared within minutes after phone call. This was with AT&T btw.

I did. Rep said order was still in but their system is 6-8 hours behind she said.

Husker86

My Apple.com order from 7am this morning got processed faster than my AT&T premier order from 2:30am last night.

My premier order just auto cancelled since I'm not eligible (since Apple order took over my AT&T Next upgrade).

I've been trying to cancel my AT&T order so this is good; I just found it funny.

Mdot

Which number did you call? I've had no luck getting through to any and I'm in the same boat where I cancelled but didn't get a confirmation and the order is still showing up, while my Apple order is billed and done.

Which number did you call? I've had no luck getting through to any and I'm in the same boat where I cancelled but didn't get a confirmation and the order is still showing up, while my Apple order is billed and done.

Main order line. Their system is fucked right now.

Mobius 1

I managed to order the 6, but also have a reservation code for a plus... I wonder if I should cancel/replace... And if it won't go wrong and leave me empty handed.

Husker86

Read my post above yours. Did you do an "upgrade" for both orders? If so, you AT&T one should cancel I think.

I was in the same boat as you where clicking "cancel preorder" just kicked me back to the "Enter order number" page. Just got the email saying they cancelled since I wasn't eligible.

LCfiner

some people I know at work who tried to get iphone 5s’s or other updates recently have come across this. I think I know 3 people who had issues trying to renew existing contracts and also buy iPhones or flagship android phones at advertised prices.

it’s the move from 3 year to 2 year contracts. you need a more expensive minimum priced plan (typically $70) to get the advertised upgrade price on the phone. it used to be you could get upgrade pricing with minimum $50 plans cuz they had you looked for 3 years.

HUELEN10

LCfiner, are you sure you didn't flub that post? THREE year contracts?!?!? Jesus Christ, and I thought we had it bad...

I KNOW! Especially with an LTE/4G phone.

Did you buy from Apple then? Or did you tell Rogers you wanted an unlocked phone?
Straight to apple this time. I know people who claim they're getting unlocked phones and aren't getting their plans touched. I have my doubts.

808life

Banned

The 611 number. I called them at around 7:45am pacific time.

I am under a 10GB family plan and when I read my ATT receipt for my Iphone 6+ it says:

Code:
[B]AT&T Mobile Share(R) 1GB with Unlimited Talk & Text[/B]

What kind bs plan is this yo?

Called an ATT rep about that cause I'm also on a 10gb shared plan with my wife. They basically said when you add that phone to your existing plan that your existing plan will override the 1gb plan.

Squalor

LCfiner, are you sure you didn't flub that post? THREE year contracts?!?!? Jesus Christ, and I thought we had it bad...
Two-year contracts wouldn't ever have been so bad if phone companies didn't also charge you to change your phone. It's kind of ridiculous.

At least some U.S. companies are getting away from upgrade fees.
Groovy, thanks.
The hold just makes sure Apple gets its money. The hold isn't reflected in your balance or charge until the item ships, which is when the hold becomes a transaction.

Mdot

Read my post above yours. Did you do an "upgrade" for both orders? If so, you AT&T one should cancel I think.

I was in the same boat as you where clicking "cancel preorder" just kicked me back to the "Enter order number" page. Just got the email saying they cancelled since I wasn't eligible.

Yea I did the same. Saw your post after mine.

just got through though with att so hoping this clears it up

LCfiner

yeah, i did. we had 3 year contracts, CRTC (gov’t body) got contracts reduced to 2 years, but phone companies increased minimum plans in order to get the same subsidy in shorter time.

I will NEVER go on another subsidized plan with a Canadian carrier to save a few hundred dollars on any phone. I got out of my 3 year Rogers contract earlier this year and am buying an unlocked 6. I'll just stick with my current Rogers service plan (as crappy as it is it's still a much better deal than what they're offering on their new revamped 2 year plans). I'll just flex it over to another carrier when I can find a better deal. I paid a premium for my new phone but the freedom is more than worth it.

The government's legislation last year to do away with mandatory 3 year plans was a noble effort. Of course, the big 3 responded by offering worse rates over a shorter period. The Canadian cellular industry is easily among the slimiest on the planet.

yodandy

About to process an order for a space gray 64gig iphone6 (non plus).

ATT says: Your Apple iPhone 6 - 64GB – Space Gray will ship in 21-35 business days.

Damnit! I thought these were in lower demand and people we're looking at day 1?

HUELEN10

About to process an order for a space gray 64gig iphone6 (non plus).

ATT says: Your Apple iPhone 6 - 64GB – Space Gray will ship in 21-35 business days.

Damnit! I thought these were in lower demand and people we're looking at day 1?
Try Apple first?

Been trying to contact Apple Customer Service this whole morning either via phone or chat to confirm my order early this morning via the Apple Store App, especially since I can't even view my order online. Seems like it's jammed.

I got an e-mail confirmation and everything once I completed my order (even my card was charged) but now I can't see anything.

Geez. =(

Xamdou

Called an ATT rep about that cause I'm also on a 10gb shared plan with my wife. They basically said when you add that phone to your existing plan that your existing plan will override the 1gb plan.

So there is no need to worry then?

Also is this charge on the 5 normal?
Code:
For iPhone on LTE	$40.00
Service Discount	-$5.00

HUELEN10

There definitely should have been an option for a five-icon-wide vertical home screen.
While I disagree (odd-number columns, really?), just give the jailbreak scene a little time; they've done it prior, and if/once this thing get s a Jailbreak, I would be shocked if it wouldn't be one of the first tweaks.

muteki

Been trying to contact Apple Customer Service this whole morning either via phone or chat to confirm my order early this morning via the Apple Store App, especially since I can't even view my order online. Seems like it's jammed.

I got an e-mail confirmation and everything once I completed my order (even my card was charged) but now I can't see anything.

Geez. =(
I was able to get back in and check order status a minute ago.

Top Bottom