• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Akim

Banned
I ordered on Verizon online last night at 11:55 and my order is expected to ship October 14. Wtf is up with that?

fwpx

I went with this one.

0xlEMT8l.jpg

Branding isn't as bad, and I really like the utility of storing my cards in my phone case. Been doing that since 4S.

Cant decide between this and:

iph-1201-blk-function.jpg

Ramma2

Anyone able to check order status on Apple's site? Every time I click on it I get something went wrong with your request.

I got an email with a confirmation #.

It might take a while. I ordered with At&t and didn't get mine till a couple hours ago. if you wrote down the order number you can call and check on the progress. Also I think they can track the order by the cell phone number used to upgrade.

Alright, guess I will just wait for the email then because I foolish didn't write down the confirmation number.

In the fine print it says that you will get the trade-in credit instantly if you go to the AT&T retail store. It's definitely a deal I'm going to check out to see if I'm eligible with my grandfathered unlimited plan. I have an old 4 and a 4s laying around.

Hmmm, I ordered online via AT&T and my girlfriend has an iphone 4 as her current phone. I hope I can go to a retail store and get the credit of 200 for it. That is better than what Amazon is offering and far better than dealing with craigslist sales.

Looking at the geekbench leaked scores and this i think the performance will be the same as 5S bumped just enough to compensate for the larger screen size. It will interesting to see the scores for the 6+

fwpx

I haven't been able to check my order status on Verizon since I ordered, but the Email says BY October 7th for my 6+. Ordered my wifes 6, will be here in a week. *shake fist*

Squalor

any good deals when it comes to sprint? I got a 4s and an upgrade option how much would I get?
Sprint will offer $200 if you trade in a 4S for an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus.

Sprint is also offering an iPhone for Life plan, which is interesting for people who plan to stick with iPhones for the foreseeable future.

riotous

Banned
Guess it's safe to say the Plus was the hot item . Apple store still has regular Iphone 6's in stock for 9/19 delivery.

It's not really safe to say unless we know the production numbers of both devices.

Considering all of the rumors of production problems; I think it's much safer to say there were far less iPhone 6+'s available than iPhone 6's personally.

I mean.. OUYA sold out in hours too ;)

hitsugi

Wow. I'm wondering if the incremental screen and camera upgrades would be worth going for this over the 5s at this point. Or waiting to see what the next Nexus device does

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
What am I looking at again?
A very small bump in gaming performance between 5S and 6. Relative to number of pixels to render, 5S would be a faster gaming machine according that. Not that it's a big deal IMO, and regular 5 still works amazingly well with any game I tried it with, so 2x that performance is fine. Also, it's not like other phones higher on the list offer any significant performance boost either. The best one is only 20% better than iPhone 6, and with probably even bigger resolution to render.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
A very small bump in gaming performance between 5S and 6. Relative to number of pixels to render, 5S would be a faster gaming machine according that. Not that it's a big deal IMO, and regular 5 still works amazingly well with any game I tried it with, so 2x that performance is fine. Also, it's not like other phones higher on the list offer any significant performance boost either. The best one is only 20% better than iPhone 6, and with probably even bigger resolution to render.

So is that an official test? Did the site receive a device early?

Sprint will offer $200 if you trade in a 4S for an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus.

Sprint is also offering an iPhone for Life plan, which is interesting for people who plan to stick with iPhones for the foreseeable future.

Nice! I just found out that they got some unlimited plan for 50 dollars for the iphone 6

Servbot24

Banned
Did anyone who ordered through Sprint get a processing confirmation email? I got the "now processing your order" email but wasn't sure if I should expect another one with a more firm shipping estimation.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
So is that an official test? Did the site receive a device early?
Could be one of those guys in China who already reviewed the phone on youtube. I think anyone can run that benchmark, as long as you jailbreak. Or it could be faked result, as I'm not sure if latest iOS8 release is even jailbreakable yet.

HUELEN10

For those commenting about the gap not being wide between 5S and 6... Do you have a 5S?

Why would anyone with a 5S get a 6? I don't understand people that get a new phone every year, every 2 year makes perfect sense to me.

ringlord

6 Plus production numbers were likely lower. There were all those rumors reporting production issues on the larger phone. It was something of a surprise when they turned out to be shipping the same day.

Real reason for my post:

So I had a hard time figuring out how to get the plan I want. My wife has an Verizon iPhone 5, but I'm picking up my first this launch. So I want to add another single line plan ($60 for unlimited talk/text, +2GB data), because that's cheaper than going for the MORE Everything plan.

I could not do this via Apple's website or via Verizon's website, even though Verizon prominently displays this offer on their site.

So I finally called the nearest Verizon store and told them what I wanted. They had me signed up and pre-ordered for the iPhone 6 64GB in about 3 minutes. Very easy. It will ship to their store on 9/19.

Are they trying to hide this deal or something? It's a full-page promotion on Verizon's site, so it's not being hidden very well.

Cuphead

Banned
For those commenting about the gap not being wide between 5S and 6... Do you have a 5S?

Why would anyone with a 5S get a 6? I don't understand people that get a new phone every year, every 2 year makes perfect sense to me.

I am, love me a shiny new phone.

my 5s has never had a hiccup so close benchmarks aren't really worrying me.

fwpx

I use 2 things in my life every single day: My phone and my computer. I always keep my phone up to date, because I like speed and iteration on something that I am very used to. Same with my PC. It's a personal choice. And I've found, like politics and sports, no one is ever going to convince the other that they're wrong on this, so it's best to just ignore it. :)

ZeroX03

Banned

I want the bigger screen and better battery life of the 6 Plus. I've wanted the bigger screen for a long, long time.

Wubby

Got my 128GB 6+ pre-ordered at a local Softbank shop today. Don't know how many they will get in on launch day though so i may have to wait.

Playing around with my cardboard cutout I realized it felt familiar. 10 years ago or so I had a Sidekick II. Length and width wise the 6+ is a bit bigger but its more than half as thin as that old Sidekick. I lived with that huge thing in my pocket just fine for two years so I'll be okay with the Plus. Still the Plus isn't the largest phone I've had... wish I kept my old 90's cell phones.

Squalor

yeah could be
Call your bank/card company.

I know when I have a hold on my Bank of America account, it shows up at the top of my transactions, but separated by a divider because the amount isn't factored into my approved and pending transactions.

It may show the full hold amount, but that doesn't mean it has taken your money.

I am, love me a shiny new phone.

my 5s has never had a hiccup so close benchmarks aren't really worrying me.

my only concern is that this doesnt become the iPad 3 (which i owned) which in many instances performed worse than the iPad 2 (which I also owned) due to be an incremental bumped accompanied with a retina display.

If the A8 is just a slightly upped and smaller chip A7 then any iOS 8.x feature which requires even a hint of performance will suffer especially those who would have the phone for 2 years and it would take a phone like 6S to adjust to those features. I am just hoping the phone I ordered the 6S has better benchmarks

Xamdou

Ok guys finally ordered the Golden Iphone 6+ 5.5" 128GB from att.com. Took all night to decide but I am happy with my decision!

Cuphead

Banned
And did you own a 5 before a 5S? I really don't understand why people do this, even if you have the money on hand, it seems like an incredible waste.

Yes, I had a 4, then a 5, 5s, now 6
I've gotten upgrade price every time it's not like im buying these off contract.

Yeah maybe a waste, but almost every single thing we buy isn't necessary.

Runus

Did anyone who ordered through Sprint get a processing confirmation email? I got the "now processing your order" email but wasn't sure if I should expect another one with a more firm shipping estimation.

All I got from Sprint was the initial order confirmation email and then an hour later I got an email saying they charged my card. Hoping that's a good sign that I will get my phone next Friday. Guess we will see.

Nothing about ship estimate yet though.

Interfectum

I use 2 things in my life every single day: My phone and my computer. I always keep my phone up to date, because I like speed and iteration on something that I am very used to. Same with my PC. It's a personal choice. And I've found, like politics and sports, no one is ever going to convince the other that they're wrong on this, so it's best to just ignore it. :)

Yeah, while I don't upgrade every year I told someone else the same thing the other day. I never cheap out on my smartphone purchase. That is one device that I use every day for multiple reasons (work, web, email, games, music, ebooks, calendar, alarm clock, etc) so I will always buy the best version I can for my needs.

ciD_Vain

I really hope my order went through :/ I was able to place my order without any problems whatsoever as soon as it struck midnight; it even said it will arrive on the 19th but I have yet to get the confirmation email from Verizon.

Top Bottom