• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

subrock

Fuck I thought I'd wake up and see the order status move to less than 3-4 weeks, nope.

So when I ordered I had been hitting refresh on the apple site for about 90 minutes, while at the same time hitting the SIM-free button in the app over and over, and only then did I get one rare moment to order a 64gb space grey plus.

My question is, did Apple process a lot of orders this way, and just ended up selling out? Or was this model supply constrained from the start and estimates were always at 3-4 weeks? I find it really amazing that the Apple Store never actually came up and already the ship times on that model had slipped. I was able to see the short ship time a few times on the 128gb but that is just so unnecessary imo

muteki

Order status on apple.com store is all sorts of broke.
Who is going caseless?
Never. Over the course of 2 years I drop my phone a few times, and even if the screen doesn't shatter you are guaranteed to leave permanent damage to the casing.

Dany

Banned
I am, of course and as always.

This guy!

Don't want to cover up any of my sexy phone.
Cases take away all the feeling tbh.

I always go without protection.

Have since the iPhone 3g days.

Fist bump to everyone!

psych-shawn-gus-fist-bumps.gif

Corgi

Banned
any at&t folks get lucky with a ship date for 6+ for next week?

ordered at 3:13am est and mine says

Shipping Date: 10/31/14 - 11/11/14*

hope its placeholder...

btw: anyone find any glass screen protectors for 6+ on sale yet?

NoPiece

I guess I'm going to have to go into a store. I've tried ordering both on Apple and AT&T and neither are giving me options to keep my unlimited data.

Try the Apple Store app - it let me order and keep my unlimited data plan. Downside is that it said the order was interrupted at the end, and to wait for a confirmation email to see if the order went through. Haven;t gotten anything, so not sure if the order worked. annoying..

What in the fuck? I tried to click cancel link on premiere page and it just redirects to add my order number and zip code in. I have no idea if it's cancelled or not and I can't order from apple site either.

Dany

Banned
any at&t folks get lucky with a ship date for 6+ for next week?

ordered at 3:13am est and mine says

Shipping Date: 10/31/14 - 11/11/14*

hope its placeholder...

btw: anyone find any glass screen protectors for 6+ on sale yet?

My 6 order is still for the 19th. ANd i placed my several minutes before midnight because the site was acting up.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Wow they are offering a $50 gift card with the 6?
No, they are offering $50 on ANY 2 year contract signed at Best Buy or Best Buy Mobile store. Its not limited to the 6, but it includes it.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/misc/re...02/pcmcat274000050002.c?id=pcmcat274000050002
*edit* that was last years offer, this years is here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/mobile-...ls/pcmcat293000050015.c?id=pcmcat293000050015 I signed up for it soon as it came up.

Do you have to pay up front @ Best Buy? Might want to preorder one for my Dad.

Best Buy requires a $50 downpayment on the phone, but it goes toward the balance.

50 USD gift card?

Suppose you pre-order and change your mind, do you keep it? A friend on Verizon might want to know this!

I have no clue, This is the 3rd year for the program though, kinda suprised no one else seems to know about it. Its open to everyone.

Deku Tree

Join us in line next Friday, Deku Tree.

I tried to order on Apple's site for "pick up in store" but it wasn't an option in my local store. I am guessing that I would have to get in line the night before and even then no guarantees. My 5S can last me until I get a 6 Plus in the mail... I just hope this doesn't delay my upgrade eligibility for next year...

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, still no email from ATT about my order. And when I log in and check Order Status I get an error saying no orders can be found. I did however get the 1.00 charge on my credit card last night right after I ordered around midnight. I have no idea what's going on.

Toki767

No, they are offering $50 on ANY 2 year contract signed at Best Buy or Best Buy Mobile store. Its not limited to the 6, but it includes it.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/misc/re...02/pcmcat274000050002.c?id=pcmcat274000050002

Best Buy requires a $50 downpayment on the phone, but it goes toward the balance.

I have no clue, This is the 3rd year for the program though, kinda suprised no one else seems to know about it. Its open to everyone.

Well that site says it expired in 2013...

Xamdou

I used my amex so that I can get an extra free warranty for my Iphone 6+.

But under pending charges it shows I am getting TWO $1 pending charges from ATT? Why are there two when I only ordered one phone?

btkadams

Telus offered AppleCare+ for free if I allow my shipment date to be delayed as late as October 15th. Solid deal. I think I'm finally becoming more patient! :D

fawaz

Banned
So thank you to they guy that scared me into staying up until 3 AM to order my iphone. I slept and placed my order 5 minuets ago and my shipping date is the 19th.

Cuphead

Banned
Around my parts, anywhere from 100 to 600 USD; one time, an ex-roomie got a grand.

When I was camping for a Wii back in the day the guy in front of me got a grand for his PS3 spot.

I'm seriously considering doing this now, how early do you usually show up?
(I'm in Chicago)

Me too. Got my email but need that charge.

It's comforting to finally see that someone else is waiting at least.
Made my order at 2:30 central this morning.

Mdot

Went on Apple an hour ago, got a 64GB 6 confirmed with my Unlimited data from AT&T. Received their email, card charged for full amount.

Order from last night on AT&T. Still not estimated date; cancelled on the website and says to expect a confirmation email of said cancellation. No email yet.

Tried calling both the main AT&T line and the Premier line: both say they are too busy to put me in contact with a rep. Total fail.

Now I just want my AT&T order cancelled before they charge me for that since the Apple one looks done and has a delivery date of the 19th.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Man... this T-Mobile situation is properly fucked.

The website hasn't let me proceed to checkout at all.

I went into a nearby T-Mobile store a bit after opening and apparently all of their systems are not working. A guy said he'd call me when they came back up.

Damn.

Draper

Went on Apple an hour ago, got a 64GB 6 confirmed with my Unlimited data from AT&T. Received their email, card charged for full amount.

Order from last night on AT&T. Still not estimated date; cancelled on the website and says to expect a confirmation email of said cancellation. No email yet.

Tried calling both the main AT&T line and the Premier line: both say they are too busy to put me in contact with a rep. Total fail.

Now I just want my AT&T order cancelled before they charge me for that since the Apple one looks done and has a delivery date of the 19th.

How the fuck do you have an eta of 19th when I got mine at 8:30 and says 3-4 weeks?

Tekniqs

Stayed up until 2am waiting on the Apple store. Was still down so I just went to sleep. Woke up around 630 and tried it. Got a silver ip6 64gb out of contract. Being processed and set to ship 9/19

Durask

Ordered from AT&T website at 330am and finally got confirmation email just now

Shipping date is 10/31/14 - 11/11/14

Wow I am happy (NOT).
Might as well just slept through and ordered in the morning.
Woke up at 3 am for nothing.

Top Bottom