• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

So there is no need to worry then?

Also is this charge on the 5 normal?
Code:
For iPhone on LTE	$40.00
Service Discount	-$5.00

I think so. I believe that's the 40$ activation fee. I always ask for that to be credited back to my account it's worked every upgrade so far.

a916

I will NEVER go on another subsidized plan with a Canadian carrier to save a few hundred dollars on any phone. I got out of my 3 year Rogers contract earlier this year and am buying an unlocked 6. I'll just stick with my current Rogers service plan (as crappy as it is it's still a much better deal than what they're offering on their new revamped 2 year plan. I'll just flex it over to another carrier when I can find a better deal. I paid a premium for my new phone but the freedom is more than worth it.

The government's legislation last year to do away with mandatory 3 year plans was a noble effort. Of course, the big 3 responded by offering worse rates over a shorter period. The Canadian cellular industry is easily among the slimiest on the planet.

Absolute garage that all 3 are like that... the Canadian government is completely inept with it comes to this and ISPs

Squalor

While I disagree (odd-number columns, really?), just give the jailbreak scene a little time; they've done it prior, and if/once this thing get s a Jailbreak, I would be shocked if it wouldn't be one of the first tweaks.
You're on a forum with an odd number of columns.

Argument invalid.

Also, I said "option." Why disagree with an option that some people would like? It's just an option, not a default.

Mdot

Finally got through to AT&T. They're cancelling my order, but calling me back with a confirmation once it's complete. Guess they couldn't finish it over the phone. Girl sounded like she was stressed to the max. What a shit show.

Ninja Dom

Another benchmark coming in saying that the GPU on the new iPhone 6 is barely more powerful than the current GPU of the 5S.

Article is from GSMArena website which isn't particularly known for its independent attitude and bias free journalism.

Read HERE, and avoid the Comments section from a rabid bunch of Apple haters.

Addnan

Anyone on EE know if I can do this. Pick up a nano sim tomorrow but keep using my micro sim until next Friday when the phone arrives?

Xamdou

Man, I really want the 5.5 1080p screen. But that thing is just too damn big..

1080P was the main reason I went with the 6+, seriously though the 4.7 should have had that instead of a 720P SMH...

Upgrading from an Iphone 4S to the Iphone 6+... shiet's going to be glorious!!!

Lord almighty. I pre-ordered exactly at 3:00 am eastern on att website since apple was down, and yet I have a 1 month delay on the 128 gb/ 5.5 inch model. That sucks. Preorder was a mess this year.

I was able to get back in and check order status a minute ago.
I've been getting a 'Something went wrong with your request. Please try again later.' message online this whole morning when trying to view my order onilne.

I also get a 'The information you entered does not match our records. Please try again.' message when using the Single Order Lookup option.

So yeah, I think something is up...but can't even get to anybody to talk about it. =(

Edit: chat is totally shut down now.

Okay, my Apple Store order still says delivery is between Oct 1-6, but ships in 7-10 days. Got my order in at 3:45 this morning. Any chance this gets bumped up to launch day?

kingocfs

Lord almighty. I pre-ordered exactly at 3:00 am eastern on att website since apple was down, and yet I have a 1 month delay on the 128 gb/ 5.5 inch model. That sucks. Preorder was a mess this year.

The 5.5 was rumored to be coming out as late as the end of the year for a while, so no doubt the supply is ridiculously constrained. As someone already mentioned, last year the gold 5S went through the same nonsense.

Mdot

Okay, my Apple Store order still says delivery is between Oct 1-6, but ships in 7-10 days. Got my order in at 3:45 this morning. Any chance this gets bumped up to launch day?

Which model? Seems like the 6+ is the one that is taking longer while the 6 is in greater supply.

Interfectum

I'm in the same boat man.

Ordered as soon as I could at 3:00am on ATT site (128gb, 5.5) and I'm stuck with "Expected Ship Date: 10/31/2014 To 11/11/2014"

I guess my question is has anyone ordered from ATT in the past and run into a situation where the ship date was way off but they got it at launch?

Xamdou

Which model? Seems like the 6+ is the one that is taking longer while the 6 is in greater supply.

I've noticed that Bestbuy didn't even do preorders for the 6.5... did anyone here able to get the 6.5 with 9/19 release day delivery?

ZeroX03

Banned
I'd like option of five columns. Would look much tighter. Also prefer to only have 2 rows of apps so more horizontal space would be great. I do not want to jailbreak as it has always lead to a loss in performance for me.

While I disagree (odd-number columns, really?), just give the jailbreak scene a little time; they've done it prior, and if/once this thing get s a Jailbreak, I would be shocked if it wouldn't be one of the first tweaks.

Your weirdness never ceases to amuse me.

Squalor

Another benchmark coming in saying that the GPU on the new iPhone 6 is barely more powerful than the current GPU of the 5S.

Article is from GSMArena website which isn't particularly known for its independent attitude and bias free journalism.

That's the same source that someone posted four or five pages ago, though...

I think so. I believe that's the 40$ activation fee. I always ask for that to be credited back to my account it's worked every upgrade so far.

That's the price of the phone having access to the network I believe. The discount is for teh data plan. Ex. if you have 10gb mobile share and have Next your discount will read 25 dollars since it is 15 dollars to have the phone on the plan. If you haev less data the discount is less. Which is why his show's $5

The activation fee should be waived if on next

woen

iPhone 6 black@64go pre-ordered for free this morning and I'll pick it up when I'm available next friday. It's the first time I buy an iPhone day one but I'm pretty excited to upgrade my "old" iPhone 5 with a bigger screen, thinner smartphone, LTE (!) with Touch ID and other small improvements.

iPhone 6 black@64go pre-ordered for free this morning and I'll pick it up when I'm available next friday. It's the first time I buy an iPhone day one but I'm pretty excited to upgrade my "old" iPhone 5 with a bigger screen, thinner smartphone, LTE (!) with Touch ID and other small improvements.

doesn't the 5 have lte already?

Corgi

Banned
curious how crashy 6 is. wasn't too impressed with the A7 devices.

my retina mini still crashes out of apps too much

WOW!
yTInN5e.png

Anything less would've been a disappointed.

Also, I never understood pre-ordering through major carriers and Apple. Target, RadioShack, and BestBuy all have pre-orders available too. I've always gotten my iPhones on lunch day hassle free from them.

Squalor

Also, I never understood pre-ordering through major carriers and Apple. Target, RadioShack, and BestBuy all have pre-orders available too. I've always gotten my iPhones on lunch day hassle free from them.
That's cool.

Some of us live in highly populated areas, though.

HUELEN10

Problem with Target is that they are wishy washy with their stock, even on launch day, and the problem with them and the others is no options for T-mo and unlocked handsets, something a lot of us need. That being said, you are right; they are options that can suit quite a few that often go overlooked. It's always worth a try!

Interfectum

curious how crashy 6 is. wasn't too impressed with the A7 devices.

my retina mini still crashes out of apps too much

I don't think it has much to do with the A7 chip in terms of faulty hardware. The jump to 64-bit caused a lot of apps to become unstable as some of the engines or assets in the game weren't/aren't compatible with 64-bit architecture causing them to crash or do weird shit.

ZeroAKA

I just did a few calculations and found out that the 18-month AT&T Next plan is surprisingly close to my previous 2-year contract plan in the long run. A bit late to the party, but I'll be fine as long as my phone arrives before Thanksgiving.

LCfiner

It's kind of bullshit if they're combining iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus pre-orders.

pretty sure they did the same last year and combined 5S and 5C model sales. so this year’s claims of “most ever preorders" can be directly compared to last year’s…

i cancelled my order. How long till i get a confirmation email? I ordered through at&t. I can't even cancel the leather case from apple.com

A complete clusterfuck. Its 2 pm est and that site is still jacked. Ill get this phone in 2 months or so.

Are any AT&T shipments arriving on the 19th?

The 2 I ordered are scheduled for the 19th. Ordered at 12am on the dot...>.> maybe a tad bit before 12

Here's the whole thing:

That's the price of the phone having access to the network I believe. The discount is for teh data plan. Ex. if you have 10gb mobile share and have Next your discount will read 25 dollars since it is 15 dollars to have the phone on the plan. If you have less data the discount is less. Which is why his show's $5

The activation fee should be waived if on next

giga

These aren't off screen comparisons, so it's hard to get an objective view of the performance increase. Take it with a grain. Also, in this performance range, don't bother comparing basemark x medium scores. Drill down to the high benchmark, which is more challenging for these gpus.

Top Bottom