• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

rude

Banned
Just got back from Best Buy. Got the last 16GB in stock (I don't need the extra space..Barely used the space on my 32 GB 4S). Half the line went home after they said they weren't selling the plus. An old lady started swearing at the employees. Mess.

Xamdou

The 2 I ordered are scheduled for the 19th. Ordered at 12am on the dot...>.> maybe a tad bit before 12

That's the price of the phone having access to the network I believe. The discount is for teh data plan. Ex. if you have 10gb mobile share and have Next your discount will read 25 dollars since it is 15 dollars to have the phone on the plan. If you have less data the discount is less. Which is why his show's $5

The activation fee should be waived if on next

I don't have next, I am under the 2 year contract.

LCfiner

Just got back from Best Buy. Got the last 16GB in stock (I don't need the extra space..Barely used the space on my 32 GB 4S). Half the line went home after they said they weren't selling the plus. An old lady started swearing at the employees. Mess.

omg. was that awkward or amazing?

Hahaha. Takes me back to my retail days during my youth. Fuck. People can turn to savages for the dumbest shit.

Dead

well not really...yet
So I pussied out

Got the space grey 64GB regular 6.

Ill wait on the larger size til they can hopefully shrink the bezel a bit more.

Also didn't wanna wait 40 days lol

Rpgmonkey

Well AT&T is being vague and slow with my order and Apple can apparently still deliver a 6 by the 19th, so I'm going to order it through them instead and try to get AT&T to cancel the one I made. :/

Hahaha. Takes me back to my retail days during my youth. Fuck. People can turn to savages for the dumbest shit.

One thing I like and don't like about working retail - People. They can make or break your day.

Is it a deal to even consider getting a Iphone 6 NonPlus 16GB and trading in my 4S 16GB for 200 dollars towards it?

knitoe

Wow. It's getting ridiculous. Ordered 2x 128GB 6+ within minutes of each other through ATT. 1st one ~11:55PST, Gray date 10/13-21. Next, Silver 11/09-11/27. Lesson learned. Don't let ATT fuck you next time.

noomi

- iPhone 128GB Space Gray Ordered...check
- Extra lightning connecters....check
- Spigen case....check

I am so ready for next Friday :D

I don't have next, I am under the 2 year contract.

That is still the price to have the phone on the network. 40 on contract. You got a discount for something. Do you have more then one phone on your plan? If so that might be the discount for mobile share and multiple phones. if you only have just yours not sure what the discount is for but the 40 is the price of the phone to have access to AT&T network.

4.7" models?

Yeah
1 iPhone 6 128gb Space Gray
1 iPhone 6 128gb Gold

Xamdou

That is still the price to have the phone on the network. 40 on contract. You got a discount for something. Do you have more then one phone on your plan? If so that might be the discount for mobile share and multiple phones. if you only have just yours not sure what the discount is for but the 40 is the price of the phone to have access to AT&T network.

Yeah
1 iPhone 6 128gb Gold

I see, thanks!

LordCanti

I pre-ordered online at AT&T last night and just got $200 for an old, barely usable iPhone 4 at the AT&T store with their new promo and without having to cancel my pre-order and re-do it.

I'm now a bit less annoyed at my 11:55 order being listed as shipping in October.

kneePat

I've noticed that Bestbuy didn't even do preorders for the 6.5... did anyone here able to get the 6.5 with 9/19 release day delivery?

It seems like people in the UK certainly did, but I feel all this means since the demand is so high that the next batches for them will be extremely delayed.

I think Apple is a bit shocked that their 4.7 inch model isn't as popular as they thought, and that the 5.5's demand is as high as it is.

Dead

well not really...yet
Fuuuuuuuuck

Checked the tracking info I was given at the ATT store

Preparing to ship

yet the expected date is 10/13 - 10/31

fuck my life

Apath

Does it protect from drop damage? That's what I'm most afraid of.
I think so. One of my friends doesn't use a case but has AppleCare; after a year his phone looks like shit but he just says there is an issue with the headphone port and they give him a "new" one.

You can go to an Apple store and ask someone there. They should be able to answer any questions you have.

kaskade

oops
EDIT: anyone on verizon get charged yet...?

Not yet, I don't think they will until the phone ships. They might do a 1.00 check if it's a new card to make sure it works though.

I ordered over the phone so I don't have any detailed status for my order. Just says the number and a blank spot where the tracking number will be. Email said delivery by the 19th so I should be good.

Cuphead

Banned
Not yet, I don't think they will until the phone ships. They might do a 1.00 check if it's a new card to make sure it works though.

I ordered over the phone so I don't have any detailed status for my order. Just says the number and a blank spot where the tracking number will be. Email said delivery by the 19th so I should be good.

I'm just worried because the billing address on the account and the one associated with the card I used to purchase are two different ones.

Two Words

I'm always astounded how many people break their phones. I get that things happen, but it seems like things happen too much to phones. I always treat mine as expensive and valuable as they are and have never had any problems.

Smidget

I pre-ordered online at AT&T last night and just got $200 for an old, barely usable iPhone 4 at the AT&T store with their new promo and without having to cancel my pre-order and re-do it.

I'm now a bit less annoyed at my 11:55 order being listed as shipping in October.

Was it not cracked? Just old? I really wanna try it once I get the new one delivered. Can't be without a phone :x

-griffy-

Banned
I'm always astounded how many people break their phones. I get that things happen, but it seems like things happen too much to phones. I always treat mine as expensive and valuable as they are and have never had any problems.

Sometimes things happen, sometimes the phones have problems you can't foresee. It can be nice to have that coverage for two full years, and the simplicity of walking into an Apple Store with a phone with a broken sleep button, and walk out with a brand new phone in 5 minutes.

ZeroX03

Banned

I know heaps of people who've damaged/lost their phones while drinking. But in general it can be a person's most used piece of technology, hours a day, the more you use the something the more likely something will eventually go wrong.

I tripped and dropped a phone and the screen cracked. Of course before smartphones there were the Nokias where a 6-foot drop meant nothing.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν

It's odd.

I am actually fairly loose with the handling of my phone. I spin it in my hand regularly when I'm idle (held in place with the friction of my pointer and thumb) and just spin and spin and spin...never drop it.

When it comes to putting the phone down anywhere, the surface must be clear of shit (no crumbs, no gunk, etc) and able to lie flat. And I rest it down.

No case.

...meanwhile I've seen dozens of people on my morning train ride to work drop their phone doing nothing more than taking it out. My in-laws are in some shitty upgrade tango because the adults each broke their phone (technically the mom broke both of them).

Just treat the device with a little respect!

kneePat

Perhaps; I doubt they will separate the breakdown either.

It would be embarrassing for them, especially if they divulge how much they actually made of each model. Even though its painstakingly obvious that they couldn't meet demand for one, and have too much supply for another.

Yeah
1 iPhone 6 128gb Gold

OK. I actually got my 6+ order in before your 6 orders, and it's still coming after 10/13 apparently.

Squalor

Do I have to buy apple care there and then?

IPhone 6 is a get
You have one year to purchase AppleCare on a new product.

Apple products have a one-year limited warranty on them automatically, however.

If you care to purchase AppleCare, you should wait until the end of the default warranty.

kneePat

You have one year to purchase AppleCare on a new product.

Apple products have a one-year limited warranty on them automatically, however.

If you care to purchase AppleCare, you should wait until the end of the default warranty.

AppleCare+ falls under a 30 day window, I believe.

edit: Website says 60 days for iPhone. This means you must buy within the first 60 days, because AppleCare+ is the only AppleCare offered for the iPhone.

Xamdou

At a $79 cost per repair for each accidental damage, to be clear:

• Coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage, (2) each subject to a $79 service fee plus applicable tax

I see... don't see that as a good deal then. I charged with my amex for an extra year of warranty and might check out squaretrade.

Rolling white silicone on my gold plus.

Link? I leaning towards a clear case to show off my Golden 6+ as well!

Should I go AT&T Next plan if I like upgrading every year?

How does upgrading every year work? Do you trade it back in at the end of the year and get a brand spanking new phone?

Top Bottom