• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

-griffy-

Banned
He just said AppleCare, though.

I didn't know he was talking about AppleCare+.

AppleCare+ is the only thing available for iPhones. You actually have 60 days to purchase AppleCare+ after purchasing the phone. If you purchase it after buying the phone, you'll need to schedule a Genius Bar appointment at a retail location so they can inspect the device.

Dart

I'm sure someone has asked this, I just can't find the post.

Do I get charged when pre-order is placed? or once it ships?

ATTN: Sprint people on the SERO Premium 500 plan

My chance to get the 6 Plus on release day is gone so I don't care about it anymore, but I noticed when trying to upgrade via Sprint's website, it says I'll have to change my plan. Did anybody else deal with this? Is this a thing they're going to do now to trying to get those of us left on SERO off of it?

How does upgrading every year work? Do you trade it back in at the end of the year and get a brand spanking new phone?

According to AT&T's website:

Next 12
-Divides the regular price of your smartphone into 20 low monthly installments.
-Trade in your qualified smartphone, upgrade any time after 12 installments, and start over with a new plan.
-Smartphone must be in good physical and fully functional condition.
-Keep your phone and have no further payments after 20 installments.

Dominator

Still no charge from Verizon...

Does anybody know Verizon customer support number where I can talk to someone about my order? I just want to make sure everything is set.

SGRX

ATTN: Sprint people on the SERO Premium 500 plan

My chance to get the 6 Plus on release day is gone so I don't care about it anymore, but I noticed when trying to upgrade via Sprint's website, it says I'll have to change my plan. Did anybody else deal with this? Is this a thing they're going to do now to trying to get those of us left on SERO off of it?

It said the same thing when I upgraded to the 4s and again with the 5s. As long as you have the $40+$10 premium data plan, you won't have to change anything to upgrade. Just make sure to call employee care to activate, as the normal service reps have no clue when it comes to SERO, and can and will fuck up your plan.

This thread on the Sprint community forums basically covers the same issue.

Sobriquet

Went on Apple an hour ago, got a 64GB 6 confirmed with my Unlimited data from AT&T. Received their email, card charged for full amount.

Order from last night on AT&T. Still not estimated date; cancelled on the website and says to expect a confirmation email of said cancellation. No email yet.

Tried calling both the main AT&T line and the Premier line: both say they are too busy to put me in contact with a rep. Total fail.

Now I just want my AT&T order cancelled before they charge me for that since the Apple one looks done and has a delivery date of the 19th.

Same thing for me. How did you cancel your AT&T order? I want release date delivery.

Just cancelled my ATT order and ordered from Apple Store instead. Expected arrival date is 9/19. I feel like an idiot for staying up this morning.

How? :(

Mdot

Same thing for me. How did you cancel your AT&T order? I want release date delivery.

I was eventually able to get in contact with AT&T through their 800 number and the girl took care of it for me. Actually still waiting for the confirmation that it was completed, but she assured me that it would be taken care of and only my order with Apple would stand.

The process has been a royal pain the ass. It took multiple calls and waiting just to get through to somebody. The website was zero help in cancelling through there since there is no immediate feedback of what you actually did.

Sobriquet

I was eventually able to get in contact with AT&T through their 800 number and the girl took care of it for me. Actually still waiting for the confirmation that it was completed, but she assured me that it would be taken care of and only my order with Apple would stand.

The process has been a royal pain the ass. It took multiple calls and waiting just to get through to somebody. The website was zero help in cancelling through there since there is no immediate feedback of what you actually did.

Thanks. I guess It's time for a few more phone calls.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone successfully ordered from T-Mobile, either online or in-store?

I'm trying to figure out if they system ever worked properly since midnight.

The Apple website won't let me change the shipping address due to "AT&T Policy", but apparently I can get it changed if I call Apple support, which right now is an impossible task. Does anyone know if that is true?

Dead

well not really...yet
Just cancelled my ATT order and ordered from Apple Store instead. Expected arrival date is 9/19. I feel like an idiot for staying up this morning.
How did you cancel your att order? Not seeing an option on the site.

Dont want to wait an extra fucking month...

You have to call. It took guy 20 minutes. Then he sat and waited as I verified I was able to order from apple store instead.

Edit: According to ATT site, order is officially cancelled. Their system must be finally recovering.

Squalor

Ordered a 6 but now I'm having regrets.

I sorta want a 6plus.
You could have tried out the iPhone 6lus for a bit, then taken it back within 14 days if you didn't like it.

Though it is likely you would then have to wait for restocks of the iPhone 6.

SGRX

I am scared of pulling the trigger on the 6+....will it be too giant?!?

I was on the fence all week, and wound up deciding to go with the standard 6. The 5.5" screen size is nice, but it isn't worth trading the convenience of one-handed operation for me. If I need more screen real estate, I can just bring a tablet or notebook with me.

Squalor

I am too, do I have to chat/call them?
Yes. I am reading on MacRumors that they will change it if you call, but people have been on hold for hours.
I have dealt with this with AT&T multiple times before, and I have never come out the victor.

In my experiences, AT&T will absolutely not ship iPhones to addresses that aren't the family plan's registered address.

Calling did no good. This is a set-in-stone policy in all of my experiences.

I don't have experience dealing with it this year, but in years past, calling did no good. Maybe they've changed the policy.

I have dealt with this with AT&T multiple times before, and I have never come out the victor.

In my experiences, AT&T will absolutely not ship iPhones to addresses that aren't the family plan's registered address.

Calling did no good. This is a set-in-stone policy in all of my experiences.

I don't have experience dealing with it this year, but in years past, calling did no good. Maybe they've changed the policy.

I'm calling Apple, not AT&T.

DOWN

Banned
My Nexus 5 is pretty damn fast, I'm not even that interested in more speed anymore. I'm still pondering an iPhone 6+ purchase though because I've encountered way more bugs and crashes on android than I ever did on iPhone.

I think I may just wait for people to get them in-hand and we can start learning a lot more about the pros and cons vs other phones. I do think 1GB of ram is pretty pathetic for a flagship phone as we enter 2015.

Not if you pay attention to actually performance and benchmarks running the OS and apps.

Again, a strange effect of Android's spec parties. There's a suggestion that the way Android phones have to throw power in a phone and hope for the best with their third party OS means that on paper specs prove performance differences. Yet iPhones benchmark competitively.

daw840

It's pretty damn big, have you seen the comparison pics?.

I did....that's what scared me. lol

You have access to a printer and scissors?

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14...cker-can-help-you-choose-the-right-size-model

Download the PDF, print it at 100% on normal paper, cut it out, hold it.

Oh! Thanks...I will do this shortly.

I was on the fence all week, and wound up deciding to go with the standard 6. The 5.5" screen size is nice, but it isn't worth trading the convenience of one-handed operation for me. If I need more screen real estate, I can just bring a tablet or notebook with me.

It's less about one handed operation, I have big hands (lol), and more about fitting in the pocket of my jeans comfortably.

Ovid

Has anyone successfully ordered from T-Mobile, either online or in-store?

I'm trying to figure out if they system ever worked properly since midnight.
It wasnt working all morning. I was finally able to preorder from TMobile.com at 10am EST.

DOWN

Banned
Apple has been known all these years for design then this phone happens, the camera pointing out like that ???

Did someone in the design team resign from apple ?

I guess they figured they could make everything but the camera thinner or they could leave the whole thing thicker to keep that small spot flush with the back. In the end, you'd hardly notice the camera as much as a thinner phone overall. It's not like you hold it by there to feel it.

Jomjom

Banned
Has anyone been able to preorder directly from Tmobile at all??

Ordering from the website, I got as far as signing the contract. They even sent me a copy of the signed contract, but then when I hit submit it errored out.

Top Bottom