• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

It said the same thing when I upgraded to the 4s and again with the 5s. As long as you have the $40+$10 premium data plan, you won't have to change anything to upgrade. Just make sure to call employee care to activate, as the normal service reps have no clue when it comes to SERO, and can and will fuck up your plan.

This thread on the Sprint community forums basically covers the same issue.
Thanks for the reply and the help!

So is there anywhere to preorder and get it on release day? Apple Store won't let me order it because of my SERO plan I guess.

I'm stuck with the waiting in line approach if I want it on release day, aren't I?

kaskade

Not if you pay attention to actually performance and benchmarks running the OS and apps.

Again, a strange effect of Android's spec parties. There's a suggestion that the way Android phones have to throw power in a phone and hope for the best with their third party OS means that on paper specs prove performance differences. Yet iPhones benchmark competitively.

It might be different now but I remember seeing how much ram was actually required just for the galaxy to run Touchwiz. My 5s feels super smooth with half the ram.

Ovid

Has anyone been able to preorder directly from Tmobile at all??

Ordering from the website, I got as far as signing the contract. They even sent me a copy of the signed contract, but then when I hit submit it errored out.
Yes, it worked for me.

ATTN: Sprint people on the SERO Premium 500 plan

My chance to get the 6 Plus on release day is gone so I don't care about it anymore, but I noticed when trying to upgrade via Sprint's website, it says I'll have to change my plan. Did anybody else deal with this? Is this a thing they're going to do now to trying to get those of us left on SERO off of it?

the website can be flaky, phone ordering or in-store is better.

suaveric

Hmm.. after reading everyone saying they're canceling their ATT orders I decided to check mine. Are people freaking out because it doesn't say delivery on the 19th? My orders now say delivery from 9/23 to 10/2. But is that even accurate? I feel like last time almost everyone got theirs on release day that preordered on the first day. Or should I be freaking out?

Hmm.. after reading everyone saying they're canceling their ATT orders I decided to check mine. Are people freaking out because it doesn't say delivery on the 19th? My orders now say delivery from 9/23 to 10/2. But is that even accurate? I feel like last time almost everyone got theirs on release day that preordered on the first day. Or should I be freaking out?

Att rep acted like it was accurate. My friend said this happened to him last year and he got it on time just fine. But why risk it?

We really don't know anything at this point as to how accurately ATT's shipping estimates stack up.

ReAxion

I got a reservation number last night and just now found where to enter it.

Got 6/64GB/Space Gray. In Store Pickup 9/19 at the store by my work. Thrillhouse.

ReAxion

If there's a line, do you get to cut it?

I imagine so, since my stock will be different than what people are lining up for. Pickup was not available at the store closer to my house. I wonder if stores were able to opt in or out for this service.

Squalor

I imagine so, since my stock will be different than what people are lining up for. Pickup was not available at the store closer to my house. I wonder if stores were able to opt in or out for this service.
Since your stock is reserved, I figure it wouldn't matter if you had to wait in line, though.

ReAxion

Since your stock is reserved, I figure it wouldn't matter if you had to wait in line, though.

Well I'll be going after work, so the line should be gone by then (?)

I'll make a frowny face if I do have to wait in line. There might be a line just to get a rep to make the sale for me, though. Didn't think of that til just now.

HUELEN10

Guys, something is up at T-Mo.

I just left a corporate store, after inquiring for their new wi-if booster, and they told me they could pre-order any and all models, for 100 down for the plus, an they would ship to your home on the 18th, arriving soon after.

How can this be? I gotta add there were dozens of people there ordering and paying too. Something has to be up...

Squalor

Well I'll be going after work, so the line should be gone by then (?)

I'll make a frowny face if I do have to wait in line. There might be a line just to get a rep to make the sale for me, though. Didn't think of that til just now.
Oh, okay.

I just imagined your showing up at 8 a.m. and walking right to the front of the line in front of dozens or hundreds of people who had been out there for hours.

It was a good thought, haha.

LCfiner

best use case I’ve seen yet for allowing third party keyboards

http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/12/popkey-animated-gif-keyboard/

WVGw4Jd.png

(hmm. might be in wrong thread)

ReAxion

Oh, okay.

I just imagined your showing up at 8 a.m. and walking right to the front of the line in front of dozens or hundreds of people who had been out there for hours.

It was a good thought, haha.

Oh that would be rich, and awkward. Hah. I do wonder if they'll separate the lines, tho.

Check it, Apple: two lines, wrapping around the block, both directions.

Squalor

I just inquired about this in person an hour ago.

The answer is no, so line up early. They will NOT sell your order if you are there later in the day, but you NEED to get in line.
Honestly, that only seems fair, haha.

Line-waiters are going to be out there for hours, some of them over night.

Ovid

I just left a corporate store, after inquiring for their new wi-if booster, and they told me they could pre-order any and all models, for 100 down for the plus, an they would ship to your home on the 18th, arriving soon after.

How can this be? I gotta add there were dozens of people there ordering and paying too. Something has to be up...
As in supply won't meet demand?

Squalor

Are you implying something is wrong with their online orders, or are you suspicious of the September 18 part?

Guess Who

Banned
Wait a minute, this shows a fifth row of icons there, yay!

There's a fifth row of icons on the iPhone 5, that's nothing new.

It looks like the phone in that video is in the "zoomed" mode (basically an iPhone 5 blown to 4.7") rather than the native more-real-estate mode.

kaskade

Are you implying something is wrong with their online orders, or are you suspicious of the September 18 part?

T-Mobile is weird. I'm pretty sure their online and store sale systems are completely different. I ordered a phone online and I thought I could just bring it back to the store to exchange it but I had to mail it in. Kind of shitty for this to happen to T-Mobile since they are making some good progress within the industry.

LordCanti

Was it not cracked? Just old? I really wanna try it once I get the new one delivered. Can't be without a phone :x

Just old and in otherwise fine shape. The home button was really screwy and it had previously refused to charge/boot, so I was very happy to be rid of it. After trading in my 5 on top of that, the 6+ will be free basically.

I think it needs to boot, not have water damage, and not be in horrible shape. Worth a shot in any case.

Sobriquet

Thank you The_Inquisitor and Mdot! I got release day delivery through Apple. If it wouldn't have gone through, I would've had to wait until November! That was stressful. :D

edit: I also got to keep my unlimited data and avoided the $40 AT&T upgrade fee.

So I ordered mine as an upgrade on Verizon's site. As of now it says pending and expected delivery date is the 19th. Any of you who have more experience with this think I'm safe or are they going to pull a fast one later and I'll be delayed until, like, February?

Top Bottom