• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

dork

Banned
Are widgets going to be built into the apps? Also i assume the updates wont be out until nextweek?

Really want to get the weather on my lock screen

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Holy shit... iPhone 6 is already fetching huge prices on eBay...

2MlISvi.jpg

dork

Banned
I have iOS8 now and am not really sure how to do any of this stuff.

I have it too. I know apple support tweeted a picture showing the lock screen with weather. I dont think we can do any of it until the apps updated. Just wasnt sure if we will get a separate category in the app store with keyboards/widgets

LCfiner

Are widgets going to be built into the apps? Also i assume the updates wont be out until nextweek?

Really want to get the weather on my lock screen

widgets come bundled with an app.

but they don’t live on the lock screen. they live in the notification center pulldown. an app needs to send a notification for you to see any information on the lock screen. the full widget won’t live there. you’ll need to pull down the NC from the lock screen.

edit: you said apple support tweeted a pic of a lock screen with weather. can you link it?

DOWN

Banned
Shame on all of you buying cases with built in card slots and wallets. Apple Pay deserves better than this.

Ceres

Banned
Current AT&T pre-orders are shipping in November.

Online estimate isn't the same as store stock though. I picked up at iphone 4 2-3 weeks after release by calling up a local out of The way AT&T store to find out if they had any. Told me I probably had an hour before it sold out so I was there in 10m.

Call any local carrier stores and they'll start randomly having a small #. Might also luck out with a local target

Squalor

Expected Ship Date: 10/13/2014 To 10/31/2014

Damn it!
If it doesn't improve by Wednesday, you could cancel it and go stand in line early Friday.
Online estimate isn't the same as store stock though. I picked up at iphone 4 2-3 weeks after release by calling up a local out of The way AT&T store to find out if they had any. Told me I probably had an hour before it sold out so I was there in 10m.
People know that, but store stock varies wildly by location.

The people with pre-orders can't have it both ways, though. They have to cancel their pre-orders and hope they can get it in a store or just wait on the pre-order and hope the estimates improve.

So..... I went to bestbuy today at 9, was first in line and was eagerly waiting to preorder my 6+. At 9:55 a store employee comes out to inform everybody they are only doing preorders for the 6. The dude says it's a nation wide thing and they aren't anticipating any 6+ on launch day. I went ahead and preordered the 6 with hopes that they will have a couple 6+ on hand on the 19th but am pissed that they didn't mention no 6+'S for preorder on the website or at least on the door at the store. I called walmart that is in the same shopping center and was told they were doing 6+ preorders but if I tried to preorder now (this was 9:30) that I wouldn't be getting a phone on launch.
I love getting my free bestbuy reward certificates but would have gladly went to walmart if I would have know bestbuy was bullshittin'

Squalor

Almost every store will have iPhone 6 Pluses.

The thing is, almost every store will have very few of them, and once they're all sold out on day one next Friday, it will be a while before they're back in stock.

It was all of three weeks ago that there were still rumors that the iPhone 6 Plus would not release alongside the iPhone 6.

It's a guarantee that Apple has very little in stock.

DOWN

Banned
For those commenting about the gap not being wide between 5S and 6... Do you have a 5S?

Why would anyone with a 5S get a 6? I don't understand people that get a new phone every year, every 2 year makes perfect sense to me.

I always time mine to just upgrade on the numbered releases since those are the only ones with major hardware design changes.

So I tried something just now and am not sure if I really want the 6+... I tried the paper printout thing and was cool with the size. I also compared the printout to the 3ds xl and was cool with the size as well. I then decided to open the 3ds xl and noticed the screen size was pretty much identical. I also noticed the top portion of the 3ds xl is pretty much the thickness of the 6+ and didn't like how it felt in my hand... Maybe I'm trying to psych myself out of wanting the 6+ but the 3ds xl trick made me not really want it anymore

DOWN

Banned
Assuming you get one anytime soon...

Pre-orders mean nothing to Best Buy if iPhone 5 and 5S launches are any indication.

Had trouble with them on the 4 too. They had me pay $50 for the pre-order and then two weeks later after no calls from them, I called and they said they had gotten a new set in since my order and sold them all and were almost out of their second shipment. They said my name wasn't on their list anymore. So where the heck was my $50 going then guys?

Pre-ordered via Apple this time, like I did for the 5.

Apath

Shame on all of you buying cases with built in card slots and wallets. Apple Pay deserves better than this.
I know you're joking, but I seriously do not understand how Apple expects your phone to replace your wallet. You'll still need a driver's license/ID, all stores are not going to accept your phone for payment, and to top it all off, if your phone dies you are fucked. The last issue being a key point. Unless this works with a dead battery, it will never replace your wallet.

blitz64

seems like plenty of 4.7" 6 everywhere. 5.5" 6 plus is sold out everywhere with long estimated delivery times for people who order exactly at midnight.

DoubleTap

I know if I get the 6 I'm always going to end up wanting the plus. I can't imagine the reverse just because I now have to adapt to handling/carrying a bigger phone. Just my 2 cents.

Ovid

I know you're joking, but I seriously do not understand how Apple expects your phone to replace your wallet. You'll still need a driver's license/ID, all stores are not going to accept your phone for payment, and to top it all off, if your phone dies you are fucked. The last issue being a key point. Unless this works with a dead battery, it will never replace your wallet.

Will they? There are plenty of stores with self checkout. They don't check your I.D. for purchases.

Using Google Wallet or Apple Pay is very efficient for the business and the consumer.

I'm hoping one day NFC technology is implemented into the NYC subway system.

blitz64

... well ....

some of us aren't so lucky

orderewl98.png

First image is 4.7 inch iphone 6. There are plenty of those around.

Second image is 6+, those have long deliver times even for people who order exactly at midnight.

I order from at&t business preimier as well. My status is still pending confirmation whatever that means.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Tried to check my upgrade eligibility through apple.com and was ineligible. Probably because of my existing preeorder with AT&T. Should I cancel that and proceed with Apple? They still sending regular 6's on the 19th?

JDeluis

I see att.com there in your quote, so I'm hoping I can still get this deal. That's where we got the phone.

Should work.

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/i...K3oH5Zc_B85raODw&tgccParam=1#fbid=4O2cVG0fv8_
If trade-in via att.com, must use emailed promo code received after eligible purchase ships during trade-in process to receive promo trade-in value. Code expires not less than 30 days after receipt. Will receive Card in ~3 weeks after receipt of eligible trade-in & validation of condition.

Top Bottom