• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

so yeah...I just cancelled my ATT order. and I did an Apple order...and the dates did NOT change in terms of delivery time. But it shows Apple has more stock of 6+. Because if I reordered again on ATT, the device shipping slips to November 22nd.

This also allows me to to walk into an Apple store on 19th and cancel the shipment order and replace a device/get a device on launch date right there in the store rather than wait for ATT to cancel the order and then walking into the store.

DOWN

Banned
AppleCare+ is the only thing available for iPhones. You actually have 60 days to purchase AppleCare+ after purchasing the phone. If you purchase it after buying the phone, you'll need to schedule a Genius Bar appointment at a retail location so they can inspect the device.

AppleCare+ is the name for the upgraded coverage. AppleCare is the standard coverage the phone comes with.

Well...my 6+ pre-order with Verizon now tells me that I don't have an expected ship date. It used to be 10/14. I may just switch my order to a 6 and be done with it. I wanted that optical stabilization though!

Xamdou

For $100 you get the Iphone 6+:

1. .8" bigger screen.
2. Optical Stabilization
3. Better battery
4. 1080P screen
5. Phablet (Phone/Tablet Mini)

The only real downside is the size but other than that totally worth the extra $100!

DOWN

Banned
I know you're joking, but I seriously do not understand how Apple expects your phone to replace your wallet. You'll still need a driver's license/ID, all stores are not going to accept your phone for payment, and to top it all off, if your phone dies you are fucked. The last issue being a key point. Unless this works with a dead battery, it will never replace your wallet.

Well, I don't think they expect it to replace the wallet, I think they expect it to replace store payment. I think they want there to be almost no situation where you have to have over your card number to an associate. If the phone's dead, sure you should have your card on you so the account info is handy, but you shouldn't have to pull it out otherwise.

1. .8" bigger screen.
2. Optical Stabilization
3. Better battery
4. 1080P screen

The only real downside is the size but other than that totally worth the extra $100!

Eh, 1080p is a debatable value. Remember that the whole point of Retina displays is that they are at resolutions which people can't perceive pixels from normal distances anyway.

I'd say battery and stabilization are the real values.

1. .8" bigger screen.
2. Optical Stabilization
3. Better battery
4. 1080P screen

That's a massive downside as far as I'm concerned. I carry my phone with me everywhere I go. The plus is just too big for everywhere convenience unless you're always wearing a jacket or carrying a bag.

I also already have an iPad mini that I can bring with me if I need something a little larger.

Well, I don't think they expect it to replace the wallet, I think they expect it to replace store payment. I think they want there to be almost no situation where you have to have over your card number to an associate. If the phone's dead, sure you should have your card on you so the account info is handy, but you shouldn't have to pull it out otherwise.

Eh, 1080p is a debatable value. Remember that the whole point of Retina displays is that they are at resolutions which people can't perceive pixels from normal distances anyway.

Trust me, if you have decent eyesight and read a lot of small text it can make a difference

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I went to my local T-Mobile store to check if their systems were back up, and apparently they had just came back up two minutes before I arrived. I was the first person to preorder from their location, but I still don't have an estimated delivery date. I went with the 6+ @ 128GB, so I hope I will be able to get it at launch. I imagine 64GB will be the most popular model.

TheContact

Well shit my 64gb + order isn't coming toll Nov. I ordered from att today. Took too long I guess. Oh well ill deal with broken phone till then. Shittyyy

george_us

so yeah...I just cancelled my ATT order. and I did an Apple order...and the dates did NOT change in terms of delivery time. But it shows Apple has more stock of 6+. Because if I reordered again on ATT, the device shipping slips to November 22nd.

This also allows me to to walk into an Apple store on 19th and cancel the shipment order and replace a device/get a device on launch date right there in the store rather than wait for ATT to cancel the order and then walking into the store.
How'd you cancel your ATT order? They won't let me cancel mine.

Apath

They stated during the reveal that they want it to replace your wallet. Obviously this is a long term goal, but I do not see it happening until they fix the issues I outlined.

HGStormy

Banned
Well, just ordered a 6. Hi AppleGAF! Coming from a GS5. Hope the transition isn't bad, main thing I'm curious about is how the camera compares

Eiolon

My brother just got done with a 10 hour shift at Apple customer service. He was there for the 5S launch and says this was 1000 times worse. People were waiting on hold for 2-3 hours to get a simple "no" from them. He couldn't believe how rabid some of the customers were and was glad he doesn't have to work on the front lines at an actual Apple store. Normally he does Mac sales, but they basically put everyone on iPhone sales for the day.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
My brother just got done with a 10 hour shift at Apple customer service. He was there for the 5S launch and says this was 1000 times worse. People were waiting on hold for 2-3 hours to get a simple "no" from them. He couldn't believe how rabid some of the customers were and was glad he doesn't have to work on the front lines at an actual Apple store. Normally he does Mac sales, but they basically put everyone on iPhone sales for the day.

eesh, I know how shitty call centers can be, sounds like hell. and absolutely relentless, they have a short fuse because they were on hold for so long.

cakefoo

I know you're joking, but I seriously do not understand how Apple expects your phone to replace your wallet. You'll still need a driver's license/ID, all stores are not going to accept your phone for payment, and to top it all off, if your phone dies you are fucked. The last issue being a key point. Unless this works with a dead battery, it will never replace your wallet.
You're deliberately missing the point. They said it's a vision and that ApplePay is just the start, as a safer, more convenient way to pay at participating retailers.

not in this case

CqnIwIW.png

http://www.paintcodeapp.com/news/iphone-6-screens-demystified

Anno

They cancelled mine with no issue. Mine was on ATT Next, was yours? Maybe that's a difference, I dunno. Or maybe you got someone who wasn't sure. I asked, the dude just said, "sure!" and it was done like 3 minutes later.

Pagusas

Elden Member
surprised I don't hear more square trade warranty talk in here, I like it a lot more than apple care for the price and coverage.

I called 1-800-331-0500

the other lines hang up, this one connected me to an agent in 15 minutes., she cancelled my order AND made sure my upgrade eligibility is back, it was in 2 minutes. mine was a 2 year contract renewal. with ATT i even got to keep my grandfathered option with no issue

After looking at the phones, definitely going space grey. I like the look of the silver back more, but fuck a white front. I like the devices to disappear around the display of my electronics. If the silver had a black front options, I'd be about that.

LCfiner

Thinking back to Gruber’s screen res predictions, he got the iphone 6 resolution right and got the rendered pixels on the 6+ right, as well. pretty good for educated guessing. But Apple didn’t put in a screen with those pixels on the 6+ so they’re downsampling.

I wonder if any aliasing will be visible on the 6+ due to the non pixel perfect screen and rendering resolutions. I’ll have to see them in a store later this month, I guess. Or maybe some macro shots of the screen in reviews.

a916

1. .8" bigger screen.
2. Optical Stabilization
3. Better battery
4. 1080P screen

That's actually the reason why I didn't get it. Way too big for me.

Apath

You're deliberately missing the point. They said it's a vision and that ApplePay is just the start, as a safer, more convenient way to pay at participating retailers.
No, I'm not. Apple says they eventually want to replace your wallet, and I cited reasons why that is not possible. Until they cover those bases, they cannot replace your wallet.

I am not saying NFC is pointless, stupid, a waste, whatever. I'm just extremely skeptical of Apple's stated goal.

sangreal

If it's $0.15 for every $100, then that should be 0.15%, not 0.0015%.

It's $0.15 for every $100 -- thats the only figure quoted in the FT article macrumors is rehashing. The bad math is on macrumors.

They are also paying hard cash for the privilege of being involved: 15 cents of a $100 purchase will go to the iPhone maker, according to two people familiar with the terms of the agreement, which are not public. That is an unprecedented deal, giving Apple a share of the payments’ economics that rivals such as Google do not get for their services.

1. .8" bigger screen.
2. Optical Stabilization
3. Better battery
4. 1080P screen

I canceled and downgraded to the 4.7
I was dead set on a 5.5 inch but its just too damn big for everyday use. I constantly fiddle with my phone. Hope i don't regret it. Good thing is i get the 4.7 on release rather than 30 days.

Wow... a two to three month wait? Definitely the last time I order anything from ATT.

I second this. I preordered at 3 am set on the dot and got an october 14th date. I am salty because i would have flipped the 5.5 inch on ebay and gone with the 4.7 inch. FML! $3000 mann. I forgot about those crazies. Hope their are sapphire shortages for the iwatch. I will be game to sell one and keep one.

So I preorder instore @ AT&T today and just got an email saying I won't get my phones until November fucking 27th ... What the actual fuck.

Top Bottom