• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Apath

Looks like the AT&T trade-in program is up online: Slickdeals

Went to the link in that thread on my phone, found the iPhone 4, clicked no twice, and saved the resulting image to my phone. Gives you a quote and a quote identification number that's valid for 21 days.

ciD_Vain

My verizon order finally updated........but it says i ordered the phone today on the 13th. WTF?! :(

Edit: On a side note, I noticed that my monthly bill payment was also paid today so maybe it was waiting for that to be processed to process my order? That would be ridiculous.

Went to the link in that thread on my phone, found the iPhone 4, clicked no twice, and saved the resulting image to my phone. Gives you a quote and a quote identification number that's valid for 21 days.

If we ordered from Apple we cannot use this, correct?

Deku Tree

Can you get a credit on your AT&T phone bill with that promotion? Or how do they give you the money? Thanks!

You're looking at November, at least, going by most sources. If you're not too worried about the wait but would still like it as soon as possible, why not just go and pre-order in person and have them call you when it's ready to pick up?

Yea I might just do that. I've never pre-ordered anything before, so it'd be unfamiliar territory for me. Typically for technology products, I like to wait and see if there are any major bugs that need to be fixed. Let the early adopters deal with it, and when it gets patched I jump in.

BearPawB

Banned
No confirmation email?

When i first ordered it the order page said i would get it on Oct 7th
Then i got the confirmation email, and it told me I would get it on Sept 19th

Then the order page now only says: We received your order and it is in process. Expected Ship Date: Not available at this time

So it went from, man i am getting it late, to "woo im getting it on time", to "am I going to ever get it?"

Cuphead

Banned
When i first ordered it the order page said i would get it on Oct 7th
Then i got the confirmation email, and it told me I would get it on Sept 19th

Then the order page now only says: We received your order and it is in process. Expected Ship Date: Not available at this time

Mine was empty until this morning, now there's tracking, my order page time was Sep 19 though.

ZeroX03

Banned
Yea I might just do that. I've never pre-ordered anything before, so it'd be unfamiliar territory for me. Typically for technology products, I like to wait and see if there are any major bugs that need to be fixed. Let the early adopters deal with it, and when it gets patched I jump in.

I think the reviews are due within a couple of days. Good thing about a pre-order is it's (usually) not a commitment, you can just cancel it if some major issues come to light, especially if your phone isn't due for 1-2 months.

That's what my order still says on the site too, even though I just got a text saying it had been cancelled. I don't know wtf is going on with it. I guess I'll call on Monday.

What time did you get your order in? Mine was 09/12/2014 03:53:08 eastern.

You know, the amazing thing is yeah, I still haven't gotten a confirmation email but when I called Verizon Friday morning they said they could see everything about the order on their end.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
This case looks good, it will probably hold me over until speck releases their pixel skin cases.

Now time to look for a reliable screen protector.

I check my apple order every day and it still says "Available to ship: 7- 10 business days Delivers: Oct 1 - Oct 6 by Standard Shipping " :(

ciD_Vain

What time did you get your order in? Mine was 09/12/2014 03:53:08 eastern.

You know, the amazing thing is yeah, I still haven't gotten a confirmation email but when I called Verizon Friday morning they said they could see everything about the order on their end.

I haven't received my confirmation email yet either. I just chatted with a Verizon rep on the website.

oc8tZk7.png

Makes me feel a little better, but i'd feel a lot better with an email.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck...

I woke up to see that my T-Mobile order's status had changed to "back ordered" with no estimated shipping date. I was the first person to pre-order in the store after their systems came online and still this...

Had to call and try to cancel the thing, but they said it may take up to two days to properly cancel. What a mess.

I'm going to have to line up on Friday morning to try to get this on launch day, but I'm now worried that retail won't even get any 6 Plus models in.

gkryhewy

Fuck...

I woke up to see that my T-Mobile order's status had changed to "back ordered" with no estimated shipping date. I was the first person to pre-order in the store after their systems came online and still this...

Had to call and try to cancel the thing, but they said it may take up to two days to properly cancel. What a mess.

I'm going to have to line up on Friday morning to try to get this on launch day, but I'm now worried that retail won't even get any 6 Plus models in.

Watch out for this. I had a major hassle a couple of years ago getting TMO to cancel backordered a backordered Note 2.. they ended up shipping multiple units anyway (I only wanted one). Spent hours on the phone with them over multiple days - was a complete mess.

Josta

I got two separate texts from AT&T today about my 6 Plus order being confirmed... but my ship date hasn't changed...
Same here. I'm holding out hope that the delivery estimates are wrong. It's not the end of the world if I have to wait a few extra weeks for a new phone, but still...

I haven't received my confirmation email yet either. I just chatted with a Verizon rep on the website.

Makes me feel a little better, but i'd feel a lot better with an email.

I'm really hoping I get the same result. Maybe I'll chat them too and see if I get a different answer. :p

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Watch out for this. I had a major hassle a couple of years ago getting TMO to cancel backordered a backordered Note 2.. they ended up shipping multiple units anyway (I only wanted one). Spent hours on the phone with them over multiple days - was a complete mess.

Yeah, I'm fully prepared for some nonsense. I just hope this pre-order existing doesn't affect my plans to purchase at a physical location on Friday once I get to the register.

Never going to pre-order anything through these guys again.

xnipx

Was the 5S launch this bad? I didn't get mine until February this year but I don't remember going through this much shit when I got launch model iPhones.

Husker86

Hm apple order is still processing. They have out a hole for full amount on my card though

Does the order page say September 19th? If so, you're fine.

Was the 5S launch this bad? I didn't get mine until February this year but I don't remember going through this much shit when I got launch model iPhones.

5s didn't even have preorders! You had to order 12:01am pacific on launch day. I'm pretty sure it was worse.

Best Buy had a ton of preorders they couldn't fill because they didn't get the stock they anticipated.

Though I don't think this is particularly bad, it's mostly the carriers that are fucking things up. Besides Apple's website issues, which happen every single year, their orders seem to at least give definite dates.

Deku Tree

Pretty sure you cannot.

I heard they give you a gift card but I am not sure. Skim through that thread; someone has probably already answered that question.

One poster said they give you a gift card. Another poster said you can apply it to your monthly bill. I will have to ask at&t to be sure...

BearPawB

Banned
Called Verizon, they said the 19th.
But I am not sure they know any more about what they are talking about than I do lol.

Couldn't explain why my order date wasn't showing up.

Guess I will find out eventually

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hmm, I'm considering upgrading by selling my iPhone 5 here in Europe and, when I visit my parents in December, just buying an unlocked phone in the States. With the exchange rate I'll wind up getting more money for the 5 by selling in Europe and then pay less by buying in the US. My phone is already a US phone anyways that I've been using in France.

I could just use my Nexus 4 as my main for a while if need be. I dunno.

Hmm. I ordered from Apple and it still says processing with "Delivers: 9/19 by Standard Shipping".

Although, the money on my card is gone but Discover says it isn't posted yet. It's still processing.

I think that's a good sign?

Ugh. I should just focus on finding a good case instead of refreshing this thread and my email every 5 seconds.

Mogwai

Does iOS8 include that feature so I can use my iPad as a phone?

I sort of forgot about the new OS and haven't seen it mentioned lately.

MCasey

Plenty of us are probably already running the iOS 8 GM.

Android owners will kill me for this, but I am so excited for custom keyboards. lol
Anyone using "Flesky" for the iPhone yet? Thoughts?

And no more standard iPhone typing sound effect. After a few years, I would like a change.

LCfiner

you won’t be able to dial out. it’s not full phone functionality. you can accept a call coming in and talk using the ipad.

edit. this is wrong. you can dial out.

kaskade

Fuck...

T-Mobile was so shitty with the 5s. They seemed to have no idea what was going on. I'm happy Verizon seems a bit more on top of things.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
T-Mobile was so shitty with the 5s. They seemed to have no idea what was going on. I'm happy Verizon seems a bit more on top of things.

Yeah, Verizon is definitely on top of things. I used them for a few years, but switched to T-Mobile in February for their better rates. Faster data in my area, too.

Feels like amateur hour when it comes to actually dealing with customers, though.

Deku Tree

Yup. It just means you don't have to carry your phone and your iPad around your house if your worried about missing calls. But I don't see a way to call out. Works great so far.

Enzom21

I got this confirmation txt, but my ship date is still Oct 13-19

Anyone else get the same?

Yup. It just means you don't have to carry your phone and your iPad around your house if your worried about missing calls. But I don't see a way to call out. Works great so far.

Don't you just dial the number with the facetime app? That is how it's done in Yosemite.

I got this confirmation txt, but my ship date is still Oct 13-19

Anyone else get the same?

Don't you just dial the number with the facetime app? That is how it's done in Yosemite.

Got something similar but it did not mention being sent to the warehouse :-(. Just that the order was processed and I would be notified when its being shipped.

Top Bottom