• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

HUELEN10

So due to the clusterfuck that was the iPhone 6 preorder process, I actually have a 6 Plus that I'll go to store pickup on 9/19, and apparently I have a reservation for another one.

I certainly don't need two so I can just cancel the reservation one, right? Or should I order that one and.. cancel the other one? Does it even matter?

Also, I work on Friday so I was gonna do store pickup so I could hopefully just go when they open to grab it before I go in to work. I've never done store pickup like that before, though, so is that how it works? Or do I have to wait till like, the middle of the day?
You got a plus with no intention of scalping, yet there is demand. If I am being truly honest with myself, I would take both and sell off the plus on eBay had I the chance. You could use the money to pay off your phone and get some accessories as well, and then keep the bank.

wihio

Got my shipping confirmation from Verizon. Checked out the tracking number and it was picked up at 10:40am today in Memphis, TN. Overnight shipping, but it states "Future delivery requested" below the shipping info, so I doubt I will see it early. I guess 9/19 will be early for most adopters, however. Good luck to everyone else!

Deku Tree

So due to the clusterfuck that was the iPhone 6 preorder process, I actually have a 6 Plus that I'll go to store pickup on 9/19, and apparently I have a reservation for another one.

I certainly don't need two so I can just cancel the reservation one, right? Or should I order that one and.. cancel the other one? Does it even matter?

Edit: Nevermind, it looks like their system figured out that I already ordered an upgrade for that line and it's not a problem anymore. Yay!

Also, I work on Friday so I was gonna do store pickup so I could hopefully just go when they open to grab it before I go in to work. I've never done store pickup like that before, though, so is that how it works? Or do I have to wait till like, the middle of the day?

Wait so you actually got some Apple Customer service person on the phone to after the fact put you at the front of the line for a 6 Plus in store pick up because of some situation that happened to you? That's impressive! And yeah you could probably buy both phones and sell the second one for a nice profit if you wanted to get into that sort of thing...

Ambient80

Anyone have any luck with going to the Apple Store on release day and getting one without a preorder? I have a preorder through ATT but it won't ship until the end of October apparently, and my current phone is basically dead.

Iacobellis

1. Make sure LTE is available in your area.
2. Make sure your data plan says something like "for iPhone on 4G LTE"
3. Make sure you are using an AT&T phone (if you bought it second hand)
4. Get a new SIM card.

1 and 3: check. How would I do number 2?

Pagusas

Elden Member
Does gaf have a "Anyone want to buy my old iPhone" thread? Trying to decide if i should trade it in for store credit, sell it to a site like gazelle, or ebay it.

You got a plus with no intention of scalping, yet there is demand. If I am being truly honest with myself, I would take both and sell off the plus on eBay had I the chance. You could use the money to pay off your phone and get some accessories as well, and then keep the bank.

This didn't even occur to me, but Apple deleted the second phone themselves so I couldn't have even if I'd wanted to (see below) unless I used another number on my family plan that was eligible for the upgrade (I think my dad is, but he's gonna wait and see which size he wants in person, and then there's a fourth, not-used emergency phone line my parents keep that I guess I could have upgraded and scalped had the thought occurred to me).

Wait so you actually got some Apple Customer service person on the phone to after the fact put you at the front of the line for a 6 Plus in store pick up because of some situation that happened to you? That's impressive! And yeah you could probably buy both phones and sell the second one for a nice profit if you wanted to get into that sort of thing...

Oh, nononono that's not what happened!

I was trying to order online, and the site was just not happening. So I tried the app for like an hour, and same as online, I would get the phone, size, color, etc all picked out, and then try to take the next step, and it would shit out on me. At one point, though, it gave me a notice that I had a reservation number. I typed it in on the website but it just told me to come back the next day, I didn't know wtf that was about because I wanted to pick my phone up in the store, and Glendale Galleria AND Americana were already sold out, with the next nearest option being Sherman Oaks. I didn't want THAT to sell out too, and just at that time, the desktop page went up.

So I was able to successfully order my phone from the desktop page, to be picked up on Friday in Sherman Oaks. Then today, I got an email from Apple reminding me I had a reservation. I thought that me actually buying the phone would overwrite that, but clearly it didn't.

I tried going through the steps to reserve that phone and cancel the other one, since I didn't want to hold a phone someone else could get, but when I put in my phone number it told me I already had an upgrade for that number processed and deleted the second phone. So now I just have the one, from the desktop site, reserved at the SO Apple store.

ringlord

If I'm getting a new line from Verizon, why does Apple only offer the MORE Anything plans? I just want a cheaper single line plan.

yami4ct

My regular 6 has shipped already from Verizon (with hold until Friday for delivery) so that's nice. My two 6 plusses are still in "we've received your order and it's being processed" status. Not too worried, but definitely seems like the plusses in general are shipping later. Here's hoping they all show up on Friday as planned.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
No preorder for me. Have no idea which model I want.

Xamdou

Why do I have 3 additional pending charges from ATT?

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 12 AT&T MOBILITY II 1 DOLLARS AND.00 CENTS
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 12 AT&T MOBILITY II 585 DOLLARS AND.49 CENTS

The last one is for my Golden Iphone 6+ 128GB,

S¡mon

Banned
Okay, nobody here probably really cares, but just putting out some thoughts for myself.

I currently have a 32 GB iPhone 5. I'm torn between an iPhone 6 and 6+. Definitely, 64 GB models as 16 GB won't be enough for me.

iPhone 6+ thoughts[/b]
I think I would love the 5.5" display, because there will be so much extra space for content. Also, I love that it's 1920 x 1080 - that means I can watch movies and TV series at their native resolution without scaling. Last but not least, the 'tech geek' in me is drawn by the higher pixel density, while logic dictates me that pixel density shouldn't be the determining factor here.

I also like the idea of Optical Image Stabilization - but I wonder if the difference will be that big. Lastly, I think I would love the extra battery life. I just feel like the iPhone 5's battery life is a bit too short. While the regular iPhone 6 seems to offer better battery life, can I really resist the even better battery life the 6+ will offer?

So, why the doubts? Its size! I just fear it's just a little bit too big. I downloaded and printed the template and I think it will work - but it's hard to say.

DOWN

Banned
Can't decide what case to get. I think I'll go for the Apple Silicone in Black. Looks like the least bulky and I don't like harder or snap on cases because they always cause little scratches.

lol, put my iphone 5 and ipad Air on IOS 8.0. Received a phone call and my iPad started ringing via facetime. It's a new feature. You can answer phone calls on your iPad if you're on wifi and your phone is nearby. The call uses the iphone's cellular connection still, but that is freaking cool. Turned off the feature though. I don't want my iPad to 'ring' unless I plan to use the feature.

kneePat

lol, put my iphone 5 and ipad Air on IOS 8.0. Received a phone call and my iPad started ringing via facetime. It's a new feature. You can answer phone calls on your iPad if you're on wifi and your phone is nearby. The call uses the iphone's cellular connection still, but that is freaking cool. Turned off the feature though. I don't want my iPad to 'ring' unless I plan to use the feature.

Works on Mac OS too.

My wife has an older model that moves so slow and she doesn't complain, but I feel sorry for her. I don't even know. It's tiny. It might even be a 3.
I want to order a new one for her because if I don't, she'll probably take that shit to the grave without complaint.
Do you think my wife would prefer a 4.7" or a 5.5"?

BearPawB

Banned
My wife has an older model that moves so slow and she doesn't complain, but I feel sorry for her. I don't even know. It's tiny. It might even be a 3.
I want to order a new one for her because if I don't, she'll probably take that shit to the grave without complaint.

5.5 would probably completely overwhelm her.

Xamdou

I would say at least a 16gb 5.5" version... going from a 3" to the 5.5" would definitely put a smile on anyone's face!

knicks

That's what I'm looking for as well. Something decently priced that's not hideous or black.

Indeed. I had that one I linked for the 5. This is the one I got for the 6. Note it's for the 4.7 inch model only as of now.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Ambient80

Indeed. I had that one I linked for the 5. This is the one I got for the 6. Note it's for the 4.7 inch model only as of now.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Possibly super dumb question, but can that mess up your credit cards, being that close to your phone all the time? I've had instances where a card wouldn't work if it had been in my pocket for some reason against my phone.

giga

Ask her if size matters.

JesseZao

Possibly super dumb question, but can that mess up your credit cards, being that close to your phone all the time? I've had instances where a card wouldn't work if it had been in my pocket for some reason against my phone.

Also, "Hold on I've got to take this call. Let me put my wallet against my ear."

Viewt

Had to run an errand near the T-Mobile in Wicker Park here in Chicago, and I decided to pop in and pre-order my iPhone 6. Turned out the 64GB Space Grey model wasn't even back-ordered. They said I'd have it on Thursday. Woo. Whole thing took like 15 minutes.

LCfiner

I’ve seen a couple people outside with those wallet cases while on phone calls and they both used the speaker phone and held the phone/wallet like a piece of bruschetta.

Top Bottom