• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

kaskade

Ok, verizon status now says my order is being processed and I see the pending chard on my card. I'm pretty confident I'll have it friday.

nikos

I still haven't been charged for one of my preorders, not even the $0 hold that others are being charged. Here's a summary of the details. Both were placed under the same Apple ID shortly after preorders went live. Both say available for pickup 9/19.

First order:
Ordered with Apple.
In-store pickup.
Chase debit.
No charge.

Second order:
Ordered with Apple.
In-Store pickup.
Citibank debit.
Three $0 charges.

I'm on hold with Apple right now to see if it's normal. From what I remmeber, in the past i'd see a hold before actually being charged when it ships.

So I didn't pre order the iPhone 6 Plus yesterday, am I screwed from getting one next Friday? Is my only option waiting in line at an apple store for hours?

Dany

Banned
Aw yiss

B8sswXGl.jpg

Motha fuckin confirmation txts

HUELEN10

Having mine delivered to work.
Why? I hope the reason isn't so you can gloat about it and have all your other coworkers see; I knew a guy like that, so annoying, but we laughed when he tripped and it fell in the crack between the floor, and the elevator, never to be seen again...

Cuphead

Banned
Why? I hope the reason isn't so you can gloat about it and have all your other coworkers see; I knew a guy like that, so annoying, but we laughed when he tripped and it fell in the crack between the floor, and the elevator, never to be seen again...

Absolutely not, I hope they don't see the thing and bother me about it all day.

It's because I work on Friday and don't want to wait until I get home to play with my new shiny phone :)

Aw yiss

Motha fuckin confirmation txts

lucky wahhhh

Oh wait mine just shipped too!!!!

gkryhewy

I'm having mine delivered at work so that someone will be around to sign for it.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Yep, ordered from AT&T website and it blatantly stated throughout the process and then in the confirmation emails that I get unlimited data.

Thank you for this info smidget! This may make me get the 6 now. On the 4s I never had the high speed data. Hope that doesn't change anything. Appreciate it guys

Mononoke

Banned
I was able to get a pre-order in with Sprint. However, they said it will ship in 2-3 weeks. So i guess that means I'm out with getting this at launch. On the plus side, I had a family member that had a 5c they were no longer using, and they are allowing me to use it for the next month until the 6 + is finally shipped.

Maybe I'll get lucky and the pre-order will ship sooner than expected. *shrugs*

But guess I'm back on the 6 + train, no android for me.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime

We've got a guy like that in our team, he's just got some new Android phone and is desperate for people to be impressed at it's '2K' screen. He's one of those fellows who spends all of his disposable income on his PC so he can get the most out of his WOW weekenders.

Oh yeah, he also reckons his phone has 5G.

Having mine delivered to work, it's going to be a very unproductive day.

I've had both my 4S & iPad delivered to work for the simple reason that my work has a mail center, meaning there's always someone around to sign for packages (unlike at home). When I did take it out to look at, I usually only got as far as the initial set up before leaving it alone completely.

I just got my 5S last December and am more than happy to wait until next year to upgrade, though I'll probably just wait until the stock settles down like I did with my current 5S versus preordering (like I did for my 4S).

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
BaOxJGX.png

Tried canceling but they never send the confirmation email. I got the confirmation text twice too. AT&T's site has been acting stupid.

Branson

So when do you guys expect the next shipment of 6+? I ordered one Friday morning for my GF and am waiting until the next paycheck in two weeks to order mine.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
My Apple Store order still says Processing Items with the delivery date of 9/19. Anyone else on the same boat? It hasn't changed at all since placing the order. I just find it a little odd that it is still processing.

Corgi

Banned
Got the text twice as well from AT&T.

Was actually planning on camping next week until I realized I'm an idiot.

My iPhone 5 still work fine besides the battery being a bit iffy. I can wait.

(I say that today. Maybe another hype wave will hit before launch)

Question for the USA people. Ive got my 6 ordered through Canadian Apple store and its a unlocked no carrier phone, don't see that option on the USA site.

Can you get a unlocked one through the USA store?

HGStormy

Banned
Question for the USA people. Ive got my 6 ordered through Canadian Apple store and its a unlocked no carrier phone, don't see that option on the USA sight.

Can you get a unlocked one through the USA store?

Sort of. They offer a no-contract "unlocked" T-Mobile version, which should work on any GSM carrier with compatible bands.

ZeroX03

Banned
Anyone decide on what case they're getting yet? Cannot decide between a regular style case or a wallet style case:

Regular
Wallet 1
Wallet 2

Let alone decide between individual cases in each category.

I really want to try a wallet case for the convenience of only carrying around one thing instead of two, but I'm afraid it'll make a phone that's already massive even bigger. I know a 6 Plus will fit into my pocket and hand, but adding double the thickness and a bit of width and weight might push it too far. At the moment I think I'll go either a thin form case or caseless with AppleCare+.

Fuck. Just when I thought I had my mind made up, I see this:

http://i.imgur.com/aR09EXX.png

http://i.imgur.com/dVISZrr.png

iphone 6 & 6+ keyboard. View on ur iPhone 5/5c/5s in fullscreen to get exact measurements. At the end of the day, its all about the keyboard. I mainly text on this thing.

iPhone 6 feels like it would be better for Swype, but damn 6 Plus will be good for two handed typing.

HUELEN10

Preference question: How do you upgrade? Do you use an iCloud backup, start fresh, or mount a full iTunes backup?

Personally, I always start with a full iTunes mount; it's the only way to do a guaranteed full restore.

Got the text twice as well from AT&T.

Was actually planning on camping next week until I realized I'm an idiot.

My iPhone 5 still work fine besides the battery being a bit iffy. I can wait.

(I say that today. Maybe another hype wave will hit before launch)

I am gonna go wait inline I'm not waiting 2-3 months for a new phone like I did with the 5. Depending on where you live you might spend 5-8 hours in line that's not too bad.

I have a question, I have an app that has my entire game collection entered on it (game vault for those who are curious). If i mount my full backup with that carry the information over to the new phone? Because I really don't want to enter all 700ish of those games again.

mcfrank

I have a question, I have an app that has my entire game collection entered on it (game vault for those who are curious). If i mount my full backup with that carry the information over to the new phone? Because I really don't want to enter all 700ish of those games again.

From iCloud or a computer? From a computer yes. From iCloud yes if you have that app turned on in iCloud settings.

Preference question: How do you upgrade? Do you use an iCloud backup, start fresh, or mount a full iTunes backup?

Personally, I always start with a full iTunes mount; it's the only way to do a guaranteed full restore.

- backup old phone in iTunes
- plug in new phone, restore from backup
- let photos/music/apps restore from my computer

Corgi

Banned
I am gonna go wait inline I'm not waiting 2-3 months for a new phone like I did with the 5. Depending on where you live you might spend 5-8 hours in line that's not too bad.

I also have this gut feeling that the stock of 6+ is gonna be real limited in retail for not reserved.

I'm the kind of person that just wants to be able to walk in casually and buy the iphone 6 plus 64 gb. How long can I expect to wait before I have the ability to do that? A few weeks? A few months? I've never followed iphone launches before so I don't know what to expect.

I also have this gut feeling that the stock of 6+ is gonna be real limited in retail for not reserved.

It probably will be

I gotta be up at 3am anyways Friday so I am gonna go line up at staples or verizon since their will be less people than the apple store.

I'm the kind of person that just wants to be able to walk in casually and buy the iphone 6 plus 64 gb. How long can I expect to wait before I have the ability to do that? A few weeks? A few months? I've never followed iphone launches before so I don't know what to expect.

Probably November / December

ZeroX03

Banned

You're looking at November, at least, going by most sources. If you're not too worried about the wait but would still like it as soon as possible, why not just go and pre-order in person and have them call you when it's ready to pick up?

kaskade

I've done iCloud a few times, Never had a problem with it.

Top Bottom