• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

If I'm getting a new line from Verizon, why does Apple only offer the MORE Anything plans? I just want a cheaper single line plan.

Verizon was doing the same on their website as well. I was going to jump from AT&T to Verizon for that plan, and pre-order my iPhone 6, but they wouldn't offer that plan for the 6 at all. I ended up staying with AT&T because their individual plan was cheaper than Verizon's "More Anything" plans.

Also, "Hold on I've got to take this call. Let me put my wallet against my ear."

Also 'Oh, that beer is $8? Let me just pull out my purse." Because as soon as you start trying to pull cash out of that shit, that's exactly what it looks like. Two card slots? Fuck off.

knicks

Also 'Oh, that beer is $8? Let me just pull out my purse." Because as soon as you start trying to pull cash out of that shit, that's exactly what it looks like. Two card slots? Fuck off.

The case costs $4.99 w/ free shipping. It's a convenient case for numerous occasions, especially those where I know I will not need cash. Sure, the two slots totally suck, but I know I won't need my gift cards, health insurance card and all the other shit that makes my wallet phat as fuck when going to certain places.

Deku Tree

Is there any official word on what kind of charger comes with the 6 and the 6 Plus? I hope at least the 6 Plus gets a 2amp charger...

Marco1

So looking forward to coming back to iOS after trying the nexus5 and Htc M8 for the last year.
The design of the ip6 is not perfect but I miss the software and apps far more than the looks of the HW.

Wife's iPhone 6 has shipped. My 6+ has not :\

Ordered from Verizonwireless.com

So looking forward to coming back to iOS after trying the nexus5 and Htc M8 for the last year.
The design of the ip6 is not perfect but I miss the software and apps far more than the looks of the HW.

How did you like the HTC M8

kneePat

Is there any official word on what kind of charger comes with the 6 and the 6 Plus? I hope at least the 6 Plus gets a 2amp charger...

Nope, they fucked up with this. Both get the same old 5-Watter @ 1 A.

Probably 3.5 hours to charge a 6+. Rumors has it they were planning on release a double sided usb and a larger charger, but it wasn't ready.

Just ordered a 6 space gary/64mb from AT&T. Wont ship until 10/13-10/31. :(

These shipping windows are really getting out of hand with AT&T.

HGStormy

Banned
Nope, they fucked up with this. Both get the same old 5-Watter @ 1 A.

Probably 3.5 hours to charge a 6+. Rumors has it they were planning on release a double sided usb and a larger charger, but it wasn't ready.

These shipping windows are really getting out of hand with AT&T.

3.5 hours? Wtf? That's a long time! How long do you think it will take to charge the 6?

kneePat

3.5 hours? Wtf? That's a long time! How long do you think it will take to charge the 6?

Around the same as 5s, maybe a bit longer. Additionally people can buy/use an iPad charger or any larger charger so long as these new phones accept higher current.

Namikaze

If I'm getting a new line from Verizon, why does Apple only offer the MORE Anything plans? I just want a cheaper single line plan.

I Went to the verizon store not too long ago and they told me I can switch to the 60$ 2GB plan after I upgrade to my iP6 even though I'm currently on the More everything plan.

Edit: I'm a current customer though, I think you can only get the single line plan from either Verizon.com or in their store. Apple's site doesn't have all of the plans for whatever reason.

TwIsTeD

Just had a horrible experience with my 6 Plus order from at&t - they required me to call and confirm payment info and in the process it went from ships in 12-21 days to November - took an hour on hold with them and they credited my account $75 and released my upgrade so I can order from apple - i`ll wait 3 weeks but not till November.

On a side note my 6 just shipped so i`ll have something to play with

Xamdou

So is anyone actually getting the 6+ at launch? Pretty sure those snipers during midnight were able to get one during the apple app fiasco...

Dominator

So is anyone actually getting the 6+ at launch? Pretty sure those snipers during midnight were able to get one during the apple app fiasco...
Not me. Ordered within the first 5-10 minutes Verizon had them up and I have a delivery date of October 7th.

TwIsTeD

The only people I know getting them are picking up in the store - Apple Store app didn't work at all on the iPad for me when everything went live - and after it was unavailable and shipping in 3-4 weeks

I'm supposed to get a 64 GB 6+ at launch. Was able to snag one through the Apple app at like 4:15 am eastern for store pick up. Still shows as processing on the website with a pick up date of the 19th. Feel like there is a lot of time in between now and then for something to change though.

Guess Who

Banned
I8RdVcR.png

its_happening.gif

Just hold off on trading it in right now. There should be a link at the bottom of your order confirmation email that goes to the promotion. If you read how it works, AT&T will send you a code when/after your phone ships. You will then have to enter that code on the website when you enter your info for the trade in.

I guess AT&T figured out one thing and that was that people wouldn't be able to trade in their phone until after their new phone arrives. The only problem is that this doesn't help you pay for the new phone, but you could apply it towards your monthly wireless bills.

Holy shit, this is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I can't believe no employee knew this, thank you

knicks

Anyone know of a TPU case that doesn't block the power button and volume controls?

The only ones that I can find block those, but have opens to the mute control. Every case I have had that blocks those buttons ends up jamming them.

Bgamer90

Banned
Jealous of you guys. My 128 GB 6 Plus from AT&T won't come until mid October. Hoping it will get bumped up. ::crosses fingers::

rocK`

Banned
AT&T posting a 10/31-11/11 date. Garbage since I ordered about 10 minutes into the sale.

Heard lots of stories of AT&T delivering much earlier than the date, though.

Apath

I ordered this one. I at most carry 3 cards at all times in my wallet anyways.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JH88O72/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I do not understand people who carry their health insurance, social security, and all clubs cards all the time.

Edit: 1 hour on hold with apple to change my address... I am hoping they pick up soon.
I may end up getting this one. $13 is a bit to spend on something I may hate, but at the same time it will be great to have one pocket hold both my phone and wallet.

How do you get by with just three cards? I have to have my driver's license, credit card, and train pass pretty much at all times. Maybe the Ventra system in Chicago will accept Apple Pay..

v0yce

Every plan Verizon has is a "More Everything" plan. Regarless of whether you're going to share you data with other devices or other people or not.

Vov

Apple somehow automatically reserved one for me in the mess when the site was supposed to go live. I still ordered one with a deliver estimate of October not believing them. But then I got the reservation number via email so I cancelled my first order and the new order says it will deliver 9/19! Apple has a habit of doing things like this that make me never want to switch.

NYR

I am. Currently preparing for shipping from apple. 64gb space grey

Are you in the US or Canada? I have only read a handful of people in Canada who actually landed a launch unit.

I'm debating lining up just to get it on Friday...which is a long shot based on the supply they'll have plus the line.

sangreal

Are you in the US or Canada? I have only read a handful of people in Canada who actually landed a launch unit.

I'm debating lining up just to get it on Friday...which is a long shot based on the supply they'll have plus the line.

US

I saw a bunch of people on macrumors getting 6+s shipped from Verizon too. No clue about Canada

Bgamer90

Banned
AT&T posting a 10/31-11/11 date. Garbage since I ordered about 10 minutes into the sale.

I ordered 30 minutes after pre-ordering started and got a date two weeks earlier.

Heard lots of stories of AT&T delivering much earlier than the date, though.

Yeah. We'll see -- these AT&T dates I'm seeing/hearing from other people aren't really making much sense.

I saw a bunch of people on macrumors getting 6+s shipped from Verizon too. No clue about Canada

I'm guessing it's not good unless you're in one of the big Canadian cities. But I wouldn't be surprised if there's no 6+ inventory day one at all in retail stores.

It's kind of surprising, really; the financial penalties for upgrading here are just ridiculous.

Top Bottom