• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Xamdou

Not me. Ordered within the first 5-10 minutes Verizon had them up and I have a delivery date of October 7th.

The only people I know getting them are picking up in the store - Apple Store app didn't work at all on the iPad for me when everything went live - and after it was unavailable and shipping in 3-4 weeks

I'm supposed to get a 64 GB 6+ at launch. Was able to snag one through the Apple app at like 4:15 am eastern for store pick up. Still shows as processing on the website with a pick up date of the 19th. Feel like there is a lot of time in between now and then for something to change though.

So in-store pickup is guaranteed while the 6+'s being shipped are delayed?

Dominator

Happened to go to a Verizon store while at the mall today, and just asked some basic questions. I told her when I look at my orders placed on the website that it lists I haven't placed any, but that I got a confirmation email. She told me the order would only show up on the main site once it ships (this makes no sense to me), and that I should just keep the email for everything. I also told her my date changed from when I placed it to when I got the email, and she said thats normal and happened to a lot of people. Then I asked her what would happen if I placed an order right now for a Plus in any size, and she said I wouldn't get it until December. Yikes.

Karram

So Verizon's website says processing please back tomorrow, but when I call it says order has been shipped. I press 2 to listen to the tracking number it says received and activated. Weird!

Dominator

So Verizon's website says processing please back tomorrow, but when I call it says order has been shipped. I press 2 to listen to the tracking number it says received and activated. Weird!
How did you get to this on the phone? Going to try it now.

EDIT: Got it on the phone. "We find that your order has been received and activated". Dammit lol

Xamdou

I'm in Europe, so I had the good fortune of being able to order unlocked from Apple. I got in at 8.40am GMT (12.40 EST) just before supply ran dry here. It was at 3-4 weeks not long after.

I see... so the 3-4 weeks thang is just an estimate in relations to preordering from Apple...

So in-store pickup is guaranteed while the 6+'s being shipped are delayed?

I mean I have an in store pick up date that says the 19th, so I assume it's guaranteed. When I placed my order it said there were 2 stores that I could choose for pick up, the third store around me didn't have any available. With all of the delays going on it wouldn't surprise me if my order for some reason wasn't actually available the 19th. It's currently still processing and I don't feel I'm in the clear until it tells me that it shipped to the store.

I was looking through the thread and noticed that the Gold iPhone 6 isn't getting much love. I know its tacky to have gold-colored things, but dammit that's the one I'm getting in October. Hahaha

Deku Tree

Nope, they fucked up with this. Both get the same old 5-Watter @ 1 A.

Probably 3.5 hours to charge a 6+.
Rumors has it they were planning on release a double sided usb and a larger charger, but it wasn't ready.

These shipping windows are really getting out of hand with AT&T.

Are you sure? That's crazy... At least they could have thrown an iPad charging cube in the box...

ZeroX03

Banned
I was looking through the thread and noticed that the Gold iPhone 6 isn't getting much love. I know its tacky to have gold-colored things, but dammit that's the one I'm getting in October. Hahaha

Gold 5S looks great because it had the white stripe at the top and bottom. It stops the phone from looking too tacky. The two tone approach helps stop the champagne color from being too overpowering.

bsAXswW.png

The iPhone 6 on the other hand, it's completely gold, and that's just a bit too much for me I think. If it still had the completely white parts at the top and bottom I'd jump on it.

8SKQSt3.png

Deku Tree

Is it good to charge an iPhone with an iPad charger? I've always been under the impression that it wasn't.

Yeah it's fine. It even says its compatible on the Apple Store page. Your phone also charges a little faster. Your phone also regulates how much power it will accept at once.

Gold 5S looks great because it had the white stripe at the top and bottom. It stops the phone from looking too tacky. The two tone approach helps stop the champagne color from being too overpowering.

bsAXswW.png

The iPhone 6 on the other hand, it's completely gold, and that's just a bit too much for me I think. If it still had the completely white parts at the top and bottom I'd jump on it.

8SKQSt3.png

It looks a lot subtler in the hands-on videos, I think. It's not nearly as gaudy as some of the pictures make it appear.

Jimrpg

bsAXswW.png

8SKQSt3.png

You're not getting the phone because of a couple of white stripes? Or do you mean you're not getting the colour?

yami4ct

For what it is, I like it. It's not for me, but I think it looks pretty neat. My sister's getting a Gold 6, so I'm really interested to see how it looks in hand.

Even though I always buy black, I would kind of be all over a top of the line iPhone in 5C colors. I would totally go for that yellow, green or light blue. Colorful phones are great.

MCasey

My apple.com iphone is preparing for shipment!

Mine too. Then on Friday I plan on going to AT&T and trading in my iPhone 5 for $200 (as long as they still have that $50 bonus) to out towards my monthly bill.
I know I might be able to get more for it, but i would rather have the convenience of just going to the store.

Sobriquet

So is anyone actually getting the 6+ at launch? Pretty sure those snipers during midnight were able to get one during the apple app fiasco...

Yep! :D

I got through on the Apple Store app just after midnight, and got the message that they were reserving me one but couldn't contact AT&T. So officially, I put in the order yesterday afternoon.

"Preparing for shipping"

Deku Tree

Nope, they fucked up with this. Both get the same old 5-Watter @ 1 A.

Probably 3.5 hours to charge a 6+.
Rumors has it they were planning on release a double sided usb and a larger charger, but it wasn't ready.

These shipping windows are really getting out of hand with AT&T.

Are you sure? That's crazy... At least they could have thrown an iPad charging cube in the box...

Look at this google search...

https://www.google.com/webhp?tab=ww...d=0CAcQ1S4#authuser=0&q=iphone+6+plus+charger

An iPhone 6 Plus charger link sends you directly to the Apple 2amp charger cube...

KevinG

Yep! :D

I got through on the Apple Store app just after midnight, and got the message that they were reserving me one but couldn't contact AT&T. So officially, I put in the order yesterday afternoon.

"Preparing for shipping"

Sounds like you were one of the lucky few (like, 500,000?).

Been mulling it over this weekend and think I'm on board. A little late. I will need to see about preorderin a 6 Plus from Best Buy Canada tomorrow morning. I'm curious to see how long I will have to wait.

I was thinking about grabbing a new iPad Mini when they update but the 6 Plus as a replacement for both iPhone and iPad is starting to make more sense financially.

Anyone know the situation with Bell in Canada?

ringlord

Every plan Verizon has is a "More Everything" plan. Regarless of whether you're going to share you data with other devices or other people or not.

Nope. But you would think so since they don't let you select their single line plan when you pre-order on the website (Apple's or Verizon's).

Verizon prominently advertises their $60 single line plan: http://www.verizonwireless.com/vzw/landingpages/single-line-data-plan/

I ended up calling a verizon store and they gladly let me pre-order a iPhone 6 over the phone with that plan.

DOWN

Banned

bsAXswW.png

8SKQSt3.png

Yeah I said the same thing earlier. Totally agree. Gold looked good when it was secondary to the white. With no white glass on the back, it just doesn't look good.

Deku Tree

Interesting, but if you go here http://store.apple.com/us/iphone/family/iphone/compare, scroll all the way down, and it says you get a 5W charger. Now, the link on the google search is for the 12W iPad charger. I dunno though.

That... looks... official... I am horrified. It is going to take forever to charge the 6 Plus with that thing... I'll compare charging with the 5W versus charging with my 12W once I get the 6 Plus if AT&T ever sends it to me.

kneePat

That... looks... official... I am horrified. It is going to take forever to charge the 6 Plus with that thing... I'll compare charging with the 5W versus charging with my 12W once I get the 6 Plus if AT&T ever sends it to me.

It all depends on if the plus will accept a 2A charge.

It all depends on if the plus will accept a 2A charge.

Of course it will. The buck converter on the phone will take care of it. I don't know what the charger PMIC uses, but I'm sure it's spec'ed to at least 2.1A. I assume the current limit is even higher (probably around 2.5-2.8A)

Xamdou

OMG THANK YOU. I haven't received any notifications from verizon or apple that my order was officially received but this totally worked! It now shows up on FedEX's website as arriving on the 19th!

How does this work!? dial *611>4>Say "orders">2>SS> 1

Do I dial 611 -> 4 ->say 4 -> Say Orders -> 2 -> SS -> 1

What does ss mean!?

Top Bottom