• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
How does this work!? dial *611>4>Say "orders">2>SS> 1

Do I dial 611 -> 4 ->say 4 -> Say Orders -> 2 -> SS -> 1

What does ss mean!?

I'm guessing you'd know if you tried it!

I'm saying that Apple has chosen to some how lock it at 1A.

Yes. If there is a EEPROM on the PMIC, then they could probably program it. But since it's an apple, it would be a custom part with a 1A channel of so.

If I wasn't at an outdoor concert I could research and get a better answer.

Deku Tree

Yes I agree, hopefully they don't do this for the 6s.

If the rumors are true that they had to scrap the 2amp wall charger at the last minute because it wasn't ready then they probably wouldn't change the internals of the 6 Plus to restrict it to only allow 1amp.

If the rumors are true that they had to scrap the 2amp wall charger at the last minute because it wasn't ready then they probably wouldn't change the internals of the 6 Plus to restrict it to only allow 1amp.

Yeah, just qualifying the device at the manufacturing site and getting through the PG process can take almost a year depending on the process/design complexity. It's far easier to have a wall charger backup plan than have a PCB board with 2 circuit placements. In fact, it's highly unlike because with the newer wafer scale chip packages on these chips you have to follow very close layout rules.

Jimrpg

Nah, nah, definitely still getting the phone. 6 Plus. Just in silver instead of gold this time.

Haha.

I can't decide either, im leaning gold if only because it was the more exclusive 5s colour.

I think the new iphones will surprise people when they get to see it up close.

the edges of the phone are curved now after 4 years of straight edged phones. But its not chunky like it was in the iphone 3 days. its slimmer again and its going to be nice to hold with that little bit of curve.

Haha.

I can't decide either, im leaning gold if only because it was the more exclusive 5s colour.

I think the new iphones will surprise people when they get to see it up close.

the edges of the phone are curved now after 4 years of straight edged phones. But its not chunky like it was in the iphone 3 days. its slimmer again and its going to be nice to hold with that little bit of curve.

See the color thing doesn't matter much to me minus the face of the phone. I put a full case on mine.

Gold 5S looks great because it had the white stripe at the top and bottom. It stops the phone from looking too tacky. The two tone approach helps stop the champagne color from being too overpowering.

bsAXswW.png

The iPhone 6 on the other hand, it's completely gold, and that's just a bit too much for me I think. If it still had the completely white parts at the top and bottom I'd jump on it.

8SKQSt3.png

Ah I see. I didn't get the Gold 5s so I never noticed it had the white stripes. It does look different without them.

For what it is, I like it. It's not for me, but I think it looks pretty neat. My sister's getting a Gold 6, so I'm really interested to see how it looks in hand.

Even though I always buy black, I would kind of be all over a top of the line iPhone in 5C colors. I would totally go for that yellow, green or light blue. Colorful phones are great.

All I've seen are the renders online, so I hope it comes out looking great in person. And I'd buy a green iPhone 6 in a heartbeat if they were available.

ciD_Vain

How does this work!? dial *611>4>Say "orders">2>SS> 1

Do I dial 611 -> 4 ->say 4 -> Say Orders -> 2 -> SS -> 1

What does ss mean!?

I didn't know what SS was either but on the phone, it asked me what my account billing password was so i punched that in. I don't remember what numbers i pressed but i picked the option that said something about tracking information. That gave me a tracking number to punch into fedex and fedex gave me a ship date. I called again and pressed the option to have an email sent to me with the same information.

Xamdou

Did you go for the iPhone 6 or the 6 Plus?

I expect month-out estimates for the iPhone 6 will wind up being two or three weeks at the most.

Golden 128GB Iphone 6+

Item Status shows: Preparing for ship but it's still showing the November estimate release.

Akim

Banned
Still nothing from Verizon about my + order. Just the original confirmation email. Getting a bit worried I won't get it until next month.

Corgi

Banned
Might just rock my 6 Plus without a case. Naked Apple is best Apple.
its the curve screen that has me iffy.

the 'safe sides' of accidental drops is drastically decreased from before.

And i've got quite a few chips on the front corners of my iphone 5 which would definitely game over the phone screens.

hmmmm

NYR

Ah I see. I didn't get the Gold 5s so I never noticed it had the white stripes. It does look different without them.

All I've seen are the renders online, so I hope it comes out looking great in person. And I'd buy a green iPhone 6 in a heartbeat if they were available.
Gold iphone is best iphone.

DarkFlow

Banned
AT&T is really pushing the shit out of this phone. I logged into my account today to pay my bill and asked me twice if I wanted to check my upgrades so I could buy a iPhone 6.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Chose my 6 Plus case and it's en route to my house. It's a clear flexible silicon case from Spigen.

That's basically the type of case that I rocked on my 4S. It's the best for me because it still shows off the color and style of the phone itself (Silver, btw!), while still protecting it. Props to those who like to personalize their phone with a unique case, but I like something that shows off Apple's design.

And soft shell cases > hard cases, IMO. They don't scratch, and absorb shocks easily. The only downside is that they yellow... and Spigen claims this one has an anti-yellowing design. We'll see!

Anybody coming from Android getting this? Debating whether to make the switch with android L close to release, not sure how much I'd miss it.

Xamdou

Chose my 6 Plus case and it's en route to my house. It's a clear flexible silicon case from Spigen.

That's basically the type of case that I rocked on my 4S. It's the best for me because it still shows off the color and style of the phone itself (Silver, btw!), while still protecting it. Props to those who like to personalize their phone with a unique case, but I like something that shows off Apple's design.

And soft shell cases > hard cases, IMO. They don't scratch, and absorb shocks easily. The only downside is that they yellow... and Spigen claims this one has an anti-yellowing design. We'll see!

Link to item? I have gone the clear route for my iphones as well just to see the metallic apple logo.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Guys someone talk me out of getting a Plus over a normal 6. It's really tempting but man what if it's too big?

The reason I went with the 6+ over the 6 is mainly because it may fundamentally change how I use my phone day to day.

- More likely to want to fill it with video content for viewing on the go
- More likely to want to read on it
- More likely to play meatier games on it
- Better web browsing experience

...all of these seem to really cater to this new brick of a 6+.

4.7 is bigger, but not so much so that it would really change the way I use my phone. At least I don't think it would be.

I'm willing to give the + a shot and always think that I could return it within a couple weeks if it doesn't work out.

Top Bottom