• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Mahonay

Banned
Hope you enjoy the drifter
giphy.gif

Kaladin

Or don't do that.

If people are saying things you don't agree with, don't participate in the argument.

There's a difference between saying things someone might not agree with and baiting an argument. I'm not talking about a typical poster here.....there are trolls that bring this same thing up constantly. It's why the Raw ratings thread got locked.

All I want for Smackdown is Tye Dillinger. If AJ heads to Raw next week the show is going to be impossible to watch.
I find the Tye thing really future-sad. We know what's coming for him - at best a tag-team run, at worst he'll be the friend of somebody who maybe gets the intercontinental championship.

Mustafa Ali looked amazing last night. Jinder...had presence. Regardless, happy to see peeps from South Asia representin' in WWE with little to no insulting stereotypes. Have to give them mad props for that.

Ditto with Breeze and Fandango yet the crossdressing bit last week had me unnerved for a second there as I was worried that the crossdressing itself would be the subject of the joke and not the why.

They're getting good advice from somewhere.

Hex

Banned
The funny thing is that, it seemed as if gangrel had a long run but in reality he didn't. Would've been interewto see him hold the strap during the ae.

I had high hopes at the time that since they went through the trouble of paying to license the name from White Wolf, that they would do something cool with him.
I liked him in the ring and he got around well plus that entrance.
But they started jobbing him out right away.
Reminds me alot of how they are handling Bray.

He's big, absurdly cut, and intense but everyone sees him as a geek and its just so hard to escape that. Jindher is the kind of guy who would benefit from spending a year or two in TNA or on the indies.

Yeah it's all relative. It's funny though because what you described is what I experience with Finn Balor. Dude pops collars and comes out as a demon and I laugh and see a Lego fan who screams "hop" during his workouts.

I had high hopes at the time that since they went through the trouble of paying to license the name from White Wolf, that they would do something cool with him.
I liked him in the ring and he got around well plus that entrance.
But they started jobbing him out right away.
Reminds me alot of how they are handling Bray.
I didn't even know what the White Wolf was back in the day. Actually didn't find out until a year or two ago.

But I think one of the problems that also fucked David was that Luna was causing issues so this fucked him over a little bit.

Hey Mania is over. Isn't it that time of year when they start canning people? How soon should we make a list?
I think now they just let contracts run out.

imBask

Banned
Lol. What is if about Jinder that you like? That he's extra veiny?

idk man his backstage promo with Zayn was alright last night, like i'm sure he could be an alright midcarder

but again that's just until he gets popped, those veins are pumping straight NOS

Crowd reaction bruh

Dude is way over with the WWE UNIVERSE.

I don't dislike him by any stretch of the imagination. I do worry about him running with the same formula in the ring over and over again. They all do in essence but, for some reason, I think with Balor it is much more...pronounced. Possibly due to the fact that a good chunk of his offense is a variant of a hop and a kick.

Mahonay

Banned
I will say Jinder right now is doing perfectly solid old school heel work. But it's pretty run of the mill and not particularly interesting.

Zach

So you're telling me that I need to add this Jinder fellow to my list of people who will definitely die in 2017 (along with Vince McMahon and Triple H).

imBask

Banned
So you're telling me that I need to add this Jinder fellow to my list of people who will definitely die in 2017 (along with Vince McMahon and Triple H).

if Vince and HHH are on your list, Jinder should've died last year according to your standards

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Jinder was involved in the Sami Zayn-est match last night. Beat him up before the bell, did 90% of the offense for the match then randomly died to a single Yakuza Kick.

jmdajr

Steroids alone won't kill you. Granted I don't know if HHH has ever been addicted to pain killers. I know he doesn't drink, and I assume, do recreational drugs.

If HHH is gonna die soon, so is Rock.

If Rusev didn't get hurt I'm sure Jinder wouldn't be doing anything. That Gronk spot at Mania seemed like the typical Rusev spot. Great that Jinder's getting some time, but seriously, dudes on the verge of becoming the Altered Beast.

NastyBook

Fuck the haters.
Balor is great.
Come at me...

6wornvv.gif
Yeah, I like Balor, too. That match he had with Apollo Crews in NXT where he completely shut down Crews' high octane offense was one of the better matches I saw that year. It told a story and entertained me at the same time.

Top Bottom