• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Zach

For realz, though, what would happen if Vince and Triple McMahon both died this month?

I apologize for my morbidity. >_>

imBask

Banned
For realz, though, what would happen if Vince and Triple McMahon both died this month?

I apologize for my morbidity. >_>

Steph would take over with the help of the billions of old timers backstage, my guess is that not much would change for a while

Sephzilla

Considering Vince is juiced as fuck and is a workaholic who barely sleeps I'm honestly shocked he's still alive. I thought his body would have given out by now

Zach

Considering Vince is juiced as fuck and is a workaholic who barely sleeps I'm honestly shocked he's still alive. I thought his body would have given out by now

I saw a picture from last night. That dude's not making it out of this week. RIP.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Despite what movies make you think, being a majority shareholder doesn't make you the dictator of a company
Nope, the shareholders are very much majority controlled by Vince. Vince owns less than 50% of the company now, but he also controls like 49.7% of the stock, except all of Vince's stock is preferred shares that get twice the shareholder votes of anyone else. He legitimately does get to do whatever he wants within reason.

The answer is that it would depend on what Vince's trust says as to who gets the majority shares.

klonere

Banned
Like HHH taking over is not a guarantee, he ain't no Harvard MBA.

NXT is kind of a mechanism for him to get the experience requirements to be CEO one day.

Who did it better,

C8iVLJBXcAEnTbj.jpg

or
hqdefault.jpg

wouldn't Steph get all the shares from both of them and vote for herself?

If it is written in a buy-sell agreement, then yes. We don't know what that looks like. Theoretically, Vince could have laid out plans to sell his shares to remaining shareholders with contingencies (my daughter remains executive of company after i die, for example). Presuming she gets all his shares is a bit of a leap.

While he's basically a jobber, Jinder did basically start getting regular appearances on Raw when everyone took notice of the fact the dude was huge. I mean, Enzo & Cass pulled a promo on the veins at one point.

Jinder and Neville are my picks for guys I am shocked haven't been busted to be popped yet.

Kaladin

cordy

Banned
- No official word yet on if John Cena and Nikki Bella will be appearing on tonight's post-WrestleMania 33 SmackDown but WWE indicated in their official preview that the couple may take at least this week off to celebrate their engagement. Cena is not advertised for tonight's show and as noted, he's been removed from all live events and pay-per-view events for this summer, including SummerSlam on August 20th. Nikki has been removed from summer live events and pay-per-views as well. We've noted how Cena was scheduled to take time off after WrestleMania to film "The Pact" and that movie will begin production in Atlanta on Wednesday, April 19th. Filming is scheduled to run through Friday, June 9th. "The Pact" is set to be released on April 28th, 2018.
-

Sephzilla

I don't know if this was mentioned at all here, but some fans dressed as Stone Cold, Warrior and a referee had their own match in the stands before the pre-show started. They had the entire arena chanting before it ended. Security allowed it to happen.

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/wrestlemania-33-fake-match-stone-cold-ultimate-warrior-fans/3/

Best coverage I've seen of it

or a full match Youtube link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-HwUSZAxWE

Potential match of the night right there.

This is great.

Unfortunately it's going to trigger copycats

The Raw after WrestleMania, in what is traditionally the most-watched show of the year, did 3.76 million viewers, which is up from the 3.61 million for the show the day after the Royal Rumble. It was down eight percent from last year's 4.09 million on the similar show, but that's good in comparison since Raw most weeks is down double digits from the same week a year earlier.

Raw was the highest rated show on cable, as The O'Reilly Factor did 3.65 million viewers for second place.

The big competition was the North Carolina vs. Gonzaga NCAA tournament final that did 23 million viewers on CBS. Last year's tournament final did 17.75 million viewers, but last year was a combination of three different cable stations and this year was on a network station so while it's way up, it's a hard direct comparison to make.

The viewer pattern was the usual post-daylight savings time with the second hour being the highest and a big third hour drop.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.83 million viewers
9 p.m. 3.89 million viewers
10 p.m. 3.58 million viewers

Top Bottom