• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Syder

Haven't followed NXT in a long time now. What are they doing with Blake & Murphy? Any chance they'd get paired with Alexa again and could feud with Enzo, Cass & Carmella or something?

somedevil

Haven't followed NXT in a long time now. What are they doing with Blake & Murphy? Any chance they'd get paired with Alexa again and could feud with Enzo, Cass & Carmella or something?

Well Blake has ditched his beautiful blake gimmick and seemed to team with Steve culter and came out dressed like this at last night NXT house show:

C8_YUe2XgAEtr1a.jpg

Menome

Blake & Murphy haven't been on TV in months. Coincidentally since about the time we found out one of them got Sara Lee pregnant.

Ultratech

The jewelry flying kills me.

It's like when Sonic loses his rings.

lol

That's pretty good.

Good question. Last I remember, they split, then they teased getting back together...after that I forget.

Murphy's been seen off and on sporadically, that's about all I know.

Hex

Banned
also shibata's never going to win the title i dont know if you guys have accepted that or not by this point but its pretty obvious theyre never going to give it to him

theyd give it to cody before him

Hey, about enough of that throwing shade on Shibata ..
It stops here

Syder

Pretty much nothing since Alexa's call up.
Well Blake has ditched his beautiful blake gimmick and seemed to team with Steve culter and came out dressed like this at last night NXT house show:
Blake & Murphy haven't been on TV in months. Coincidentally since about the time we found out one of them got Sara Lee pregnant.
Good question. Last I remember, they split, then they teased getting back together...after that I forget.

Murphy's been seen off and on sporadically, that's about all I know.
Their gimmick with Alexa is/was pretty jobberish, mid-cardy nothing but I've always liked Buddy Murphy's look and he had an interesting match with Nakamura last year where he sold the Kinshasa better than anyone I've ever seen.
murphy_stat.png

He's a bit of juice away from being a dead ringer for 2000 Triple H.

Decided to skip most of the tag stuff in for Sakura and go right to Fale/Omega vs Ishii/Yano.

I really love watching Omega work with Yano. I feel like one of the signs of a good wrestler is a guy who can main event but also adjust their in-ring work for stuff like Yano.

Also really great to see Ricochet and Juice teaming with Tana. Juice really has come a long way.

The pop for Naito during the entrances was just silly. He's so insanely over.

Hex

Banned
Their gimmick with Alexa is/was pretty jobberish, mid-cardy nothing but I've always liked Buddy Murphy's look and he had an interesting match with Nakamura last year where he sold the Kinshasa better than anyone I've ever seen.
murphy_stat.png

It's eerie.
It's like....Triple H and Sami Zayne had a man baby

klonere

Banned

He always gets very glowing reports from house shows and is very much respected as an excellent wrestler. I think he'd do really well if he could get the Juice Robinson deal in NJPW, possibly even end up better than Juice. But I think being engaged (?) to Alexa and all will keep him WWE. And there's probably no room for him in Japan right now.

I get this weird feeling sometimes that Triple H's 'NXT is a third brand now and not developmental anymore' comments is just an excuse to explain why basically all the NXT champs have been well known independent guys for the past three years and not any homegrown talent.

Syder

He always gets very glowing reports from house shows and is very much respected as an excellent wrestler. I think he'd do really well if he could get the Juice Robinson deal in NJPW, possibly even end up better than Juice. But I think being engaged (?) to Alexa and all will keep him WWE. And there's probably no room for him in Japan right now.
Holy shit, his twitter name is NXT's Best Kept Secret

q7Y2pIln_400x400.jpg

is this gimmick new?

I get this weird feeling sometimes that Triple H's 'NXT is a third brand now and not developmental anymore' comments is just an excuse to explain why basically all the NXT champs have been well known independent guys for the past three years and not any homegrown talent.

Because that's true? I could have sworn they even said as much on an earnings call that NXT was going to move away from Full Sail and turn into a touring brand.

Heroman

Banned
It a werid t cause NXT doesn't make money and doesn't produce homegrown talent.

somedevil

If you mean the main championship then yeah the last homegrown champ was Bo Dallas.

They have more homegrown women and tag team champs. Though you do get in this murky area of how do classify Sasha and Bayley.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
_stat.png

I mean whether he ever goes anywhere he's beating he majority of the NXT roster by being engaged to Alexa Bliss.

Yeah seriously

Ricochet looked flawless in his few spots. Also good for Juice, surprised how well he's doing and how responsive the crowd is for him

Not to start down this road, but it really makes me wonder the hell is going on in WWE that they can't make their multi-man matches more fun? They so often turn into "everyone laying on the floor while everyone gets their spots in". This happens to in NJPW and Progress, but there always still seems to be a match going on.

I think I just hate the current state of the WWE tag division above everything.

141c9ff56d6ce8da77333dad38655587.jpg

What a pair of goobers.

Top Bottom