• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Not to start down this road, but it really makes me wonder the hell is going on in WWE that they can't make their multi-man matches more fun? They so often turn into "everyone laying on the floor while everyone gets their spots in". This happens to in NJPW and Progress, but there always still seems to be a match going on.

I think I just hate the current state of the WWE tag division above everything.
I could say the same thing about majority of the in-ring stuff (singles, tag, etc)

Even the most darling of indie darlings seem to eventually be whittled down to the same moveset of like 5 regular moves spaced out for commercial breaks. It's at a point where I'm more invested in the actual story of stuff on Smackdown than any actual matches or PPV

WWE seems to think tag matches are exclusively building to hot tags and cheating which like...whatever.

I could say the same thing about majority of the in-ring stuff (singles, tag, etc)

Even the most darling of indie darlings seem to eventually be whittled down to the same moveset of like 5 regular moves spaced out for commercial breaks. It's at a point where I'm more invested in the actual story of stuff on Smackdown than any actual matches or PPV

WWE seems to think tag matches are exclusively building to hot tags and cheating which like...whatever.

Yeah, absolutely feel the same here for the TV stuff. The big PPV are more varied, but some still have a very repetitive feel.

I'm hoping Revival help make tag stuff less boring because they are such classic heels and I love it (and miss it a lot).

Hex

Banned
Considering that my promotion doesn't lose money it's​ doing better then NXT.

UVJQt0C.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Man Dave is ripping JBL a new one about the whole Mauro thing. Good for Dave!

"Russo.... This is Vince, I need you to attack a certain group of people to get the heat off of John for him making fun of that Motherfucker Mauro."

"Bro,I swear to go.."

"Thanks pal, I owe you one."

Anth0ny

Okada vs Shibata

Okada vs a man who thinks it's still real

I JUST WATCHED A 5 STAR MATCH

SHIBATA IS THE TOUGHEST MOTHER FUCKER ON THE PLANET

WATCH THIS MATCH IF YOU WANT TO SEE A SHOOTER SHOOT ON A WORKER DURING A WORKED SHOOT

Never thought Goto could pull of a technical match with ZSJ, but here we are. Sakura has turned out to be pretty great thus far (granted I skipped half the show).

The NJPW jr heavy multi team tag matches filled with the ROH/Indy guys are the fucking worst.

It's just the most pointless shit possible with no direction, heat or structure. It's flips and stuff for the sake of it. The tags mean nothing and it's just a giant cluster fuck. Who actually enjoys this?

Casual fans are generally into those car crash matches. The Jr tag match at SG was the worst thing on the card by a mile so if that's the alternative New Japan should grab a bunch of spot guys right now.

Never thought Goto could pull of a technical match with ZSJ, but here we are. Sakura has turned out to be pretty great thus far (granted I skipped half the show).

If you skipped the LiJ - Taguchi Japan match go check it out. Super fun multi-man. Like a lot of the NJ heavyweights Goto has a strong amateur background so work submission style isn't too much of a stretch.

Casual fans are generally into those car crash matches. The Jr tag match at SG was the worst thing on the card by a mile so if that's the alternative New Japan should grab a bunch of spot guys right now.

If you skipped the LiJ - Taguchi Japan match go check it out. Super fun multi-man. Like a lot of the NJ heavyweights Goto has a strong amateur background so work submission style isn't too much of a stretch.

I commented a page or two back about how great the LiJ-Taguchi match was. It's more that low-card stuff that I get put off from.

Cagey

Banned
After I finish my half enjoyed half chore run through Andromeda, which should I grab first of the two: Persona 5 or Yakuza 0.

Never played either series before (though I did love Sleeping Dogs).

Top Bottom