• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Caderfix

Losing Miz and Alexa will hurt, unless they're replaced by equals.

SD really needs some top level tag teams.

My sources told me they'll get the Hardyz, as they are in an expedition of gold. They'll get the belts from the Usos and the tag division will be become one again.

Sephzilla is my source.

Why? So they can poorly book more talent?

Smackdown is great, but their handling of the tag team division is a fucking joke. The problem is in the booking, not the talent. Adding more teams wouldn't do a damn thing.

Breezeango, American Alpha, Usos and The Ascension .... yeah some real high quality stuff there

Usos are the only ones worth a damn as AA have cooled off a ton

RBH

Josh Matthews is getting a t-shirt........

C8xguPKXgAAL8r5.jpg:large

http://shoptna.com/g-o-a-t.aspx

Losing Miz and Alexa will hurt, unless they're replaced by equals.

SD really needs some top level tag teams.

Oh definitely. Whilst I think Bliss could be reasonably replaced by Charlotte, I'm not sure there's anyone to replace the Miz. Owens maybe.

As for tag teams, it could do with a little freshening up, but I think it's the booking that's the issue. They got the Slater/Rhyno story right and then pretty much nothing since.

jurgen

Why? So they can poorly book more talent?

Smackdown is great, but their handling of the tag team division is a fucking joke. The problem is in the booking, not the talent. Adding more teams wouldn't do a damn thing.

There's a ton of talent but they made two mistakes that seemed like good ideas at the time.

First, they put the belts on Slater and Rhyno. Slater got too over and couldn't be avoided.

Then American Alpha went over like a lead balloon.

kiguel182

Putting the title on Slater wasn't a mistake. The mistake was giving them nothing after getting the title. Those dudes got over on their segments and a soon as they became champions they had no meaningful feuds or segments.

Waste of a good program.

Caderfix

Putting the title on Slater wasn't a mistake. The mistake was giving them nothing after getting the title. Those dudes got over on their segments and a soon as they became champions they had no meaningful feuds or segments.

Waste of a good program.

Yes. They hit a glass ceiling super hard.

The weirdest part is that they're still somewhat over. It's really hard to understand this company.

Heroman

Banned

Waste of a good program.
They were a comedy tag team, they were never going to be anything.

Yes. They hit a glass ceiling super hard.

The weirdest part is that they're still somewhat over. It's really hard to understand this company.

It's really not in this case. They were a comedy team to help push the initial belts, that's it.

The Red Rooster was over too, btu that didn't mean the guy deserved a world title reign

Caderfix

It's really not in this case. They were a comedy team to help push the initial belts, that's it.

The Red Rooster was over too, btu that didn't mean the guy deserved a world title reign

Rhyno was treated as a real threat by everyone and Slater was holding his own in the ring, they were a legit team with comedy elements, like the new day.

Braun Strowman is officially my favorite current wrestler.

Stowman has been my favorite part of RAW since the split. He is awesome.

how credible is that source?

That same source says New Robocop is the best Robocop, so I'm not too sure.

Fox318

Waste of a good program.

spot on.

Problem is the smackdown belts have no heat outside of the intercontinental title.

You could cut the Smackdown, WWE, Smackdown Tag, US, and Smackdown's Women's title and nobody would care.

Caderfix

Reading the youtube comments section in the Braun beat down video is something else. It amazes me that so many people are still not sure if it is fake or not, some even think it's real.

creatchee

The Braun beatdown of Reigns was legit one of my favorite segments of Raw ever. The crowd chanting "You deserve it" while Braun is destroying Reigns is all the more proof that Reigns has surpassed X-Pac heat with a sizabe portion of the audience.

I'm not a Hate Roman bandwagonner, but the alarming part of this was that Long Island was essentially a dead crowd last night, yet they perked right up to boo and chant when Roman was getting himself perished. I mean, he got a freaking "you deserve it" chant while getting his head caved in.

It's not a good look.

Kaladin

So Smackdown is going to be headlined by AJ Styles, Nakamura, Roman Reigns (assuming the Strowman beat down was a write off) and KO?

Could Smackdown get Lesnar and have the WWE Championship change hands at the PPV back to Wyatt to bring that belt to Raw?

I'm not a Hate Roman bandwagonner, but the alarming part of this was that Long Island was essentially a dead crowd last night, yet they perked right up to boo and chant when Roman was getting himself perished. I mean, he got a freaking "you deserve it" chant while getting his head caved in.

It's not a good look.
Vince will twist it around into being that Roman's waking up a dead crowd and no one else is to make it look like a good thing, despite the fact it's for negative chants.

Sephzilla

It's not a good look.

Vince Logic = BUT HE GOT A REACTION WHICH MEANS WE NEED TO KEEP PUSHING HIM

kiguel182

They were a comedy tag team, they were never going to be anything.

They were over. They could've been anything if booked as such. They weren't booked at all.

You can classify things however you like put people liked them and wanted to see them and instead got nothing.

kiguel182

Smackdown wise I hope they take the title off Orton fast. He can have some good programs with AJ or Nakamura but everything else feels old with the dude.

Kaladin

Smackdown wise I hope they take the title off Orton fast. He can have some good programs with AJ or Nakamura but everything else feels old with the dude.

I think it all depends if the Universal title goes to Smackdown with Lesnar or not. If Lesnar stays on Raw, Orton will be keeping the belt for a while.

Top Bottom