• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

and it was glued on as she walked up the ramp after the win.

Charlotte looked legit pissed before the match started and after
doing the job on her last night of raw before jumping to sd along with being dropped right onto her neck

her and nia are really good friends in real life though so maybe she'll be cool with it, even if she was lucky to not end up with a broken neck

Caderfix

I'm in the camp people are booing/cheering him because they find it fun. But, and this is vince logic, it does really show just how "popular" he is. If no one gave a shit about what happened to him they wouldnt' have done shit.

I'm from the camp people boo Roman because he is boring, overpushed AND over exposed. Vince logic will change to justify his actions. Regardless of how the crowd reacts, he will make sure to be "right", even if a character's "popularity" comes from the crowd wanting such character gone.

takerface.gif

Everyone wants to be HBK so bad with this kicking out of the finishers constantly nonsense.

Why would he pull the cameraman into the Undertaker's path when he could have just dodged without doing that
non-kayfabe wise the point of the spot was to have someone catch undertaker

and as you can see given snuka's son botched it, taker goes right down on his head

Sephzilla

HBK/Taker at WM25 is also one of the rare matches were kicking out of finishers multiple times actually worked and added to the match, in my opinion. The match felt like it was Taker and HBK clashing at the height of their powers.

Majukun

takerface.gif

Everyone wants to be HBK so bad with this kicking out of the finishers constantly nonsense.

always found finishers in modern wrestling a bit silly..they are supposed to be powerful moves,but they can't be always the end all..especially when you see wrestler that uses someone's "normal moves" as finishers...why a bayley to bailey should hurt more than a belly to belly done by any other female wrestler?

or that cruserweight (if i remember correctly) that has Style's ushigoroshi as a finisher,while aj uses it as a normal (but powerful) move.

HBK/Taker at WM25 is also one of the rare matches were kicking out of finishers multiple times actually worked and added to the match, in my opinion. The match felt like it was Taker and HBK clashing at the height of their powers.
I agree.

It does make me laugh when HHH does the same at 27 like he was trying to copy the hype (which he basically does because there's no fucking coincidence in his BBF having two great back to back matches with Taker at Mania only for HHH to do the same).

doing the job on her last night of raw before jumping to sd along with being dropped right onto her neck

her and nia are really good friends in real life though so maybe she'll be cool with it, even if she was lucky to not end up with a broken neck

Yeah I actually really like her as a person and think she comes off as one of the more sincere and nicest people back stage (her twitter page is legit awesome). I was an early fan of hers and was rooting for her. Still do but i do not deny she keeps taking steps backward and not forward. I hope she figures this out.

Guzim

I agree.

It does make me laugh when HHH does the same at 27 like he was trying to copy the hype (which he basically does because there's no fucking coincidence in his BBF having two great back to back matches with Taker at Mania only for HHH to do the same).

I did not care for Taker-HHH at 27. It especially didn't help that WWE aired these types of videos for weeks after the match too. I thought their match at 28 (End of an Era) was better.

atomsk

Party Pooper
It's kind of fucked up that WWE put Byron Saxton on Smackdown. Saxton, a commentator whose character seems to be that he is bullied by other commentators (Graves on Raw). I can only see him getting it every week from JBL till it's a normal thing that is a part of JBL's character.

We already had months of this before JBL got drafted to Smackdown last year.

He spent a good chunk of time literally wishing death upon Saxton

"If you were on life support I'd pull the plug to charge my iPhone."

"I wish you were never born ever..."

etc etc

Maybe this move is to make JBL finally snap on air so they can fire him.

Zach

It was really good. If I had to rate it for the local newspaper, I'd give it four and a quarter starz. Imagine how cool it would've been had kicking out of finishers not become commonplace. It was still effective, but it could have been more meaningful. That was the kind of match you should save that foolishness for. Ah well.

Guzim

Watching last nights Raw. Was Kurt always that short? Sami and Miz are towering over him

Yep.

Apparently when Angle first got the title, HHH complained that Angle was too short. Gerald Brisco then said that HHH should try to take down Angle. HHH decided not to.

Zach

Oh yeah, I liked Michaels entrance, too. That was pretty fun.

Speaking of entrances, how about this Cena entrance? 5,000 Cenas lining the entrance ramp. Vince's wet dream. Hoping they do this for Reigns at the next Manio. >_>

Caderfix

Yep.

Apparently when Angle first got the title, HHH complained that Angle was too short. Gerald Brisco then said that HHH should try to take down Angle. HHH decided not to.

One of my favorite backstage stories. Also, tere was the Steph, HHH and Angle story in which HHH told the writers that it wouldn't be believable that a woman would leave him for Kurt, and thus, for credibility's sake, it had to end.

HHH was/is so full of himself, man.

Guzim

Oh yeah, I liked Michaels entrance, too. That was pretty fun.

Speaking of entrances, how about this Cena entrance? 5,000 Cenas lining the entrance ramp. Vince's wet dream. Hoping they do this for Reigns at the next Manio. >_>
Hahaha, 5,000 Romans walking down the ramp would be hilarious.
One of my favorite backstage stories. Also, tere was the Steph, HHH and Angle story in which HHH told the writers that it wouldn't be believable that a woman would leave him for Kurt, and thus, for credibility's sake, it had to end.

HHH was/is so full of himself, man.

I was always under the impression that it ended because the writer left and WWE had no idea how to end it on their own. But that'd be hilarious if HHH ended the storyline for that reason.

Heroman

Banned
always found finishers in modern wrestling a bit silly..they are supposed to be powerful moves,but they can't be always the end all..especially when you see wrestler that uses someone's "normal moves" as finishers...why a bayley to bailey should hurt more than a belly to belly done by any other female wrestler?

or that cruserweight (if i remember correctly) that has Style's ushigoroshi as a finisher,while aj uses it as a normal (but powerful) move.
Kayfabe is that the wreslter whole move set is to set up there finisher a move that they have been perfecting for years.

#Fact

Raw is the Superior brand just for having the superior athlete Braun Strowman on it. That's a shoot.

Raw has had some of the best segments in years (Festival of Friendship, The Assassination of Roman Reigns by the Hero Braun Strowman). I just hope the people they picked up get a better chance to shine than on SmackDown.

Striker

I can withstand finishers being kicked out of once in a while, but they do it every single PPV and even on the weekly TV show. It's total nonsense.

Watching last nights Raw. Was Kurt always that short? Sami and Miz are towering over him
He's probably 5'10" or something (never go by WWE's claimed height and weight). Throw in neck injuries over the past decade, it's gonna drop him in size. Hogan had the same problem with his back.

Majukun

Kayfabe is that the wreslter whole move set is to set up there finisher a move that they have been perfecting for years.

so hogan "perfected" the leg drop? or the rock "perfected" the elbow drop?

never really saw finishers as something the wrestler has perfected more than other poeple... but no one ever gave me the kayfabe manual :p

Zach

Al of the faux Cenas did the "you can't see me", too! Imagine all of the Romans doing his furious fist-jacking thing. :D

Majukun

I don't want to be THAT guy, but Roman deserves every bit of kudos for putting himself on the receiving end of that beat down to give fans what they want.

no he doesn't

he is just doing his job..and an easy part too

and even after that beatdown,he is stil in a better spot than other better wrestlers....i mean there are guys that job to nikki bella, those deserve a pat on the back

You know, unless they went ahead and used pre-shot footage for tipping the ambulance, I think it would have been safe for Roman to be in there when it was tipped over.

For sure, I meant the stretcher bit. I refuse to believe anything other than Braun tipping that ambulance over through pure strength.

Mahonay

Banned
Catching up on RAW. Ok so far.

WTF was up with Jinder throwing super stiff elbows and punches to Finn? His face was fucked up from it. Let's just have Jinder fuck up one of your top faces for no reason.

Oh hey Bray is feuding with Finn now.

Caderfix

no he doesn't

he is just doing his job..and an easy part too

and even after that beatdown,he is stil in a better spot than other better wrestlers....i mean there are guys that job to nikki bella, those deserve a pat on the back

Roman sold VERY well, it's not something common at all, only a few guys are actually capable to sell an "injury" and Roman is one of them. As for it being easy, taking bumps is far from it.

Top Bottom