• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

What kind of silly ass question is, what do they intend to do with roman next? Motherfucker, what's always the goal for Roman? Make him look strong, they did this so he can overcome the odds and get off screen because maybe fans will feel sympathetic that he could've died so they will cheer when he comes back next week but that's not going to happen. He's going to get booed even more.

End goal: make him look strong.

I should've stayed with dropping Raw after last week's, Braun becoming the biggest face in the company aside, that was boring. Alexa completely outclass both Sasha and Bayley on the mic at the same time which was kind of hilarious even if expected.

From the cut to "Roman" getting set off the edge while on the stretcher to the ambulance tipping was clearly pre-taped, of course they also didn't show the other side of the gimmicked ambulance for obvious reasons, just that weird cut to the back as Braun was tipping it over

Watching last nights Raw. Was Kurt always that short? Sami and Miz are towering over him

I think I have said something similar before, but I find it so weird going to wrestling shows after seeing people presented on TV.

I'm a bit over 6ft myself, but seeing these wrestlers live, it is always so weird. Most of them are way smaller than me and most of my friends.

Asuka and Ember Moon are fucking tiny too.

I understand they WWE present and promote a certain image, but it seems ridiculous when you actually go to live events.

Guzim

Oh, I think I forgot to say: Ricky Steamboat can still go, brother!

I assume you're watching 25 on the Network? Did you ever see it when it aired on PPV? Kevin Dunn originally cut to a different shot when Ricky Steamboat "skin the cat" so that originally wasn't shown on the PPV. Luckily, they fixed it for the Network.

Catching up on RAW. Ok so far.

WTF was up with Jinder throwing super stiff elbows and punches to Finn? His face was fucked up from it. Let's just have Jinder fuck up one of your top faces for no reason.

Oh hey Bray is feuding with Finn now.

I wonder if Vince told Jinder "Let's see what he's got" before the match

Heroman

Banned
Catching up on RAW. Ok so far.

WTF was up with Jinder throwing super stiff elbows and punches to Finn? His face was fucked up from it. Let's just have Jinder fuck up one of your top faces for no reason.

Oh hey Bray is feuding with Finn now.
He watched okada vs Shibata.

Zach

I assume you're watching 25 on the Network? Did you ever see it when it aired on PPV? Kevin Dunn originally cut to a different shot when Ricky Steamboat "skin the cat" so that originally wasn't shown on the PPV. Luckily, they fixed it for the Network.
Yes, I'm watching 25. Kevin Dunn is a schmuck. I try not to pay attention to camera stuff because it distracts, but there's something glaringly dumb at least once per show.

Ember is 5'2" max and Asuka is like 5'3", so yeah they're rather tiny.

I remember seeing Big Show in person down in OVW and I'm around average height but seeing him in person up close I was kinda underwhelmed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Caderfix

From the cut to "Roman" getting set off the edge while on the stretcher to the ambulance tipping was clearly pre-taped, of course they also didn't show the other side of the gimmicked ambulance for obvious reasons, just that weird cut to the back as Braun was tipping it over

The camera man was legit shook, that's why we didn't get a better angle. It was all real, friend.

klonere

Banned
If you thought Wyatt vs Orton was corny bullshit I cannot WAIT to see what they have cooked up for The Demon King™ vs The Eater of Worlds™

Zach

Aaaahahaha, Triple H, Vince McMahon, and Shane McMahon... what a supergroup!

I'm fast-forwarding through this garbage.

Caderfix

I'm 5'11" and was super disappointed when I saw myself towering over The Great Khali in a WWE house show back in Brasil. They're all so tiny.

Shouldn't Finn be used to stiff working styles after years of working for NJPW? Finn should rock him right back next time.
Sure, but not after years of working for WWE

Finn already popped his dislocated shoulder back in and finished a match, I think he's proven himself to Vince at this point lol

Mahonay

Banned
Shouldn't Finn be used to stiff working styles after years of working for NJPW?
Jinder is a giant roid man who threw what looked like a shoot elbow to the face to a much smaller Finn. Finn was not working stiff in return, and hasn't been during his entire time in WWE. Not the same, at all. lol.

We better be getting these two on SmackDown tonight, as a team again

tumblr_nzhf6kb92h1sbzhteo1_400.gif

Toki767

Lol @ the crowd popping hard for Braun shoving Reigns on a stretcher off a loading dock. God damn.

The best part was when they were setting up Reigns on the stretcher and the crowd was chanting "You deserve it!"

Best use of that chant I've ever heard.

Caderfix

In an actual wrestling match, Kurt Angle defeated Brock Lesnar at a 90 pounds disadvantage. Brock didn't take him down at all. Calling him out due to his height is so dumb.

jmdajr

Dean making some good money. I can see why he's just you know, whatever.

Forbes List
Top 10 Highest-Paid WWE Wrestlers
Pos. Wrestler Earnings
1 Brock Lesnar $12 million
2 John Cena $8 million
3 Triple H $3.8 million
4 Roman Reigns $3.5 million
5 Dean Ambrose $2.7 million
6 AJ Styles $2.4 million
7 Shane McMahon $2.2 million
T8 The Undertaker $2 million
T8 Seth Rollins $2 million
10 Randy Orton $1.9 million

Kaladin

What do you do with Nakamura other than main event? He's a once in a lifetime talent like Lesnar.....also, if AJ and Nakamura are on Smackdown, how is that not in the plans?

Kaladin

Pos. Wrestler Earnings
2 John Cena $8 million
3 Triple H $3.8 million
6 AJ Styles $2.4 million

Brock got that money truck

Caderfix

Pos. Wrestler Earnings
2 John Cena $8 million
3 Triple H $3.8 million
6 AJ Styles $2.4 million

Lesnar, man... Fuck...

Tall4Life

What do you do with Nakamura other than main event? He's a once in a lifetime talent like Lesnar.....also, if AJ and Nakamura are on Smackdown, how is that not in the plans?

I think it definitely is now. WWE has cooled off on Cena being involved in everything so the world title scene on SDL will be pretty exciting and not centered around putting over one guy, which is what Raw's world title will be about

Sephzilla

Forbes List
Pos. Wrestler Earnings
2 John Cena $8 million
3 Triple H $3.8 million
6 AJ Styles $2.4 million

$15.8 million dollars for two wrestlers who wrestle in 4 matches a year total...

kiguel182

In an actual wrestling match, Kurt Angle defeated Brock Lesnar at a 90 pounds disadvantage. Brock didn't take him down at all. Calling him out due to his height is so dumb.

Even with that disadvantage Angle is an Olympic Gold Medalist. Lesnar can't compare wrestling wise. Angle is in a class of his own.

Forbes List
Pos. Wrestler Earnings
2 John Cena $8 million
3 Triple H $3.8 million
6 AJ Styles $2.4 million
I'm curious to know how much money Orton and Rollins would have made if they had been full time for the whole year instead of returning from injury at a later stage.

Forbes List
Pos. Wrestler Earnings
2 John Cena $8 million
3 Triple H $3.8 million
6 AJ Styles $2.4 million
This is pretty sad on so many levels. I wonder how much Finn makes?

Caderfix

Even with that disadvantage Angle is an Olympic Gold Medalist. Lesnar can't compare wrestling wise. Angle is in a class of his own.

Exactly. Brock was huge and on NCAA level, and still, Angle is such a high level athlete that he was able to handle him without much problems. That's why HHH calling Angle out on his height is so dumb. The guy is a machine, even now after putting his body though hell.

Sephzilla

It was really good. If I had to rate it for the local newspaper, I'd give it four and a quarter starz. Imagine how cool it would've been had kicking out of finishers not become commonplace. It was still effective, but it could have been more meaningful. That was the kind of match you should save that foolishness for. Ah well.

Honestly, kicking out of finishers wasn't that commonplace around WM25. It happened but it wasn't as ridiculous as it is now. HBK/Taker @ WM25 is sort of what started the modern day finisher spam/kickout fest

Top Bottom