• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

This is pretty sad on so many levels. I wonder how much Finn makes?
I think with the exception of Nakamura who I believe is getting paid big bucks, NXT pay is a fair bit lower then main roster. Plus being injured out half the year probably doesn't mean he was getting paid a lot post Summerslam outside of merch stuff (but his merch sells like crazy so he probably got some good stuff).

jmdajr

Honestly, kicking out of finishers wasn't that commonplace around WM25. It happened but it wasn't as ridiculous as it is now. HBK/Taker @ WM25 is sort of what started the modern day finisher spam/kickout fest

Undertaker face was a perfect reaction. That's how I felt.

Like.... WUTTTTT??????

Tom Nook

Dean making some good money. I can see why he's just you know, whatever.

Forbes List
Top 10 Highest-Paid WWE Wrestlers
Pos. Wrestler Earnings
1 Brock Lesnar $12 million
2 John Cena $8 million
3 Triple H $3.8 million
4 Roman Reigns $3.5 million
5 Dean Ambrose $2.7 million
6 AJ Styles $2.4 million
7 Shane McMahon $2.2 million
T8 The Undertaker $2 million
T8 Seth Rollins $2 million
10 Randy Orton $1.9 million

Brock Lesnar is getting paid.

Happy for AJ.

Sephzilla

Undertaker face was a perfect reaction. That's how I felt.

Like.... WUTTTTT??????

Yep. I know I've said this before but HBK kicking out of the Tombstone complete with the gimmick pin made my Mania party go nuclear. JR's "out of body experience" call was so incredibly spot on.

Let's be happy for AJ! That's some good money.
No kidding. Glad that he is making bank at the WWE.

I think with the exception of Nakamura who I believe is getting paid big bucks, NXT pay is a fair bit lower then main roster. Plus being injured out half the year probably doesn't mean he was getting paid a lot post Summerslam outside of merch stuff (but his merch sells like crazy so he probably got some good stuff).
That is true. I didn't think of the time he was out of action ot his merch stuff.

cordy

Banned
Other potential names I'm hearing might go to SD tonight are Zayn, Owens, Shining Stars along with Charlotte of course. Not hearing anything about Rollins, Reigns, Balor or anyone else that big.

So basically SDL will be NXT 2.0.

Other potential names I'm hearing might go to SD tonight are Zayn, Owens, Shining Stars along with Charlotte of course. Not hearing anything about Rollins, Reigns, Balor or anyone else that big.

So basically SDL will be NXT 2.0.

Zayn and Owens on the same show. Again.

kiguel182

Exactly. Brock was huge and on NCAA level, and still, Angle is such a high level athlete that he was able to handle him without much problems. That's why HHH calling Angle out on his height is so dumb. The guy is a machine, even now after putting his body though hell.

That comment shows how ignorant HHH is (or was) really. An Olympic level athlete is on a level of their own.

I wonder what Kurt could've done on the UFC. Courmier is an Olympic wrestler and has one defeat and is champion. I wonder how Angle would've fared.

Fox318

Forbes List
Pos. Wrestler Earnings
2 John Cena $8 million
3 Triple H $3.8 million
6 AJ Styles $2.4 million
That drop off from Cena to the rest is exactly why Vince wants 50 50 booking.

He doesn't want to pay guys like WCW.

Majukun

Bodyguard status right there. Bliss had that smirk were she was interested in teaming up

and that's what doesn't make sense..why nia would wanna become her bodyguard if she just screamed that she is aiming for the title,and bliss basically was gonna say the same thing before micki james arrived?

Forbes List
Pos. Wrestler Earnings
2 John Cena $8 million
3 Triple H $3.8 million
6 AJ Styles $2.4 million

Does Triple H belong on that list? I assume he's getting paid more for his behind the scenes job than wrestling. (And what is Shane's current job anyway?)

kiguel182

I just don't want Reigns on Smackdown.

If they can elevate Owens they have a pretty great main-event scene going on.

I feel for the women's division since I think that got hit the hardest. Getting Charlotte is great but they lost Alexa and Mickie and Nicki (for the moment at least).

Their tag division is nonexistent and will probably continue to be so.

Caderfix

That comment shows how ignorant HHH is (or was) really. An Olympic level athlete is on a level of their own.

I wonder what Kurt could've done on the UFC. Courmier is an Olympic wrestler and has one defeat and is champion. I wonder how Angle would've fared.

Having in mind that back then the UFC athletes were not as refined as they are today, I have no doubts Kurt would've been champion at least a couple times with long reigns and be considered a legend nowadays. I imagine him being a better Couture.

I was originally in the camp of "separate Zayn and Owens" but since they have literally nothing for Zayn I'd rather see the two of them fight every week

Caderfix

I was originally in the camp of "separate Zayn and Owens" but since they have literally nothing for Zayn I'd rather see the two of them fight every week

Here's the thing, I don't think Zayn and Owens will feud if they go to SD. SD doesn't have that many stars, and both would fit perfectly as upper mid or main eventers. It's easy to make sure they don't cross paths so soon.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

Its a played out feud, but they still put on some good matches. Smackdown being better at booking might have them not fight each other every 2 weeks or so as well.

Hex

Banned

Forbes List
Pos. Wrestler Earnings
2 John Cena $8 million
3 Triple H $3.8 million
6 AJ Styles $2.4 million

Christ in hell Brock has to be doing private cam shows for Vince or something.
What an insane deal for such a minimal amount of work.

painey

Does Triple H belong on that list? I assume he's getting paid more for his behind the scenes job than wrestling. (And what is Shane's current job anyway?)

I'm pretty sure from some stock thing recently that HHH made $1m last year as a salary and then about $200k from stock dividends.

Kaladin

04112017_SocialEngagament__02.jpg

04112017_SocialEngagament__03.jpg

Heroman

Banned

Forbes List
Pos. Wrestler Earnings
2 John Cena $8 million
3 Triple H $3.8 million
6 AJ Styles $2.4 million
Pretty sure most of these Forbes list is a work.

Caderfix

You notice they often mention this "retirement" as if it's not final.

I hope they at least wait for the surgery to be done and let him recover until he's 100% before suggesting another match. Of course, there's a chance the surgery would make his return impossible, but, anyways, don't make him come back before it is done and he's actually able to.

The match might've been awful, but the send off the crowd gave him after it was pretty good. He doesn't need to come back at all.

Mahonay

Banned
End of RAW was pretty flat, as per usual.

I'm just happy this means AJ and Nakamura are (as of now) staying on the same show.

Trying not to read any spoilers for Smackdown tonight. Feels like it'll be pretty easy for them to have better show.

Kaladin

I hope they at least wait for the surgery to be done and let him recover until he's 100% before suggesting another match. Of course, there's a chance the surgery would make his return impossible, but, anyways, don't make him come back before it is done and he's actually able to.

The match might've been awful, but the send off the crowd gave him after it was pretty good. He doesn't need to come back at all.

What surgery does he need? I only knew of Mick needing one, not Taker.

Mahonay

Banned
Yeah Nia dumping Charlotte on her head was pretty bad. Nia immediately looked terrified and the ref checked on her on the spot.

She is definitely way too green for the push she's getting. Being a member of the Anoa'i family doesn't automatically make you a natural for this stuff, since Vince seems very firmly to be of that mind set.

Forbes List
Pos. Wrestler Earnings
2 John Cena $8 million
3 Triple H $3.8 million
6 AJ Styles $2.4 million
I thought Seth SOLD IN by betraying his comrades in the shield, yet he gets paid the least.

Obviously the HHH storyline also involved him taking a pay cut.

Caderfix

What surgery does he need? I only knew of Mick needing one, not Taker.

According to reports, he needs a full hip replacement and surgery for another unclear injuries, he was going through some serious pain for quite a while because of that.

I thought Seth SOLD IN by betraying his comrades in the shield, yet he gets paid the least.

Obviously the HHH storyline also involved him taking a pay cut.

That's Seth's fault for not delivering on his end of the deal.

Top Bottom