• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

jmdajr

So, I know that we sort of gave Shane shit for being a waste of Styles and I know he was in the ring with AJ Styles and Styles is probably the best wrestler on the planet right now, but can we at least give a little credit and acknowledge that Shane isn't that bad of a wrestler? He held his own in that match

It was pretty good. Shane did his part. Plus at his age, I mean wtf.

Mahonay

Banned
So, I know that we sort of gave Shane shit for being a waste of Styles and I know he was in the ring with AJ Styles and Styles is probably the best wrestler on the planet right now, but can we at least give a little credit and acknowledge that Shane isn't that bad of a wrestler? He held his own in that match
Shane obviously did a bunch of training with AJ before doing their match last night, and I really appreciate the extra effort.

Yes, Shane is getting opportunities other regular talent isn't because he's the boss's son. Which shouldn't be happening. But he did a great job in that match.

tumblr_nvw2k9aWLN1sj4xr4o4_500.gif

I miss the old Sasha

Straight from the go Sasha
Izzy selling this shit with her life and her parents straight up corpsing

Protect the fucking business /s

You were lucky. It put me off a already okish match with a annoying finish.

Yeah Miz had a huge pop. King needs to be retired.
Before they made the brand split, king qas killing it on commentary. I wish they would've kept him and cole for raw. I don't like Graves.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
sometimes i wonder who you guys expect to be the babyfaces other than cena if you turn everyone heel like you want them to

Heroman

Banned
Yeah, if forgot about his terrible offense and selling. I mean dude was playing wrestler. Like you could anyone in that match it would have been way better.

Gurrry

Without a doubt. I was pissed that this was happening to AJ. But they really had one of the best matches of the night. The minimized the shitty shane punches and didnt rely too much on gimmicks.

Mahonay

Banned
Before they made the brand split, king qas killing it on commentary. I wish they would've kept him and cole for raw. I don't like Graves.
King was indeed doing pretty good on Smackdown before they took him off TV

But...YOU SHUT UP ABOUT GRAVES. He is my secret husband.

Charolette and AJ Styles are the best wrestlers in the WWE, for their respective groups, big a big gap.

I will say I feel like the WWE is building a little something with Bayley right now, but it's on such a fine line of being too forced.

Ithil

For a 47 year old non-wrestler he's in amazing shape and his athletic ability is still impressive. He was in there with the best in the world and AJ is the guy who really made the match work but Shane took it very seriously and he deserves props for that.

Punches still suck though.

shanafan

Sasha needs a heel turn. Definitely she could be a badass who only cared about herself, and not to remind everyone that she dreamt of this while she was a kid.

Me and Kaladin told y'all it would be good. At least, I think we did.

Sasha needs a heel turn. Definitely she could be a badass who only cared about herself, and not to remind everyone that she dreamt of this while she was a kid.

Maybe she did better in NXT, but she absolutely has not come across as one on the main roster. Every time she tried to pull that out it looked really bad.

Ithil

It's not just heel turns that are needed. People like Nia Jax need to turn face, and AJ of course (I don't want him to lose that attitude he has a heel but come on, exactly zero people are booing him now).

Sasha's character was fine going into Mania last year

Everything after killed her

It's funny that the company who's biggest star ever was Stone Cold is like afraid of letting those characters happen. Outside of like what....Owens? I guess Braun is moving that way too

You'd think it'd be an easy out in the era of "rabble rabble internet fans cheering for the heels"

klonere

Banned
Gabe must have pissed off Paul somehow because not only did Drew show up at NXT despite being announced for EVOLVE, now Takeover is running the same day and the same time in Chicago as them.

C2jV-c3XgAEw4Qh.jpg

Rimfya

Banned
You could tell Shane/AJ and the Takeover tag match and considerate thought out into them. You couldn't say that about most other matches this weekend. Seriously Taker/Reigns had months to prepare. Bray/Orton too.

jmdajr

Cole has probably worked more overall years for WWE than JR, yet he'll never get a reaction like JR got last night

I went to Wrestlemnia 25. There was a dude sitting close by. For the entire event he said one thing at the top of his lungs.

MICHAEL COLE YOU SUCK!

I don't hate cole.

Sephzilla

Cole has probably worked more overall years for WWE than JR, yet he'll never get a reaction like JR got last night

Holy shit, big time. Just the way he naturally brings a match to life is great. JBL trying to echo certain things he said was so damn phony.

It's because JR sounds natural and genuine while Cole sounds artificial as fuck. Vince really needs to get out of people's ears on commentary because it ruins the authenticity of the commentary. Cole is noticeably better when he's doing events that Vince isn't attending.

Foggy

Shane was always gonna get his spotz, that's a given. While the psychology was fine, the execution was clown shoes until the ramp up and the spots. Bless that finish for washing the taste out of the midlife crisis jitz on display.

This Hardy's swerve is what I miss about wrestling. We got it last year with AJ, but it feels like it's so few and far between now. It reminded me of when Jericho showed up to WWE(F) and there rumors of it, but then it happened and it was unreal.

Coketruck

Hearing JR do commentary again last night was legitimately great.

Definitely. I had gotten used to the current commentators, and hearing him was like a reminder of how great commentary could actually be. If only JBL and Cole didn't try to talk over him so much.

GunBR

sometimes i wonder who you guys expect to be the babyfaces other than cena if you turn everyone heel like you want them to
The problem is that WWE don't know how to make good faces
Just look at Seth, he's boring since he turned face

For the other hand, just look at AJ. The heel turn made him one of the best promos of the company

Top Bottom