• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Ithil

Gabe must have pissed off Paul somehow because not only did Drew show up at NXT despite being announced for EVOLVE, now Takeover is running the same day and the same time in Chicago as them.

C2jV-c3XgAEw4Qh.jpg

To be fair there's been guys who show up on NXT but still finish some indie dates including EVOLVE, Drew might still do those dates I don't know.

Hex

Banned
That's insane. You would think Cena and Taker would have been big ppv $$$ a few years back, maybe even last night.

The problem is, whoever it was vs Taker would be fucked.
A) MAYBE AJ could have carried Taker to not look like a total embarrassment , but anyone else was doomed to a train wreck.

B)Whoever it was would be marked with the stigma that they were the one that took Old Yeller out back and put him down. Even Cena would not want that kind of heat.
The fans already shit on Roman so it is just another day.

Sephzilla

WWE micromanages their faces too much, which is why most of the faces in the company are bland as fuck. The reason they work better as heels is because WWE seemingly doesn't control them nearly to the same degree, so there's way more creative freedom there.

The problem is, whoever it was vs Taker would be fucked.
A) MAYBE AJ could have carried Taker to not look like a total embarrassment , but anyone else was doomed to a train wreck.

B)Whoever it was would be marked with the stigma that they were the one that took Old Yeller out back and put him down. Even Cena would not want that kind of heat.
The fans already shit on Roman so it is just another day.

Yeah but giving that stigma to Roman is simply going to exponentially increase that heat. Before last night I still believed there was a chance Roman could eventually be a character everyone cheers. Now I don't think so. Cena's reactions these days aren't nearly as divisive as they used to be and part of that is because Cena isn't booked like Neo-Hogan anymore and that US Title run really rehabbed his image with smarks. He could have easily taken the role of retiring Taker and survived.

Buckle

I swear to god, every time I think TNA is finally going to be put out of it's misery, I come across stuff like this.

Its like watching the reanimated corpse of a loved one shuffle about looking for brains to eat when you just want it to rest in peace and try to remember it before it became a ghoul.

Hex

Banned
To be fair there's been guys who show up on NXT but still finish some indie dates including EVOLVE, Drew might still do those dates I don't know.

Drew will be allowed to drop his title in the near future, it is in his contract.

rrc1594

So what's the Universal title picture looking like now?

Lenser(Champ)
Rollins
Reigns
Balor
Owens(I think that because Balor is there Owens is)
Braun?
Joe

Is the darft going to be in May or June?

Smackdown needs a good call up for every division. Tag-team division badly need the Revival, the women's division needs someone with Nikki gone leaving Becky really as the only star, midcard is the Miz/Ambrose/Corbin/Ziggler show, and main event is losing Cena and likely AJ.

Even if they let Drew finish up, he walked out of their biggest show of the year and it had to be re-booked on the fly. Its a bad deal.

Sephzilla

Brock vs Goldberg was exactly what it should have been. A couple of broken-tier characters walking in with pre-loaded finishers hitting each other with everything they have.

So they should just kill the smackdown tag division. They couldt even get on the card

I've said since day one that they shouldn't have split the womens or tag divisions

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any juicy rumours for tonight? Cll ups, new signs, what have you?

I really like the personalities of jack and JP on the lapsed fan podcast but their negativity/hatred of last night is really turning me off. I think I'll stick to their retro shows

Mahonay

Banned
I really like the personalities of jack and JP on the lapsed fan podcast but their negativity/hatred of last night is really turning me off. I think I'll stick to their retro shows
They both have a strong hate to the current product, and JP doesn't really keep up with it that well. I mean, I don't I blame them. But I don't like how much they shit on all of the talent.

Gurrry

Im probably being a cynical asshole but I still dont think that was Takers last match.

Vince isnt going to let Taker leave without promoting the shit out of the "Taker's Final Match".

Hex

Banned
I think they all have plenty to offer. Hopefully they stay healthy and we can enjoy their wrasslin' for many years to come.

I think Becky stopped giving a shit, and rightly so.
She carried that shit for a while, but was constantly eating pinfall after pinfall and playing the Sting role of being turned on every other week.
She was fantastic, but they went with political bullshit and put the belt on everyone else.
Even when she got the Smackdown belt finally, she was treated like a curtain jerker.

Bronx-Man

Banned
We're mere hours away from

WHERE ARE YOU, VIBE
I KNOW YOU'RE HERE, VIBE
C'MON OUT AND FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN, VIBE
VIBE
SHOW YOURSELF, VIBE

Bronx-Man

Banned
"Shinsuke...you call yourself The Vibe.......well I think you're just.....a vibrator!"

*proceeds to struggle to lift Shinsuke three feet off the ground*

Scottify

I just saw that JR is back on a 2-year contract with WWE. While I'm happy, I'll be sad to not hear him commentate NJPW on AXS any longer.

Top Bottom