• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
All I know is that I hope Vince never finds out that Kevin Owens has a super hot wife because if and when he does, I pretty much guarantee that Vince will try and get her on camera to make out with whoever Owens' opponent is.

Fox318

HT_erickandcolby_mm_01_160405_4x3_608.jpg
I wonder if the kid was the one who told him to shoot on the rock.

Some interesting thoughts from Meltzer re: NXT call ups, particularly what he said about Bayley. Of course, you could always counter with: none of the stuff that's good will be good on the main roster anyway.

This Ric Flair promo about Arn at Fall Brawl 95 is GREAT

EDIT: HOLY SHIT THIS COBRA MATCH

Ya know. Despite the finishes of most matches sucking I think the Womens stuff on RAW has been the most consistently not terrible so I think for the most part NXT women on RAW would be fine. Probably be better off then most of the men.

I think the biggest hurdle for Women on RAW right now is they need more storylines not clearly divided between "the title scene" and "Total Divas stuff". They should have a few interesting feuds going that have nothing to do with Total Divas or the belt.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ya know. Despite the finishes of most matches sucking I think the Womens stuff on RAW has been the most consistently not terrible so I think for the most part NXT women on RAW would be fine. Probably be better off then most of the men.

I think the biggest hurdle for Women on RAW right now is they need more storylines not clearly divided between "the title scene" and "Total Divas stuff". They should have a few interesting feuds going that have nothing to do with Total Divas or the belt.

Emma and Becky are fighting and Natalya and Charlotte are fighting.

They really want to protect Sasha Banks but the problem is that it seems like it involves her not doing anything when she's not actively trying to get the title.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Raw in early 98 is even worse than Raw today. Austin is basically the only reason to watch. When does the overall show in the attitude era get good? Early 98 so far is like 2 good segments a show maybe.

Nekofrog

Banned
Raw in early 98 is even worse than Raw today. Austin is basically the only reason to watch. When does the overall show in the attitude era get good? Early 98 so far is like 2 good segments a show maybe.

as much as the MNW docu likes to downplay it, there was a really good reason why WCW was murdering the WWF around then. you're looking at until at least late 98, early 99 before things start to REALLY get going in the attitude era.

Spoiler Alert - Outside of segments with the The Rock, Mick Foley, Steve Austin, or Vince McMahon, RAW never is actually that good until Russo leaves and the Radicalz come in.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It doesn't.

Lothar

Banned

Attitude Era gets good when it starts in mid 97.

as much as the MNW docu likes to downplay it, there was a really good reason why WCW was murdering the WWF around then. you're looking at until at least late 98, early 99 before things start to REALLY get going in the attitude era.

WCW stopped murdering WWF in early 98 because Raw was so damn entertaining. April 98 was when Raw first broke Nitro's 80 something week winning streak.

Nekofrog

Banned
WCW stopped murdering WWF in early 98 because Raw was so damn entertaining. April 98 was when Raw first broke Nitro's 80 something week winning streak.

There were still a lot of really rough kinks to work out in the under and middle card in 98 for RAW. Nitro in 98 still had that locked down tight, IMO. It's just that the top of the card was overwhelmingly better than WCW (it almost always was).

JavyOO7

WCW was pretty good in 1997. I remember as a kid adoring it. But too much Hogan and nWo and then all the good will they had was thrown away at Starrcade that year.

WCW was pretty good in 1997. I remember as a kid adoring it. But too much Hogan and nWo and then all the good will they had was thrown away at Starrcade that year.

It was a huge mistake, but those 12 months were a nice ride.

I enjoyed ECW during this time too.

JavyOO7

It was a huge mistake, but those 12 months were a nice ride.

I enjoyed ECW during this time too.

And listening to Bryan/Vinny/Craig on their podcast it sounds like 1996 was a hell of a ride too. Hall appearing, then Nash, then wondering who was the third guy and then BATB happens and the famous angle happened. I need to watch 96 on the network.

I have seen 95 Nitro... better than the RAW of today. Its superior at a minimum because its an hour. And I wished it stayed an hour for the rest of its run. I should finish 95 Nitro...

RBH

I hope NXT's weekly show stays an hour along forever.

Hour-long wrestling shows in general are the best.

Blue, you have to admit that WCW circe 1997 was fkn amazing no?
Only really watched Saturday nights in 97. I knew all the main guys and played the games but preferred to watch The F on Mondays. wCw though did have the better in your face storyline but wwf had better wrestling. Eventually I'll get to 97 on the network

Top Bottom