• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

RBH

From the Observer:

Other than commercials mentioning The Rock, there was little push for him. He actually sort of did a match, in the sense he took no punishment but beat Erick Rowan in seven seconds. Them using the Wyatt Family in his segment took them out of being in the Brock Lesnar segment and out of the Battle Royal. It led to a flat story in the Lesnar match that with hindsight makes no sense with Lesnar destroying Ambrose at every turn and then beating him clean at Mania. The funny part is that the stated goal of pulling Ambrose from the plan with Chris Jericho to Lesnar, and pulling Wyatt from Lesnar, was to get Ambrose over. Instead, every aspect of the Mania build up past making him a quirky midcard face who was endorsed by Terry Funk and Mick Foley, basically told the story that he’s a more charismatic Ryan Bader, a guy who beats most guys, but has no chance to beat any true top guy.

the original plan for Mania was to do a Jericho vs. Ambrose program with Jericho turning on Ambrose, but lots changed regarding Ambrose being moved to work with Lesnar and Styles coming in

Looks like all plans of this show kicking off Lesnar vs. Strowman for SummerSlam should be off after the reaction to the Strowman vs. Ambrose match.

Again with this bubble talk, people love dean , back when he was getting good booking he was way popular than roman has ever been. When it looked like he won the belt at roadblock and EC last year the pop was unbelievable.

What back when? His run up to mania was handled REALLY well and booked great up until that match.

Why are people acting like Dean is all of a sudden tyler breeze?

Boots is a goddamn weeb

saiyan-177235-640x320.jpeg

JavyOO7

Watching Bayley/Asuka for the second time and its tremendous the second time already. I told myself I wasn't going to watch it again since Bayley lost... but I did anyway.

But yeah, it was tremendous. Bayley did great, Asuka did too, fun match that went by really fast. These two have to have another match... should probably main event too.

klonere

Banned
Watching Bayley/Asuka for the second time and its tremendous the second time already. I told myself I wasn't going to watch it again since Bayley lost... but I did anyway.

But yeah, it was tremendous. Bayley did great, Asuka did too, fun match that went by really fast. These two have to have another match... should probably main event too.

Absolutely, we are set up for a great second match. Classic babyface has to figure out how to beat a monster. Bayley showed that she can't handle Asuka's submission skills, will she be able to adapt?

Absolutely, we are set up for a great second match. Classic babyface has to figure out how to beat a monster. Bayley showed that she can't handle Asuka's submission skills, will she be able to adapt?

By kicking her in the balls

It works on Brock, why not her?!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Maurice was the prototype Eva Marie. Serviceable in the ring, but a heat magnet. She knew what to do to be That Cunt, and it was great.

RBH

I was watching the Macho Man documentary on WWE Network a few days ago, and one part in particular really stood out to me.

Towards the end, they were interviewing Hulk Hogan, and Hogan was talking about how he went to the same doctor as Savage did in the Tampa area. A few months or so after Macho Man's death, Hogan went to the doctor's office, and the doctor mentioned to him how Savage was always so resistant to getting tests done at the doctor's office and how he would always put off getting an EKG or Echo "for another time." Savage was always more concerned about making sure that his mother was taken care of at the doctor's office before him. When the doctor would ask Savage about getting an EKG or Echo, Savage would basically tell him "We'll do it next time", but it didn't happen. The doctor apparently told Hogan that Savage would still be alive if he had taken the time to get his heart checked out.

The rate at which wrestlers pass away has always been kinda interesting to me. Obviously getting put through the mat multiple times over a number of years does a lot of the damage in the first place, but I honestly wonder how many of those wrestlers monitored their personal health otherwise by going to the doctor regularly and getting checked out. I'm assuming that those currently employed by the WWE get this taken care of on an annual basis at least, but what about the older/retired guys who don't work for the WWE? Are they making that effort to go to their doctor for their annual physical, where they can get screened for bloodwork and an EKG at the very least? Makes me wonder how many of these unfortunate wrestler deaths could've been avoided.

Porquoi

Maryse was such a goddamn asshole to everyone in the world, shit was fire

It also helped that she'd basically murder everyone with a DDT because fuck you

Zach

Apparently the thing going around is that he can't resist wanting to be loved, which gives some pretty serious dissonance when he's trying to work a full heel program. It shows.
Triple H wants to be loved and appreciated?? I am shocked.

Hey, NVM. You buying some NXT tickets today?

klonere

Banned
I was watching the Macho Man documentary on WWE Network a few days ago, and one part in particular really stood out to me.

Towards the end, they were interviewing Hulk Hogan, and Hogan was talking about how he went to the same doctor as Savage did in the Tampa area. A few months or so after Macho Man's death, Hogan went to the doctor's office, and the doctor mentioned to him how Savage was always so resistant to getting tests done at the doctor's office and how he would always put off getting an EKG or Echo "for another time." Savage was always more concerned about making sure that his mother was taken care of at the doctor's office before him. When the doctor would ask Savage about getting an EKG or Echo, Savage would basically tell him "We'll do it next time", but it didn't happen. The doctor apparently told Hogan that Savage would still be alive if he had taken the time to get his heart checked out.

The rate at which wrestlers pass away has always been kinda interesting to me. Obviously getting put through the mat multiple times over a number of years does a lot of the damage in the first place, but I honestly wonder how many of those wrestlers monitored their personal health otherwise by going to the doctor regularly and getting checked out. I'm assuming that those currently employed by the WWE get this taken care of on an annual basis at least, but what about the older/retired guys who don't work for the WWE? Are they making that effort to go to their doctor for their annual physical, where they can get screened for bloodwork and an EKG at the very least? Makes me wonder how many of these unfortunate wrestler deaths could've been avoided.

Stiff-upper-lipism/OTT masculinity probably contributed to more male deaths in the general population than we can ever know. Everyone has a grandad or an uncle or someone male in the family who who scoff at doctors and just try and tough it out. In the hyper masculine world of wrestling I'm sure this problem was only exacerbated up until quite recently. You know, gotta make the towns, working hurt, walk out on my own two feet, tons of drugs etc etc.

Now they play video games, get ice therapy and do yoga.

MC Safety

Yes, the Miz has defeated all of you. In life.

Also, Eva Marie stole the NXT women's championship. Please spin this so as to make it seem she is a true villain and a mastermind at manipulating crowds.

Zach

Yeah. Yeah. :(

Also, Bronson is not normal, don't believe his lies.

In the fucked up world of pro wrestling, I'm basically the everyman

Also, Eva Marie stole the NXT women's championship. Please spin this so as to make it seem she is a true villain and a mastermind at manipulating crowds.

Eva Marie in NXT is glorious because she's a total shit and anytime she does anything to get one over on Asuka people get PISSED

klonere

Banned
Yes, the Miz has defeated all of you. In life.

Stealing the title belt has been a mainstay of WWE programming for years and played a special part in Daniel Bryan's final Wrestlemania moment. Eva Marie is a clear student of the game, studied the tape and made the call to use this storytelling device as a callback to classic WWE stories of the past while also putting a unique spin on it through her outstanding charisma.

n/t

klonere

Banned
As a businessman who definitely loved his aggressive business practices, Vince should have had to begrudgingly respect Jarrett for the deal he pulled with the IC belt. Why not exploit an opportunity that you've been given? I thought Vince loved people with backbone and going to Vince with a ransom demand is a LOT of backbone.

Pity Jarrett is a total fuckup otherwise it seems.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Today I learned that some Brits call surgery "theatre" and that's so fucking weird and old of them.

Fox318

As a businessman who definitely loved his aggressive business practices, Vince should have had to begrudgingly respect Jarrett for the deal he pulled with the IC belt. Why not exploit an opportunity that you've been given? I thought Vince loved people with backbone and going to Vince with a ransom demand is a LOT of backbone.

Pity Jarrett is a total fuckup otherwise it seems.

But Vince wants to get guys back so they can be under his thumb.

Then he can control their legacy and he can get the satisfaction of using them to get "his" guys over.

Only one that doesn't make sense to me is Bobby Heenan.

Toki767

Here's something interesting I was thinking about lately that I'm pretty sure is correct.

Since the 80s, only 1 person has been WWE Champion without ever holding any other secondary title (including WWE/WCW/ECW/NWA) before or after their title reign(s). That's Brock Lesnar.

Top Bottom