• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

RBH

Didn't know he appeared.

Yup, along with Kota Ibushi.

tumblr_o4zmsnooZw1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

tumblr_o4zisaWpq21u1ljrzo1_540.gif

Why did Maryse leave? What did she want to do in life?

She was good.
Former WWE Diva Maryse Ouellet told Slam Wrestling that she had been looking to leave the company for a while. "I just want better and bigger and I want to be performing on the big screen," Maryse said. "I am working on a big project called House of Maryse, which will be launching in summer 2012. It will be my clothing and jewelry selection and will be available in more than 500 stores in the U.S. and online at HouseofMaryse.com.

"I knew in my heart that I wanted to leave WWE for a long time. I'm a business woman. I need to build and grow and I didn't have any interest in the WWE anymore. I was like, next!

"My manager was happy when he heard of my release. He said to me, 'Now we can start working on the serious stuff.' I'm ready for a new chapter in my life. I have been with the WWE for six fantastic years, but now I want to do more. I would go back to WWE for a million dollars and a main event match at WrestleMania, but no TNA."

Striker

35-45 are the peak years of most main event caliber performers.
But if you're young and have a certain look that's favorable to you, you will be instantly pushed. See Rocky, Orton and Lesnar. Maybe throw in Bobby Lashley since he was just 28. If you're homegrown it's also a positive. AJ is great but he has many things going against him that he won't ever get a spot that he deserves.

But if you're young and have a certain look that's favorable to you, you will be instantly pushed. See Rocky, Orton and Lesnar. Maybe throw in Bobby Lashley since he was just 28. If you're homegrown it's also a positive. AJ is great but he has many things going against him that he won't ever get a spot that he deserves.

He's in the goddamn world title program and he debuted in January

What more do you want

I saw him. I drove 2 hours to a train station, rode a bus 6.5 hours to get there, slept in a train station with homeless dudes after, then rode the bus 6.5 hours back to the train station and another 2 hours to get home. Then I was sick for like two weeks after that. Worth all of that, it was so cool.

Now I want to give you a Ghostbuster out of sheer jealousy.

Fave Five Tom Waits LPs:

1) Swordfishtrombones
2) Rain Dogs
3) Small Change
4) Bone Machine
5) Mule Variations

Honourable mention - Heartattack & Vine, because there ain't no devil it's just God when he's drunk.

Caderfix

Eva Marie's sister.

She's Eva's wrestling double. From now on Eva will make her entrance and get in the ring, then light's will go out, that's when the double gets in for the wrestling part. Once she's done, light goes out again and Eva Marie is back to celebrate and go to the back.

Kaladin

Friends, I have never wanted anything in the video game world to live up to the hype more than No Man's Sky.

Who is with me on the hype train?

She's Eva's wrestling double. From now on Eva will make her entrance and get in the ring, then light's will go out, that's when the double gets in for the wrestling part. Once she's done, light goes out again and Eva Marie is back to celebrate and go to the back.

Dude that would be a great story-line!!!!!!

Striker

He's in the goddamn world title program and he debuted in January

What more do you want
Friend, I don't need to watch the show at all and just re-live everything off this thread and Youtube. All I saw with him since his debut is flip flop wins in the midcard with Jericho, and while I love Jericho, has lost far more than he's won for the longest time now. It's like saying R-Truth, Miz, Morrison, Ziggler, whoever, are main eventers because they had a PPV main event match (is it even confirmed AJ is wrestling at the PPV in the main event?). Where did they go after a brief stint in the title picture? Do you see AJ as a prominent main event guy for years like they do with Randy Orton?

Friend, I don't need to watch the show at all and just re-live everything off this thread and Youtube. All I saw with him since his debut is flip flop wins in the midcard with Jericho, and while I love Jericho, has lost far more than he's won for the longest time now. It's like saying R-Truth, Miz, Morrison, Ziggler, whoever, are main eventers because they had a PPV main event match (is it even confirmed AJ is wrestling at the PPV in the main event?). Where did they go after a brief stint in the title picture? Do you see AJ as a prominent main event guy for years like they do with Randy Orton?

Jericho was his Mania program and also a test program to see how they'd take to him.

He's not a prominent guy like Orton was because Orton was homegrown and super young, now Orton's bulletproof.

Also it wouldn't surprise me at all if AJ wins the damn title or loses it because of Bulletpoof

bjork

Now I want to give you a Ghostbuster out of sheer jealousy.

Fave Five Tom Waits LPs:

1) Swordfishtrombones
2) Rain Dogs
3) Small Change
4) Bone Machine
5) Mule Variations

Honourable mention - Heartattack & Vine, because there ain't no devil it's just God when he's drunk.

Let's see... Orphans was my gateway, through a coworker at the anime shop. She would play his stuff while we were working, and after the initial "is this guy all right?" phase, it grew on me. After that I threw everything I could find onto an ipod and hit shuffle, so it was a couple of years before I knew which albums had what. But I think it would go:

1) Nighthawks on the Radio KNEW-FM 1976
2) Blood Money
3) Alice
4) The Heart of Saturday Night
5) Mule Variations

Also: the last song on Small Change, when he sings about working for Joe and Sal? That was in a place called Napoleone's, down in San Diego.

I went there, too.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I dunno what you guys were saying, when Maryse came out my wife started getting really confused and asking who this really bad actor was.

Striker

Jericho was his Mania program and also a test program to see how they'd take to him.

He's not a prominent guy like Orton was because Orton was homegrown and super young, now Orton's bulletproof.

Also it wouldn't surprise me at all if AJ wins the damn title or loses it because of Bulletpoof
It would be nice for things to be different, for a change, but it isn't a probable scenario. I used Orton as an example because he was booked like a star despite his age and being ready. Until the Triple H feud and his backstage attitude, of course. Even then he got pushed up the ladder again against all the top faces (going over many times).

Bray is one who was protected very well early and looked to be a rising star (maybe a new heel who doesn't lose to all the super-babyfaces?!). How did they do that one? And he had the benefit of being homegrown and very young.

It would be nice for things to be different, for a change, but it isn't a probable scenario. I used Orton as an example because he was booked like a star despite his age and being ready. Until the Triple H feud and his backstage attitude, of course. Even then he got pushed up the ladder again against all the top faces (going over many times).

Bray is one who was protected very well early and looked to be a rising star (maybe a new heel who doesn't lose to all the super-babyfaces?!). How did they do that one? And he had the benefit of being homegrown and very young.

Nobody understands why Orton got 85 chances, but he did.

Bray got Cena'd, got hurt, and he stopped progressing. And he still got the Taker match last year.

AJ literally came in, completely untouched, to the main roster. They had him face Jericho (who is the gatekeeper) and Axel (who's been around forever and knows what works) to check him. The only real change they made was him not doing the Clash because it's a stupid ass move that he can't hit on guys bigger than him very well.

Should be old news. I think he was trying to teach Nikki on Total Divas once.

你可以看看,但你不能碰

Striker

Nobody understands why Orton got 85 chances, but he did.
Right, but tons of guys have gotten chances early or at least at some point in their singles careers (Miz did in 2010 after he and Morrison broke up; wins the main prize and headlines the biggest show of the year). But it's what they do after is the bigger obstacle.

Toki767

Orton got a million chances because Vince and Kevin Dunn think Orton is what a WWE champion should look like.

It's as simple as that.

Roman Reigns can probably mess up a bunch and he'll still get chances.

Top Bottom