• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Someone made a harem anime and it was big, then a bunch of people copied. I miss old-ass anime with stoic buff dudes socking each other and crazy looking future tech and weird-ass ladies turning into spiders demons during sex and shit.

The money is with the merch, just like WWE. Sexless losers are the marks who buy the bulk of the merch, so they are the taste setters.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Someone made a harem anime and it was big, then a bunch of people copied. I miss old-ass anime with stoic buff dudes socking each other and crazy looking future tech and weird-ass ladies turning into spiders demons during sex and shit.
Mix harem anime with misogynistic millennials and there's your current animu

bjork

The money is with the merch, just like WWE. Sexless losers are the marks who buy the bulk of the merch, so they are the taste setters.

But dudes who like good shit never get the chance. They go "here's a Duke Togo Figma, it's bad ass. By the way, there's only like ten of them so once they sell out, they're gone"

Meanwhile you go to a store that sells this shit and they have like 800000 version of that shit where the girls are half-airplanes or whatever that is, and dusty Haruhi figures that no one ever bought.

I tried to fight the good fight with my shop, I stocked good stuff whenever possible. I blame my crooked-ass boss for ruining the mecca that was my workplace.

jmdajr

I hear ya

Man God

Non-Canon Member
But dudes who like good shit never get the chance. They go "here's a Duke Togo Figma, it's bad ass. By the way, there's only like ten of them so once they sell out, they're gone"

Meanwhile you go to a store that sells this shit and they have like 800000 version of that shit where the girls are half-airplanes or whatever that is, and dusty Haruhi figures that no one ever bought.

I tried to fight the good fight with my shop, I stocked good stuff whenever possible. I blame my crooked-ass boss for ruining the mecca that was my workplace.

Haruhi merch did very well for about three years. I fucking love those books and I've never seen an anime so willing to troll its fans.

Menome

The most up-to-date anime I bothered watching was Madoka Magica. I just found myself getting bored with the general tropes once I realised that they were tropes and not funny peculiarities of particular shows.

Can rewatch Azumanga Daioh at any time though.

bjork

what is the one where she's reaching for the briefcase? Just running interference or something? I can't remember.

Can rewatch Azumanga Daioh at any time though.

I used to be this way, but I have a friend who, every time we've watched any of it, is a day she wants to get in a big-ass fight about something. So I don't watch it with her any more.

I wish they did a real translation for Super Radical Gag Family. I have a super duper bootleg set with horrid subs, but it's probably the funniest anime I've seen.

I'm a couple pages back but I always like Maryse, she might not have been great in the ring but she knew how to get heat. Oh yeah, did they play up Becky's black eye at all or just continue to ignore it?

Also a reminder, Shane McMahon is tougher than Dean Ambrose.

I'm a couple pages back but I always like Maryse, she might not have been great in the ring but she knew how to get heat. Oh yeah, did they play up Becky's black eye at all or just continue to ignore it?

Also a reminder, Shane McMahon is tougher than Dean Ambrose.
They mentioned the black eye and made some bad puns about it.

Strax

haBoKmh.png

Heroman

Banned
Alright, I subbed to NJPW World. What are the must-watch events from, let's say, the past 3 years?
You can go to any major show and there a couple of must see macthes on them. But like others have said Wrestle Kingdom 9,10 are goat. Also check dominion from 2015 it had aj vs okada which was amazing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I like the idea of nerds who watch dudes in underwear pretending to fight each other coupled with the silliest storylines ever bitching about people who watch anime.

You are a fucken nerd if you like wrestling. There's no quantifying it on a Nerd Scale. That doens't actually exist, you're just a fucken nerd if you like wrestling, anime, comics or D&D. It's all the same shit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
the only person who wouldn't believe in the nerd structure is the person who is at the bottom of it.

you fucking otaku.

jmdajr

I like the idea of nerds who watch dudes in underwear pretending to fight each other coupled with the silliest storylines ever bitching about people who watch anime.

You are a fucken nerd if you like wrestling. The "Nerd Power Level" doens't actually exist, you're just a fucken nerd if you like wrestling, anime, comics or D&D. It's all the same shit.

We should all respect each other's nerdism.

Well except the 1,000 year old demon nonsense. Right?

You are a fucken nerd if you like wrestling. There's no quantifying it on a Nerd Scale. That doens't actually exist, you're just a fucken nerd if you like wrestling, anime, comics or D&D. It's all the same shit.

U7Ghu2s.gif

Cagey

Banned
We should all respect each other's nerdism.

Well except the 1,000 year old demon nonsense. Right?

I'm not about to respect people for enjoying muscled up dudes running around in tight clothing saving the day from cartoonish bad guys but sometimes it's "darker" and "edgier" versions of the same shit.

Comics are trash, always have been and always will be.

sephi22

I randomly checked WWEshop after Monday's Raw, and they had a BOGO going on, so I bought 4 t shirts - KO, Asuka, Balor club, and Sasha banks. Sasha and Asuka tees are too on the nose, but KO and Balor don't scream wrestling.

The important question - would you wear wrasslin t shirts in your day to day life? I don't get laid so that's not a concern, but I don't want to come off as a huge nerd or something.

I randomly checked WWEshop after Monday's Raw, and they had a BOGO going on, so I bought 4 t shirts - KO, Asuka, Balor club, and Sasha banks. Sasha and Asuka tees are too on the nose, but KO and Balor don't scream wrestling.

The important question - would you wear wrasslin t shirts in your day to day life? I don't get laid so that's not a concern, but I don't want to come off as a huge nerd or something.
Dude, since you're not getting laid you may as well take the extra step and buy the wrestlers tights. Also they have a replica Roman vest for 50 bucks.

Anth0ny

I think we had this conversation yesterday.

The answers ranged from "god no. never ever ever." to "why do you care what people think of you? wear whatever you want."

Top Bottom