• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Caderfix

The bully from Everybody Hates Chris looks like Kevin Owens

Are you talking about this guy:
everybody-hates-chris-flory55.jpg

If so, are you feeling well?

Let's see... Orphans was my gateway, through a coworker at the anime shop. She would play his stuff while we were working, and after the initial "is this guy all right?" phase, it grew on me. After that I threw everything I could find onto an ipod and hit shuffle, so it was a couple of years before I knew which albums had what. But I think it would go:

1) Nighthawks on the Radio KNEW-FM 1976
2) Blood Money
3) Alice
4) The Heart of Saturday Night
5) Mule Variations

Also: the last song on Small Change, when he sings about working for Joe and Sal? That was in a place called Napoleone's, down in San Diego.

I went there, too.

You're so lucky. I'm a dirty Englishman, last time he toured we went to Scotland but skipped England entirely (I wasn't as financially comfortable then as I am now so couldn't get there) and he hasn't been over since.

I am fortunate enough to have seen Leonard Cohen though and he was incredible. If you're into your old school singer/songwriters and you get the chance to see him (if you haven't already) make sure you do.

bjork

You're so lucky. I'm a dirty Englishman, last time he toured we went to Scotland but skipped England entirely (I wasn't as financially comfortable then as I am now so couldn't get there) and he hasn't been over since.

I am fortunate enough to have seen Leonard Cohen though and he was incredible. If you're into your old school singer/songwriters and you get the chance to see him (if you haven't already) make sure you do.

My Leonard Cohen knowledge is limited to Neil talking crap on him in episodes of The Young Ones. It's a definite blind spot in my music history that I need to check out.

My Leonard Cohen knowledge is limited to Neil talking crap on him in episodes of The Young Ones. It's a definite blind spot in my music history that I need to check out.

He can definitely fit under the 'acquired taste' umbrella, especially as he gets older and the voice get deeper and his fondness of digital synth grows.

I would recommend 'The Future' as a good starting point, if you ever owned the Natural Born Killers soundtrack you'll already be familiar with the two opening tracks. He was also responsible for the theme tune to season two of True Detective, but don't let that put you off.

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds are also worth a gander if you haven't already - like Waits and Cohen there's a massive back catalogue to trawl through.

Wait... Young Ones? Did they take off on the other side of the pond?

I realise this is way off topic, so to make up for it here's Badstreet, from Atlanta GA

1dc3b8ae5e94f139dbbd114660e288f8.jpg

bjork

He can definitely fit under the 'acquired taste' umbrella, especially as he gets older and the voice get deeper and his fondness of digital synth grows.

I would recommend 'The Future' as a good starting point, if you ever owned the Natural Born Killers soundtrack you'll already be familiar with the two opening tracks. He was also responsible for the theme tune to season two of True Detective, but don't let that put you off.

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds are also worth a gander if you haven't already - like Waits and Cohen there's a massive back catalogue to trawl through.

Wait... Young Ones? Did they take off on the other side of the pond?

I do know NBK pretty well, so I might dive in there.

The Young Ones came out in the US in 1986 on MTV and a then-8 year old bjork loooooooved it. I want to say it was also on Comedy Central in the late 90s or early 2000s, but I'm not sure. I was too busy watching the physical copies I bought on VHS, and later on DVD.

Browny

Banned
Why the hell did I come back in here

You're hear because I summoned you, BronsonLee. You heard the call of Arrow Bunch, of your partner-in-arms-on-shoulders FallingEdge, and you returned. You returned in the belief that you could make WrassleGaf good again, the way it was. You dreamt of roll-ups and stunners, of big boots and crotch chops. But your dreams have foundered, and now you are here forever, in the mid-card of a wrestling subforum.

testbigboot-o.gif
<3
In other news, I have chicken curry and onion rings for dinner. LIVING THE DREAM.

I do know NBK pretty well, so I might dive in there.

The Young Ones came out in the US in 1986 on MTV and a then-8 year old bjork loooooooved it. I want to say it was also on Comedy Central in the late 90s or early 2000s, but I'm not sure. I was too busy watching the physical copies I bought on VHS, and later on DVD.

We don't make 'em like that anymore, sadly. Young Ones was god tier, Bottom was pretty good as well although I didn't think it had aged as well when I revisited it after Rik Mayall's death.

Tenuous link to wrasslin':

https://youtu.be/co9yv2NjyWs

Toki767

Matt Striker is calling Matanza the Eater of Worlds.

Striker must not want Matanza to be over if he's trying to stick him with Bray's nickname.

jmdajr

f you could create your own anime harem, which characters would you choose?

Xavier Woods: Well, luckily I already know the answer to this question! First runner-up is Tina from Dead of Alive. Just sayin’
. And then Tifa from Final Fantasy VII. She’s absolutely fantastic. And then...oh! Sailor Mars. Sailor Mars, definitely. I feel like I’m missing a real easy one...Mikasa from Attack on Titan. Oh. And Kagome from Inuyasha.

the-rock-smiling.gif

Cosmozone

No Morgiana, boo. And he put Mars over Jupiter.

Edit: Noticed the question was apparently not about characters that would make great wrestlers. Uuh... :)

bjork

That one is also acceptable.

Man, what the fuck happened to anime? When did it all become such a stinking pile of shit?

Someone made a harem anime and it was big, then a bunch of people copied. I miss old-ass anime with stoic buff dudes socking each other and crazy looking future tech and weird-ass ladies turning into spiders demons during sex and shit.

Top Bottom