• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

VSdyaqR.gif

Roman quickly glances back up the ramp to see if anyone else is running out

I wonder who he is paranoid about?]
Eibw495.png

Coming for the inevitable Kane event

Pb7tvpZ.jpg

👏👏👏
He needs Emma to match Miz's Maryse antics.

It's funny because (don't read below spoilers if you are planning on watching Evolve 59 at some stage)

Drew used NXT coming into Evolve as the reason for his heel turn there.

All the indies crib heel turns. Jimmy Havoc did an almost identical heel turn to his PROGRESS one in ICW, but the reasoning then didn't make any sense.

I'm glad to see
Drew seems to be sticking around EVOLVE, it seems to give him good exposure and I was worried he'd be out with the Developmental Developmental shift going on.

Putting Emma with Zack, regardless of their dating after Emma just came back after being gone for like a year to (never mind the the ipad/phone case mess) rehab and rebuild her character after being torpedoed the first time from being weighed down by Santino. Just don't do it...

klonere

Banned
All the indies crib heel turns. Jimmy Havoc did an almost identical heel turn to his PROGRESS one in ICW, but the reasoning then didn't make any sense.

I'm glad to see
Drew seems to be sticking around EVOLVE, it seems to give him good exposure and I was worried he'd be out with the Developmental Developmental shift going on.

Yeah "This promotion sucks" seems to be a pretty common heel persona on the indies. I saw someone had talked about how you had to be one of Dallas's drinking buddies to get a push in ICW which seemed to be pretty Russo-riffic. Then again the whole promotion seems like a 1998 American wrestling tribute with modern indie in ring.

Drew's fucking great, both promos he had on the Evolve shows were entertaining as hell. More Evolve 59 spoilers
His whole heel turn speech asking Johnny to give him 5 minutes to explain how he feels culminating in him screaming at Johnny "DO YOU KNOW HOW IT MAKES ME FEEL" and then kicking him in the dick was brilliant

Zach

I finally finished that episode of Impact Wrestling I was watching. It was okay. Kinda felt stuck in the past.

And I'm not sure about the champ. His look doesn't do it for me. His promo wasn't entertaining. His wresting was fine, but his finishers were duuumb.

There's definitely some potential with the roster, though. But I'm guessing there isn't any depth.

Anyway, it was passable, I guess.

bjork

How is Droz doing these days?

I looked him up during last month's thread. There was an article about how he's got mobility from the waist up, but he still cruises around in a wheelchair. They showed this crazy wheelchair he can use to go hunting, so I think even if it's a bummer 100% of the time to be in his situation, he's probably proud of the progress he's made since his injury, which he should be.

Pb7tvpZ.jpg

👏👏👏

I could be into this. Also hubba hubba emma

bjork

When I woke up for work last night, I hit my little toe on the side of the bed. It's hurt all day and now the nail is black. I think I will remedy this by going to bed early as shit today.

Yeah "This promotion sucks" seems to be a pretty common heel persona on the indies. I saw someone had talked about how you had to be one of Dallas's drinking buddies to get a push in ICW which seemed to be pretty Russo-riffic. Then again the whole promotion seems like a 1998 American wrestling tribute with modern indie in ring.
Ehh, I try not to worry about indy politics, but I expect that's partially true. It's a giant Russo tribute, which is entertaining to drop in on.

Drew's fucking great, both promos he had on the Evolve shows were entertaining as hell. More Evolve 59 spoilers
His whole heel turn speech asking Johnny to give him 5 minutes to explain how he feels culminating in him screaming at Johnny "DO YOU KNOW HOW IT MAKES ME FEEL" and then kicking him in the dick was brilliant
It's on the docket. No way I was missing those Ospreay matches.

bjork

So who's going to do the promo work for the Roman/Styles feud?

A Jericho TV or whatever it's called, where Jericho rips on both of them, then when they get pissed, HHH comes down the ramp all "guys, guys, guys... I can see you getting a little hot under the collar there, and you might want to let me remind you that whoever wins, I still get my rematch." then they all brawl and it turns into a 4-way for the title.

klonere

Banned
Ehh, I try not to worry about indy politics, but I expect that's partially true. It's a giant Russo tribute, which is entertaining to drop in on.

It's on the docket. No way I was missing those Ospreay matches.

Euro lads had the best matches of the weekend across the board: Ospreay/ZSJ, Ospreay/Ricochet, Scrull/Ospreay, ZSJ/Riddle, the six man at the WWN Supershow...what a time to be alive.

So who's going to do the promo work for the Roman/Styles feud?

Roman's promo on Smackdown wasn't horrible....

I have somehow never actually watched the old Andy Kaufman / Lawler stuff outside of the famous Letterman appearance until now.

Kaufman was a amazing condescending prick heel.

How did all that come about? Was he just a big wrestling fan and asked to do a feud one day?

klonere

Banned
Asuka has been pretty heavily building an Eva Marie feud on twitter.

Eva demanding and getting a title shot against every new champ could be a pretty great ongoing storyline.
Especially if she wins it one time, Yano style

somedevil

From Tokyo Sports and translated by Chris Charlton. Ibushi's comments about Wrestlemania weekend:

edit: It also seems La Sombra is making a name for himself on the NXT tour right now. People don't know him when the match starts but by the end everyone is cheering and going nutz for him.

Top Bottom