• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| A Max Landis Production

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Unsurprisingly, Dustin Rhodes vs Rick Steiner was the best match on the Revenge card.

but I do love watching Totally Buffed be assholes to people. That's like an instant 5 star match on that alone.
fdsfdsfds4qon4.gif

MC Safety

Not even Asuka could squeeze a good match from Eva Marie.

But I like the NXT commentary team. Corey Graves and Tom Phillips are all right and getting better.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Something random or just the Stevie Richards one without the intro

That's the funny thing, it's not even the Stevie Richards theme. Despite them taking it. It's got the Kronik opening then it's this weird other thing. DDP and Jeff Jarrett also have dubbed music. None of those are licensed songs.

The Spoiler sounds like an ahead of its time millenial gimmick. Would have been amazing in early December.

You'd need someone who could wrestle as well as Mark Lewin to pull off that type of gimmick. But it would have been hot a couple of years ago when the guy could have spoiled Game of Thrones for people. That will put butts in seats.

bjork

is it fair to say that ECW aged the worst out of all wrestling?

Wrestling from 97-01 or so is the worst across the board. Say what you will about big-man matches in the 80s being a bunch of restholds or whatever, but the content and fans make late 1900s shit so hard to sit through.

More like eat my insufferable existence.

Speaking of which, I'm catching up on NXT right now and watching Eva Marie hit the ropes makes me physically angry. I swear you can read the "Okay one, two, three steps....TURN!" on her face as she attempts to. Fucking...goddamn it..
I wouldn't be surprised to find that Kelly Kelly was her inspiration growing up.

kKsB9.gif

Ugh, Smelly Kelly's running the ropes... Yeah, Eva is basically the new but even worse Kelly Kelly while starting out ten years older and even less upside in terms of potential in the ring because of her age on top of a lack of ability. There's no way in hell she'll be wrestling five years from now, I'll honestly be shocked if she's even still around by the end of Summer 2018 (I'm assuming her contract would expire by then) and wouldn't be surprised if she leaves before that to "seek out" greener pastures like the Bellas (who Eva is just over a year younger than) did unsuccessfully but without the coming back part because WWE won't be interested.

I assume it's this.

https://soundcloud.com/wrestlezoner...-32-results-the-post-wm32-raw-teddy-hart-more

Zach

Get out
8059%20-%20Awesome_Bomb%20Masato_Tanaka%20autoplay_gif%20ecw%20gif%20mike_awesome%20one_night_stand%20powerbomb%20referee%20table%20wwe.gif

It's aged horribly on the Network with out any of the music.
A lot of the ultra-violence of ECW is just cringe-inducing foolishness... but I love those Awesome/Tanaka matches. So insane and truly awesome.

And yeah, ECW is hit hardest by the music dubs. Sucks.

"If you're asking if I would ever date a wrestler, certainly I would," Stephanie said. "However it wouldn't be good business for me to get romantically involved with anyone in any aspect of our business."

Riiiiiiiiiiiight

Fox318

Definitely. And some of those Benoit diving headbutts.

then you have guys like Bryan still doing it...with a history of concussions.

plus you get shit like somebody comes back from a leg injury and they proceed to do matches where they only work his leg to get cheap crowd sympathy.

bjork

Yes!

I dunno, there was a lot of worthwhile stuff in '97 and '98.

There were good matches and stuff, yes. But factor in all the backyard feds that popped up during that time, and how many clips we've seen of dudes diving off of shit or getting hit with super dangerous stuff, and on the whole, 97-01 is pretty rough. Citing 97 mostly as a jumping off point, and 01 because it seems to have simmered down once the MNW were over. When did XPW happen?

Mahonay

Banned
thats still not as bad as Rock almost killing mick.

Dwayn Johnson's career got over by him making fun of people in the LGBT community and attempted murder.
The Rock is a character that was super over with me as a kid, and now I absolutely hate as an adult.

Jamie OD

A lot of the ultra-violence of ECW is just cringe-inducing foolishness... but I love those Awesome/Tanaka matches. So insane and truly awesome.

And yeah, ECW is hit hardest by the music dubs. Sucks.

The One Night Stand match in particular was highly praised at the time because it was unlike anything else held in a WWE show back then. WWE was at it's most slow and plodding with the in-ring action so when this came along with its fast paced stunts it was a breath of fresh air.

Top Bottom