• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

bangai-o

Banned
http://i.minus.com/iLKUPA3kkjOkO.gif/IMG]

I hope this isn't supposed to be a heel turn and just Ryback being Ryback. Ryback is not great, but him not being a happy go lucky pandering dull face is VERY welcome.[/QUOTE]

seeing all those arms raised in the background raised is craziness. I havent seen that since WcW.

somedevil

Wait a second, this is quite a bit worse than what "Old school Raw" did about a month ago, that's not good

Old school raw always weirdly does high ratings. This was the highest rating since that show with the NCAA championship as competition. I consider this a good rating and it beat last year rating as well.

Kaladin

iLKUPA3kkjOkO.gif

I hope this isn't supposed to be a heel turn and just Ryback being Ryback. Ryback is not great, but him not being a happy go lucky pandering dull face is VERY welcome.

Ryback turned face judging from the crowd reaction.

Of course it's good, it's post WM, anything over a 2.8 is good for 3 hour Raw's. A 3.45 is God tier.

The post Mania Raw is the biggest Raw of the year, that fact that it did worse than a show they did a month ago is not great. The Observer said that the show did worse than what the WWE was expecting

Petrie

Banned
The post Mania Raw is the biggest Raw of the year, that fact that it did worse than a show they did a month ago is not great. The Observer said that the show did worse than what the WWE was expecting

Against the title game they expected more?

Vince is hilarious.

Enfinit

Again, going up against the NCAA National Championship game, the rankings were great. You'd be a fool to expect anything better given the television competition.

We'll have more in the daily audio update today, but due to his schedule, Rock will not be getting surgery and Hercules is still on. He tore his abs off the bone, suffered a hernia and perhaps more in the match with [Cena], about halfway through, and continued with the match. He's obviously in a tremendous amount of pain.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
They are building ryback weird. He literally gets squashed by someone the night before and then he's in the title scene? No.

Aiii

So not worth it

You are not being factual.

According to WrestlingObserver.com, the April 2, 2012 edition of WWE Monday Night RAW drew about 5.02 million viewers for a 3.4 rating, which is considerably higher than what the average has been in recent weeks.

And that was a 2 hour show too and had Lesnar returning.

Anth0ny

They are building ryback weird. He literally gets squashed by someone the night before and then he's in the title scene? No.

You don't understand.

It would have been way too predictable if Ryback went over, so HHH changed the finish at the last minute.

Sanjuro

I would say they are trying to make him seem fairly human so any major victory would feel slightly less forced. At least it feels like they are doing this anyway.

You are not being factual.

And that was a 2 hour show too and had Lesnar returning.

Rating numbers and viewerships are different. Last year had over 5 million viewers, this year had 4.5. Really, it doesn't matter and people put too much emphasis on ratings, but it's not inaccurate to say it's down on last year.

Aiii

So not worth it
I am being factual, it's what Alvarez stated in the 10 minute afternoon update

That's weird, the rating tops last years and the number of viewers is higher as well, despite being an hour longer and the normal rating being around 2.7 for non-WM season Raw's

But Alvarez knows more than I do, so I guess he's right then.

Johnz

Neo Member
The skullgirls character voting thread, where they discussed the interesting ways someone can use a chair to do damage

I just love the idea of a fresh take on a wrestler in a fighting game..there's so much that hasn't been done.. Irish whips..knife edge chop rekkas...and in beowulf's case every painful chair spot you can think of up to and including undertakers steel chair necktie.

Aiii

So not worth it
Rating numbers and viewerships are different. Last year had over 5 million viewers, this year had 4.5. Really, it doesn't matter and people put too much emphasis on ratings, but it's not inaccurate to say it's down on last year.

So why is there a ratings system if you can't compare ratings and absolute numbers are what counts.

This is making less sense to me by the second lol, I'm completely lost.

Look at this:

Wrestlemania: Lost to Henry
Elimination Chamber: Lost against the Shield in the six man
Royal Rumble: Didn't win the Rumble
TLC: Lost in a six man against the Shield
Survivor Series: Lost in a three-way against Punk & Cena
Hell in a Cell: Lost to Punk

somedevil

Its hard to compare because the nuimber of hours and ratings I believe depend on how many people people are watching television. Compared to last year tv viewership is down. The rating was high because the amount of people watching tv was down compared to last year.

So why is there a ratings system if you can't compare ratings and absolute numbers are what counts.

This is making less sense to me by the second lol, I'm completely lost.

Oh I'm not saying you can't compare, I'm just saying that technically there were less viewers this year than last and that's what Alzarez was saying. I don't know if WWE is more interested in the rating or the total viewers.

Bowser

Gonna say rock/cena 3 at ER and

Ryback/herry for. #1 contender at ER

Rock tore his abs off the bone and got a hernia and you think he's gonna wrestle in a month? lol.

Ryback/Cena at ER, MAYBE they make it a triple threat to let Ryback be a tweener, but yeah, Rock ain't wrestling at ER, if ever again.

I don't mind the Ryback push. Just highly doubt they'll have any great matches. But Ryback/Cena is more interesting than Cena/Rock III at extreme rules. Ryback has been good with gimmick matches.

Cena probably won't drop the belt till Summerslam. Longest 5 months ever.

Didn't he already confirm he's working WM 30?

I don't think so, but the plan was for Rock/Brock. With the Rock sustaining serious injuries though, I think that drastically changes things. A lot of producers won't like his potential involvement now that it has shown he can be injured.

Top Bottom