• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love to be able to go back in time and tell myself that a member of Spirit Squad is World Heavyweight Champion and that I'm fucking thrilled about it.

And also that it's not Kenny.

UberTag

I'd love to be able to go back in time and tell myself that a member of Spirit Squad is World Heavyweight Champion and that I'm fucking thrilled about it.

And also that it's not Kenny.
Ziggles oughta break out the cheerleading gear sometime for old time's sake.
You just know AJ and Big E would get into the act and play along.

555835_363479293697164_1401053288_n.jpg

strobogo

Banned
It's actually crazy to think that Dolph and Fandango have both been in the WWE system for 7-8 years. Damien Sandow has close to 10.

It's actually crazy to think that Dolph and Fandango have both been in the WWE system for 7-8 years. Damien Sandow has close to 10.

Sums up the state of the WWE pretty well really. They've been hanging around for the best part of a decade, while the same 'stars' continue to to get screen time - most of which people are seemingly bored with.

Watched Dragon Kid vs HUB (Kaijin Habu Otoko in Osaka Pro) from a Dragon Gate show last month. Good match for the Open the Brave Gate Title, HUB impressed here, while Dragon Kid was his usual pretty amazing self. They did a prolonged bit of legwork with HUB working over Dragon that kinda slowed the match down and, of course, didn't have any relevance once they went into the sprint stretch at the end, but it was a real fun sprint nonetheless.

Dragon Kid (c) vs HUB - Open the Brave Gate Title - (Dragon Gate 03/02/13)

ib1FR2LcEC2PzE.gif

Love this move from HUB, Armageddon;

ib2tRfZaMYxpMY.gif

strobogo said:
Some gross chair shots from Awesome. I'm STUNNED that Tanaka hasn't pulled a Benoit yet.

The amount of punishment Tanaka took in those matches with Awesome is insane and when you factor in all the crazy shit he did in FMW, it's a miracle he's walking, let alone still performing at the top level in Japan.

Penguin

In some fashion it makes sense

A lot of the older stars were in the business for the same amount of time, but bounced around from company to company, learning various aspects of the craft

Those territories will be missed.

Sums up the state of the WWE pretty well really. They've been hanging around for the best part of a decade, while the same 'stars' continue to to get screen time - most of which people are seemingly bored with.

I dunno about that. If anything, I think the WWE are far more likely to rush guys on TV way before they're ready, give them a push, lose faith in them when they don't immediately get over and throw them straight down into the lower card. Most languish in jobber roles (like McIntyre) or leave (like Masters), while very few actually manage to crawl their way out of the depths (like Ziggler).

Anyway, great early Johnny Curtis moment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B10YocEr66A

"Why don't I have chloroform?"

Didn't Bork botch taking the pedigree at Summerslam, too? Twice? Or was that some other match HHH had in the past 2 years?

You're thinking of Nash. The Brock one was Triple H's fault though, as he did a little hop before pulling out of it but Brock went with it. I think he might've done the same thing with Nash.

Holy shit at those burns though.

Ydahs

Just rewatched parts of Raw on the Australian airing and while the crowd noise is generally lower (as always) I don't think they censored any of the crowd reactions.

One thing I did notice though is that the start of mainevent (Cena's dance, followed by clothesline from Henry) was improvised by Cena on the spot. With the toned down crowd noise, you could clearly hear him say something along the lines of "I'm going to do a dance. You clotheline and I'll duck.". Well worked by Cena there.

Aiii

So not worth it
Not sure if posted...

WWE has reportedly signed Irish women's wrestler Rebecca Knox to a developmental deal. She debuted back in 2002 but retired in 2008 after an injury. She returned to the ring in October 2012 and has competed for top women's promotions including SHIMMER. She also has experience in personal training, nutrition consulting, yoga, mixed martial arts, gymnastics, acting and stunt work.

Rebecca told The Herald newspaper in Ireland: "I want to make the most of this opportunity. Sheamus has shown that Irish pro-wrestlers can go all the way to the top."

sephi22

Smackdown spoiler vids.
Cena tries to get Fandango's theme over. Crowd is lukewarm to the theme but boos Fandango's name. Then Fandango comes out and gets buried by Cena and Team Hell No (including a chokeslam by Bryan). Then they leave to YES! chants.
Afterwards Fandango corrects Lilian. Then the music plays and the crowd dances. Lilian does too

https://twitter.com/Wrestling617

Ithil

Just rewatched parts of Raw on the Australian airing and while the crowd noise is generally lower (as always) I don't think they censored any of the crowd reactions.

One thing I did notice though is that the start of mainevent (Cena's dance, followed by clothesline from Henry) was improvised by Cena on the spot. With the toned down crowd noise, you could clearly hear him say something along the lines of "I'm going to do a dance. You clotheline and I'll duck.". Well worked by Cena there.

I think that main event and the Orton/Sheamus match were written into the show right before it went on to compensate for the lost Rock angle. They seemed very improvised.

I think that main event and the Orton/Sheamus match were written into the show right before it went on to compensate for the lost Rock angle. They seemed very improvised.

Most of the show was probably rewritten the day of anyway, as that's standard practice in the WWE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watched some BJW shows last night. Man, those wear me out.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah, I posted it a few pages back; http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=53150520&postcount=3311

She should be a good addition to the roster if she can live up to half the promise she showed before her injury.

I hope they start building some of the girls besides AJ soon, because once they have these girls debut they're gonna need some proper feuds to get over.

I love that they're bringing in actual wrestling talent and what not, but if they're gonna end up being used as valets and managers instead of wrestlers as WWE does, what's the point?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I watched the TV version of Raw last night and the crowd noise in the opening segment at the very least was definitely being fucked with. Cena was getting basically constant Vickie Guerrero level heat live and it sounds nothing like that in the broadcast version. Most of the rest of the night sounds very similar to how it did live, though, just turned down a bit more or less across the board from how it sounded live (which is only natural).

I hope they start building some of the girls besides AJ soon, because once they have these girls debut they're gonna need some proper feuds to get over.

I love that they're bringing in actual wrestling talent and what not, but if they're gonna end up being used as valets and managers instead of wrestlers as WWE does, what's the point?
I wonder if they're planning a full reboot of the women's division. I mean, when was the last time we've even SEEN the Divas Championship, particularly on Raw? I mean the actual belt itself, not just Kaitlyn.

Ithil

The whole stop-start thing of Vince's kills any plans dead. They could decide, ok, we're going to reboot the Divas division in about 5 months time. We will debut about 3-4 new Divas over the course of that month, any good wrestlers that are currently valets on the main roster will be returned to the division, and we'll commit to making a proper and compelling division with full length matches and good competition.

Then three weeks in Vince suddenly bursts in and yells that he's decided they're going to push the IC for now and to scrap all other plans for the non-World titles. Then they stop pushing the IC title a month later and they wonder why they even bother.

Ithil

They want to get it into the Top 40 in the UK, I believe, because once that happens it has to be played on the radios there.

Ithil

Are AJ and Ziggler actually dating in real life? Last time I paid attention, she was with Daniel Bryan?

AJ's dating life is not very public. All I know is years ago she was with Jay Lethal, and supposedly she was with Trent Baretta for a while, but it's all very private.

Daniel Bryan has been with Brie Bella since at least early 2012, I don't think he and AJ were ever dating in real life.

I won't bother making assumptions based on on-screen stuff.

Ithil

So, despite not really trying (at least not on the same level as Zack Ryder) Curtis on his way to be more over than Zack Ryder will have been!

How much of Ryder's overness was really down to his on-screen character, and how much was down to the internet show and the "stick it to the man" approach, though? Fandango, so far, is a pretty fun heel.

Top Bottom